Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just saying hello

I was banded on June 20th of this year and wow what a journey it's been. I'm doing well having lost 18kgs. I had my first fill last week and now reality has hit home about the amount I can actually eat :hungry:. Oh yeah.. the gelatenous blobs were fun too :speechles . The 'head issues' are on the surface now that I can't use food to ease anxiety, anger etc etc etc but all in all I have no regrets :).

Hi Sam, I have just been looking at your websites. wow your photos are terrific. Just one question - what health fund are you in? my friend recently had PS and her out of pocket expenses were well over $6000

thanks sam for your quick reply. Never mind, I thought if it was one of the regular funds I would transfer from mine, but I assume your fund is strictly for staff and families.

thanks sam for your quick reply. Never mind, I thought if it was one of the regular funds I would transfer from mine, but I assume your fund is strictly for staff and families.

Yeah, it is. But if you have any family in transport (rail, public transport, truck drivers ect.) you might be able to join.

R&T kicks ass. I walked out of the Wesley hospital in Brisbane, one of the most expensive hospitals in Australia, had a private room, and paid no gap at all for the room or pharmacy (or anything else for that matter)

I was banded on June 20th of this year and wow what a journey it's been. I'm doing well having lost 18kgs. I had my first fill last week and now reality has hit home about the amount I can actually eat :hungry:. Oh yeah.. the gelatenous blobs were fun too :speechles . The 'head issues' are on the surface now that I can't use food to ease anxiety, anger etc etc etc but all in all I have no regrets :rolleyes:.

Welcome Sharyn.......what a great weight loss you have achieved

Where abouts are you from?

hiya Sharon and welcome hope everything is going ok for you....

Fee WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN nice to see your name again how ya going:clap2:

Hi SharynP - welcome to our world - it's great to have another Aussie on board. Congratulations on your weight loss to date - wow, 18kg already - you must feel great!

Where were you banded, and by whom? Do you have access to a local support group as well?

I am counting the days to my op. As you're a bit ahead of me - I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences and chatting with you further.

Wow! You and I have the same banding date. If my kg to lbs calculation is right - you've lost about 40 lbs. That is awsome. I've only lost half that amount and thought I was doing pretty good. Keep up the good work!

Terry :rolleyes:

hiya Sharon and welcome hope everything is going ok for you....

Fee WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN nice to see your name again how ya going:clap2:

Hi Jenny

i have been pretty busy lately ...working n stuff

I have been ok..im losing slowly atm but still losing...lol

How are you??

hi sharon,

i am new to this site and have my first appt with surgeon tomorrow at 5pm! reading threads like yours put even more exitement into my life! i have no doubt that there will be trying times but stories like yours ease the fears! good on you! 18kgs in 3 months is fantastic! keep up the good work! like to char soon , mel from ballarat vic.:clap2: