Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Long Islanders?

Dr. Geiss is my surgeon as well. I just had my 2nd fill today. My surgery was back on 12/7/06 and I'm only down about 40lbs. I know what I am doing wrong. My excerise routine is nonexsistant (even though I belong to a gym) I also will eat around my band and this current fill. I must be crazy. These are the same types of behaviors that caused me to become so over weight to begin with. Obviously I know what I should be doing but I never seem make the right choices just the easy lazy ones. What will it take for me to realize what is at stake here, I just wish I could find the motivation within myself.

Hi Paula,

40 pounds down since Nov with one fill is good progress. The band works but only if you get to a place where you will work it and not against it. I find I constantly question myself as to if I'm really hungry or if I'm eating out of boredom, to alleviate stress, as a habit, etc. Recognizing what you're doing wrong allows you to do things right. Keep on posting. Group support really does help.

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I eat whenever I feel emotional...from one end of the spectrum to the other. I know excercise is key here, it will help me both mentally and physically. The gym at work is available, I just keep wondering when will be the best time to go...My kids schedules have a lot to do with this and also my own insecurities about working out in front of people at the work place, I am a big girl who isn't very nimble. I like the womens 30 min circut. Whichever franchise makes no difference to me. I am moving this summer so I will look online to see whats available near my new place. I was hoping to be able to maintain a 2lb a week lose, but that didn't happen. This will work once I am able keep focused for more that a week at a time. Keep in touch :D

Hi, I also live in Suffolk County, I am scheduled for surgery 7/30/07 with Dr. Geiss in Syosset. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Lady Libra how are you doing almost 1 month post surgery?

Anna

Hi, I also live in Suffolk County, I am scheduled for surgery 7/30/07 with Dr. Geiss in Syosset. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Lady Libra how are you doing almost 1 month post surgery?

Anna

Hi Only4Me,

I am doing well. I am losing weight, but ever so slowly. I have a ways to go.

I am suppose to get a fill this month, July 12th. I have gone through all of the stages: Not hungry... to starving... and finally learning whose boss.. THE BAND.

I am eating mostly soft foods, and only fish for now. Taking it slow, with no regrets!

I wish you well with your surgery. Let me know how it goes!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR

The Next Long Island Lap-Band Support Group

Dinner Meeting

Will Be Next Wednesday, July 11th at -

Panera Bread

1258 Deer Park Ave. N. Babylon

Time: 7:00 PM

If you have been banded, are waiting to get banded or just considering being banded, then this is the place for you. You are cordially invited and most welcomed. Come and meet fellow "Bandsters", many of whom you may already know from the OH Support Board Online, and other forums. This is a great time of fellowship, learning, sharing, making friends and "breaking bread" together!

Please RSVP so we know how many are coming!! For more information or to RSVP, please e-mail me, Ron, at info@shilohgraphics.com

** Note: Our e-Mail list is getting long. If you do not want to keep receiving these announcements and/or do not plan on attending any future events, please drop me an e-mail and we will remove you from our list. Thanks for your cooperation!

I am really excited. Dr. Geiss is doing my surgery. I researched this for over two years and for a number of reasons, he was the best choice for me.

My screen name is meaningful and hopefully will be helpful to others.

A good friend who had gastric bypass said that you have about 18 months after your surgery to figure out why you eat the way you do. So the band is a helpful tool and you will lose weight, but to be successful you really need to know WHY from a psychological standpoint.

Best of luck and continued success to everyone.

-18 months

Good luck to you too and thanks

I'll let you know how it goes with the surgery. Were you at the meeting with June Warman on July 3rd, that was a huge group. I was sitting on the back corner near the door, next to the really tall guy.

I'll e-mail again after Wednesday! I just hope I get thru this liquid meal phase, but only thre more days -- no pain no gain or loss as it was!!

Jo-Ann

Yes, I was there......I was up by the front sitting near the windows, I had to leave because it just went on too long and I had to go back to work..