Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sure there r threads about this already, but I'm being lazy and wanted to know how to kick things up a bit. I'm two days post op but been on clears for 2 1/2 weeks now. Any suggestions r great! Thanks! I'm drinking my koolaid and juices but really want to kick up my broths.

I am on a clear liquid diet for pre-op. I read on here that someone had cream of wheat on there clear liquid diet. Cream of wheat and grits are in the same ballpark so I assume you can try that!?

Well I am eight days post op and still on Clear Liquids until tomorrow I hope. I have bought chicken noodle Soup from Souper Salads and basically scooped all of the broth. The broth was good and tasty. I also bought some potatoe soup and strained it using a can colander and added broth to it to make it thinner. It was good also.

You can put just about any veggie in your clear broth, either put it in cheesecloth or sift it when you are done.

A beef or chicken bullion cube will help broth so much!

So stinkin' tired of broth. I may never eat Soup again. I do add the Unjury chicken flavor broth Protein Powder to a can of the swanson chicken (reduced sodium) chicken broth. It was good.....but I am over the broth. I also strained a can of campbell's vegetable soup and drank that broth which was a nice change from chicken. I saw someone post on here that they used the powder mix from a pkg of Ramen noodles. I would be a little concerned about sodium. I guess you could dilute it down. The best broth was the broth I had while I was post op in TJ, Mexico. I don't know how they made it, but it was the bomb. I guess I got spoiled by it and now that I am home nothing compares.

If you have a Chinese place close to home, you can get the wonton Soup and strain the one wonton out :0

I am not certain about egg drop soup on all clears, Susie. What does Dr. A say about spices in the broth is that OK?

I am sure the Mexican broth tasted so good because it is homemade. My future SIL lives with us and he says they don't do fast food in MX. Most everything is made at home, from scratch. I am thinking about getting a chicken and cooking it, making broth and freezing it in ice cube containers. Then I can take out one cube and let it melt, warm it and sip.

I think the clear stage will be the hardest of all. Not much variety there!

So stinkin' tired of broth. I may never eat Soup again. I do add the unjury chicken flavor broth Protein powder to a can of the swanson chicken (reduced sodium) chicken broth. It was good.....but I am over the broth. I also strained a can of campbell's vegetable soup and drank that broth which was a nice change from chicken. I saw someone post on here that they used the powder mix from a pkg of Ramen noodles. I would be a little concerned about sodium. I guess you could dilute it down. The best broth was the broth I had while I was post op in TJ, Mexico. I don't know how they made it, but it was the bomb. I guess I got spoiled by it and now that I am home nothing compares.

Do you like the Unjury broth ? I need to order it but some people say is makes them gag.

I was told no Tomato Soup or potato Soup - Tomato because it's too acidic and potato because it's pretty high in carbs. (these would be full liquid)

For clears I bought Isopure Green Tea with Lemon...and added Lemon MIO. The Grape with Grape Mio and the Orange with Orange Mio. (add tons of ice because it doesn't taste that great when it's warm.)

I used Mrs. Grass which for one cup (without the noodles) has 700 mg of sodium - chicken Ramen without noodles (1,768 for the package) unfortunately, I cannot find one how much one cup is. 800 mg of sodium for 1/2 package of chicken Ramen...with 1/2 the broth.

When I moved to other Soups, the one soup that I liked was Cream of Asparagus, I pureed the vegetables and then mixed the skim milk. Vegetable Soup (minus the vegetables), Heart Healthy Bean & Bacon Soup - pureed consistency then add Water and cooked. This would still be considered "full liquid" and not "pureed" because it's completely in liquid form that you could drink through a straw.

I just moved pureed food and I was on full liquids 5 weeks. Though bean & bacon soup was one of my favorite of all times as well as Mrs. Grass & Cream of Asparagus, I'm so tired of them. For a treat I would get Potbelly Broccoli Cheddar and strain out the vegies (Panera is almost exactly the same).

Good Luck.

If you have a Chinese place close to home' date=' you can get the wonton Soup and strain the one wonton out :0

I am not certain about egg drop Soup on all clears, Susie. What does Dr. A say about spices in the broth is that OK?

I am sure the Mexican broth tasted so good because it is homemade. My future SIL lives with us and he says they don't do fast food in MX. Most everything is made at home, from scratch. I am thinking about getting a chicken and cooking it, making broth and freezing it in ice cube containers. Then I can take out one cube and let it melt, warm it and sip.

I think the clear stage will be the hardest of all. Not much variety there![/quote']

I didn't ask him, he basically said anything clear that I can see through a glass. Didn't feel like bothering him, lol. Great idea on making it own chicken broth, I'm so bored I may just do that, lol!

Miso Soup from a local Japaneese place- strain it... its a nice change of pace. I lived on Campbells vegetable beef soup the first two weeks- just strained it and gave the veggies/beef to BF. Also try beef consume or french onion soup strained.... super good change of pace.

I dont know if I would worry too much about carbs/sodium now.... the first two weeks are all about keeping hydrated and sticking to the clears/liquids.

Im 3 months out and still cant stand the thought of having chicken soup or beef broth. I had enough broth for my whole damn life! :)

I spiced my chicken broth up with garlic powder & Mrs. Dash...

Do you like the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury broth ? I need to order it but some people say is makes them gag.

I really do like the Unjury Protein chicken broth. It tastes great to me. I also have ordered the chocolate splendor and the vanilla Protein powders and have been very pleased. I drank my first chocolate shake today (post op) and it still tasted fine. just like it did pre op. Everyone is different and some love it and some don't. I definitely prefer it to the RTD shakes you can buy at the health food stores and Walmart. That's just me. Unjury does offer packets for $1.99 so you don't have to invest in a whole container, however they do have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied and will take an opened container back.

Thanks, I will def. get some ordered by the weekend. I like warm things, especially if sipping is required. Hopefully my new tummy will like it too.