Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need party ideas Please!

Nana~

Okies I have need party ideas for my daughters up coming B~Day party!

She is turning 12 and I have been so busy now I'm in a rush to put out invites..

Any ideas? Her Birthday is on a Friday- Dad works Sat, Sun and Mondays..Mom has School on Sunday...

So Fri. or Sat is my days to plan.

I'm thinking just a sleep over like 3 girls and her? Or if she wants a boy to come then a sleep over for the girls and have dinner @ a local place for those not spending the night?

Cake she told me she wants cup cakes and them to decorate them- So that super easy lol

Last year I felt so bad because her party was the same time Houston was being evacuated- we couldn't even get out of the neighborhood for all the traffic...So I'm trying to make it up I guess.

She wants a sewing machine, a laptop or PC, a phone in her room, a electric shaver (to start shaving),

oooo my baby is getting too big! ;)

Nana~

Nana~

Hey! Weren't you the one that entered a contest a while back in Grapevine? How did that go?

As for the party, I did the slumber party thing for my daughter a few times and she loved it! We had a fashion show thing where I had them dress up and I did their makeup, then we played music and I had them "walk down the runway"...it was hilarious! They did a scavenger hunt, and cake and all of that. They stayed up until about 4 a.m. though, even after I repeatedly got up and told them to get to bed...but oh well, they had fun and that was what mattered! Have fun with it, they grow up wayyy too fast!

Nana, those are great party ideas! I have a 12 year old and we did the slumber thing with a few girls. Decorating cupcakes will be fun. Anything that you do, they will have fun. Aren't girls fun??!!!

Shawn

I have an 11YO DD, turning 12 in October. I think the sleepover idea is good too. In addition to them decorating cupcakes you could have them do homemade pizzas. DD did that one year. There was her and three other girls, so each girl got half a pizza. We just got Pillsbury poppin can doughs to keep it easy. Rented some movies, got DD a few music CD's which was part of her gifts and let them have the basement. They slept in sleeping bags and had a good time. We also bought a makeup kit so they could do themselves up. A girly good time. :biggrin1:

My daughter will be 13 this year. Last year we did the slumber party thing, we had high tea at midnight,(hot chocolate) the girls did a beauty treatment. Just toes and fingers and a semi mask for their faces. We had lemon/orange Water, That seemed to be a hit. They liked the fresh fruit in the pitcher. We also, or should I say they, picked out a few scary movies and they had a great time screaming at the scary parts together. We kept the number of kids low and it seemed to work out great. Good luck.

Oh, the pizza idea is a good one!

Yes, I was the one in Grapevine *Blush* I made it to the top 3 but didn't win...NEXT YEAR!!! lol

Nana~

I dressed up as a gypsy palm reader for a friend's niece's slumber party once. Long ruffled skirt, big hoop earrings, kerchief on my head. It was so much fun! I told them I saw great adventures in their future, sailing the high seas, or fame and fortune in television, or becoming the first woman on Mars, many handsome men would hold their hands, etc. They screached and giggled and really thought I could read palms.

I think the "makeovers" or manicures/hairstyle thing is a great idea, and a scavenger hunt, and movies like "13 Going on 30".

(Embarrassing admission: when I was at a slumber party when I was about 11, we called someone whose last name was Lipshitz and said "If your lip shits, my ass whistles" :):phanvan)

(Embarrassing admission: when I was at a slumber party when I was about 11, we called someone whose last name was Lipshitz and said "If your lip shits, my ass whistles" :):phanvan)

When I was young we did prank calls too. It was almost a rite of passage. Damn caller id!!! :) :biggrin1:

ROFL...I was queen of the slumber party when I was a young girl. It always involved horror movies (children of the corn! Yikes!!), prank calling boys houses (before caller ID obviously!) and giggling until the wee hours. *Sigh* What memories! I think the ideas you have are great. I never went to any that actually had an activity to do. Just junk food and hair braiding.

I dont have any ideas but man did rememebring those times make me feel good! Thanks!

When my DD was around that age we did the same, slumber parties, make-overs, mani & pedicures for the girls. The pizza is a good plan, anything they get involved in making...ice cream sundaes to go with their cupcakes maybe. They made up a dance thing to a popular song at the time, and we video taped them, and made a copy for each of the girls. Maybe a few of those disposable cameras, they can snap away and make faces!! If you need a theme, maybe a Hawaiian luau, or a Mexican fiesta, you could have a taco bar, and virgin margarita's. Even at that age you can do a pinata, add some fun things besides candy to it. A little girl I used to babysit just turned 13, and they bought fleece, and let each of the girls make a small blanket... the ones you fringe the edges, and tie knots in. Mostly just let them giggle and screech!! But it is always a good idea to have some things planned just in case it gets off to a slow start, they don't want to all be just sitting there looking at each other!!!

Good Luck, Happy birthday to your DD...and enjoy it yourself too!!

Kat

My fave thing at that age was a scavenger hunt. Write a list of funny things they need to collect from neighbors or if theres no neighbors do it like an easter egg hunt.

my niece just turned 11 and the spa thing was the bomb! slumber party, nails and toes and then a miss america pagent, i would still love just one more nite like that with my friends!

also, when i was that age we played a game called "Doubles" if you are into favors, i am, wrap them in masking tape and newspaper, many times, like at least 4-9 times, have the kis sit in a circle. you have a scarf, a hat and mittens. the kids roll the dice and when someone gets doubles they have to put on the scarf, hat and mittens and try to unwrap the present. when someone else gets doubles they have to stop, pass the clothes on and wait theri turn to roll again. the person who FINALLY gets the present unwrapped gets to keep it. we could do this for hours!!! and..it kills time.

good luck

Does your girl do DDR? Also the movie High School Musical might be fun. You know the one where they teach the dance moves and songs.

M

Whats DDR?

These are all fantatic ideas! Now I gotta get to planning!

Nana~

Heya Vines I would LOVE to have a sleep over at my house! My son and Hubby would just lock them selves in the computer room LOL

We could swim in the pool (our neighborhood had a Jr. olymic size pool) and go to 6th Street! Woot!

AND I rellay like frozen drinks YUM!

Nana~