Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't Lost Much Sleeve Oct.2011

I HAD LOST 32 LBS BEFORE SURGERY ...DAY OF SURGERY I WAS 207 NOW I WEIGH 169.I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AM I DOING WRONG..PLEASE HELP!

First of all, please notice that you lost 70 pounds and have been able to KEEP IT OFF as well (not bounce back, regain, etc.) That in itself is a SUCCESS in my book :)

• What is your goal weight?
  • What are you eating now in calories/protein/carbs/fats and fluids? Do you keep a food journal?
  • What type of exercise or activity do you do daily/weekly?
  • Are you still in touch with your surgeon's office? Support group? Nutritionist available to you?
  • Are you still taking Vitamins as needed?

If you are tall in height and you're within 20+/- pounds of your goal weight it's most likely at that point that everyone hits of just slowing down. It may take going back to the basics (protein shakes, limiting carbs, etc) or shaking up your routine with some new workout activity to get things going!

How tall are you? I see you goal weight is 130.

Are you exercising? I walk several miles 4 days per week and do 2 strength training classes per week.

Are you eating at least 65 grams of Protein per day? I find I eat less if I make sure I'm getting enough firm, low-calorie Protein, such as chicken, fish, and lean meats.

Are you eating whole grains instead of white bread, etc.? I only eat 100% whole grain bread unless I am at a restaurant with really good bread. I stick with oatmeal or unsweetened cereals, I don't eat much rice or Pasta.

I also tracked my food - protein and calories till I got to goal. I used a white board on the fridge door to keep track.

Lynda

I HAVE A PROTEINN shake IN THE MORNING WITH banana IN IT ..I HAVE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH CREAM cheese Protein Shake IS ABOUT 20 GRAMS IN THE MORNING ..I HAVENT BEEN EATING RIGHT I DO NOT DRINK ENOUGH Water ..WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP!!:)

If I were you, I would cut the carbs back - banana and english muffin are both pretty carby, get in some dense Proteins like chicken breast. Get you Water up. You know what you need to do - eat better and get your Protein in. I highly suggest using a tracking site like myfitnesspal - there are lots of sleevers there and it really helps!

I HAVE A PROTEINN shake IN THE MORNING WITH BANANA IN IT ..I HAVE WHEAT ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH CREAM cheese Protein shake IS ABOUT 20 GRAMS IN THE MORNING ..I HAVENT BEEN EATING RIGHT I DO NOT DRINK ENOUGH Water ..WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP!!:)

I would cut down on the banana for sure, too much carbs, stop the bread too. And try to drink Water before and after meal times to get ur water intake. Make sure u wait 30-45 minutes. They have RtD shakes u can drink that are 100 calories and 15 or so grams of Protein in each. Count ur calories , protein and water. It should help. Also walking is great! Start off walking 10 minutes and add 5 minutes a day until u reach 45-60 minutes or break it up, 30 min morning walk and 30 minutes later on. Hope this helps ;)

well.. i haven't had the surgery yet.. but you said you havent been eating right and you haven't been drinking Water.. i guess i'd start there? I also think because it doesn't seem like you have as much to lose as others... that it may take a little longer? I think its amazing.. you are doing great.... is your goal weight realistic. I'm 5'9" and have never been 130... i was a size 2 at 145...

How do your clothes fit? I think sometimes you can be heavy but skinny?

THE ENGLISH MUFFINS ARE MULTI GRAIN MY GOAL WAS 130 I AM 5'2 AND I DID WORK OUT JUST HAVENT BEEN BACK ON TRACK...THANK YOU .

I WAS A SIZE 18 -20 I AM DOWN BETWEEN A 6 - 8 MY CLOTHES FEEL GREAT ON ME ...

Mandy, my dieticians have always said that bananas are not good for weight loss. Sounds like you have hit a plateau. You can break it just need to change some things. You can do it !

multi grain still has a lot of carbs and not a lot of Protein. I would suggest talking to your NUT to make sure your diet is where it needs to be.

You've gotten great advice from many people. You get it now: Cut back on carbs (try going less than 40-50g per day for a week or so), up the Protein to 70g+ per day, aim for 64oz or more in fluids, and kick the activity in gear for a while. You can do it!