Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI, ok so I had WLS on June 8 and since then I have gone down about 32 pounds. Knock on wood...I have no intolerances at all and I am feeling great. My problem is that I have not lost anything this week! I have been yo-yo ing with the last pound since last Saturday...up a few ounces, down a few ounces and back up again. I started food on Saturday and I have been eating according to my nut plan and I have been walking...with is going on! I am beyond frustrated! I also feel like I am able to eat a lot more than I should. I am always hungry!

Here is what a typical day could look like

Poached egg

Protein Shake

3-4 tsps of chicken salad with light mayo

Wasa cracker

cheese stick

1/3 of turkey burger (no bun)

2-3 tsp of black Beans with a spoonful of salsa and a drop of low fat sour cream

Water and Vitamin water zero through out the day

Any thoughts??

I had surgery on June 13th and stalled for almost 2 weeks! Uuugh!

I had surgery on June 5th. I am only down 23 lbs, but I stalled last week also. From what everyone on here is saying, it's normal and pretty much a given that your body will stall, even tho you are doing everything according to plan. They say that you just put your body thru major surgery, and it will need time to catch up to your new eating habits. Hang in there! It will come off!!

HI, ok so I had WLS on June 8 and since then I have gone down about 32 pounds. Knock on wood...I have no intolerances at all and I am feeling great. My problem is that I have not lost anything this week! I have been yo-yo ing with the last pound since last Saturday...up a few ounces, down a few ounces and back up again. I started food on Saturday and I have been eating according to my nut plan and I have been walking...with is going on! I am beyond frustrated! I also feel like I am able to eat a lot more than I should. I am always hungry!

Here is what a typical day could look like

Poached egg

Protein shake

3-4 tsps of chicken salad with light mayo

Wasa cracker

cheese stick

1/3 of turkey burger (no bun)

2-3 tsp of black Beans with a spoonful of salsa and a drop of low fat sour cream

Water and Vitamin Water zero through out the day

Any thoughts??

I am 5 weeks out and I'm doing one egg, a Protein Shake, with a little Isopure thrown in, 1.5 ounces of tuna and maybe a sugarf-free pudding and 1/2 cup of skim milk and I'm hitting about 400-450 calories a day and I been the same for a week.

I have been walking 1-2 miles a day, water walking 1-2 hours a day and lifting weights or doing the gazelle. Yesterday I did the Firm interval training (not at the same impact as on the dvd) and I did not do the stomach exercises, plus swimming and I was up a pound today. I also am having issues going potty, though I started back on metamucil.

It happens, not happy about it, I'm hoping that in the next day or two I'll experience the nice 3 pound drop that I have been getting accustomed to. I usually stay the same a few days, and then struggle up and down a pound then I have a significant 3 pound drop then go back to the same old same old. It seems my body is doing the same darn thing it was doing pre-surgery when I was on on the high protein- low carb. Eventually my body is going to have to let go because there is no natural way for me to maintain my weight on less than 460 calories a day.

I had my surgery on June 11, 2012. I have been in a complete stall for over two weeks. Like you, I am doing everything right. I understand your frustration. I am listening to what other people have to say about it and it seems like we shouldn't panic. Just keep doing the right things and it will break. My husband is going to take my scale away from me if I don't stop weighing myself every day! Ask yourself, when is the last time you lost 32 pounds in a month? Your sleeve is fine. I am only down a little over 20 pounds since my surgery...

I only lost 26 pounds since the day I had surgery - but then again when I weighed myself 6 days after surgery I was up 6 pounds so it's 32 pounds. I'm 5 weeks out. I think our bodies also need to get to used to the "new stages". I am behind most people on the food stages, I just hit pureed phase Monday and I'm not doing as well with it because I guess I got used to liquids and pureed is a little harder on my body. I'm suppose to hit soft foods come Sunday and it's causing me anxiety.

Good luck, it will come off though, I promise you, and trust me as positive as I try to sound, I still cuss under my breath when I read the scale and see no drop. Since this morning the scale was moved out a bit (my husband likes to stub his toe on it in the bathroom - or my son moves it) I internally blame it on it being out of whack. Of course, there are days I am tempted to reweigh myself throughout the day, after a heavy exercise, but when I do I am normally frustrated because I seem to gain a pound after lots of exercise. I need to just weigh myself after the first morning piddle or throw away the scale or hide it.

The thing I normally do when I have this issue is measure myself. Seeing the inches melt when I measure myself makes me feel so much better.

It is frustrating doing everything right and not losing or worse..... Gaining! Especially a women, you need to know your body will react different depending on the time of month, periods, pms and of course, stress. But Stalls happen. Especially anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks. That is when you really need to be measuring inches. I drop the most inches when I am not dropping a single pound. There are things you can try to get jump started. You can do a day of your "pre op liquid diet" (just a day, no longer than that) or try upping your calories. Another thing is mix up your workout. But most important, keep doing what you are. I promise the stall will end and I promise you will have more :-) sorry...... You all are doing great! Keep up your hard work and I am sending happy thoughts your way.

Well count me as a another person who was sleeved in June and has hit a stall. I'm ok with it because it seems my body/skin is catching up to my weight loss since surgery. I was a little worried because I lost it so fast that my skin was getting pretty droopy and without losing this past week I'm noticing it start to tighten up. Just think, we are taking in so few calories our bodies can't hang onto it forever... if bodies could hang on to weight when they don't take in enough calories than there would be no such thing as a anorexia.

Wow. Your calorie counts are so low! And exercise so high! You are burning way more calories than you are eating. There is a minimum our bodies need to run our vital organs and just move around, before you add exercise. The heavier you are the higher that number as your body has to work harder to stay alive and get around.

Is it safe long term to consume less than 800 calories a day and exercise that much?

From everything I know, your body will lose slower and stall more often if it perceives famine.

Not sure my brain would function (as that seems to be the first to go for me!) I'm sure I would feel light headed and somewhat unwell. (as I have done starvation diets in the past!)

Interested to hears thoughts on this :)

Ok so I guess from what I am seeing that this is normal! What a sick game we are playing ;)! I am walking about 2miles a day and I have 3boys 5 and under so I am on the move most of the day. good luck to all and thanks for the positive thoughts!!