Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew ~ September Chat

Cherg - Welcome to the May Band Crew!

Kim - I have the medium size band and have 2.5 cc. I am going for my next fill on Wednesday. I wish my restriction would last a little longer. I must have a lot of fat in my stomach organ which I seem to be losing at a pretty steady rate. I seem to need a fill every 4-6 weeks.

I BOUGHT SKIS! Skiing is one of my biggest goals with weight loss. I may not make it on them this season but if I keep losing at the same rate, I just may get to try them out in Feburary.

Even if I don't make it this season, my skis will be ready and waiting for me next season when I KNOW I will put themt to good use.

It was actually kind of weird buying them. I'm probably the fattest person he has ever sold skis to. HA! He should have seen me 6 months ago. I wouldn't have dared to darken his door then.

I still can't get my head around the idea that I might actually be able to ski this season!

I have a zero balance in my bank account with more that was scheduled to come out of my over draft account...I was hit by an identity thief on Saturday. Luckily Mondays are my day to do my banking so I discovered it sooner than later. Armani, no less and Coach...such good taste....grrrrrrr! pullhair.gif

What a headache...

On the up side is that after I eat a bandster portion I don't get hungry for hours since my fill last Wednesday. 570.gif

I can still hold more than a bandster portion... I sure wish I got those 'signals' that tell me to stop rather than having to weigh and measure to make sure I don't overeat. Sigh...maybe next fill? I hiccup a lot after I finish eating so I think my body is confused about the rule that says it's supposed to let me know before I stop eating....:biggrin1:

Have a good week everyone!

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_110640-->

WOW!!! Drewslou you look fabulous! I can hardly wait to be in a 16. My bottom size hasn't but one size, even after 50 lbs. Arggg...

My fill from a week ago took a few days to kick in. On Saturday, I tried to eat a spaghetti salad and thought I was going to lose it. Boy did it hurt. Then today I had one bite of a donut and knew that was enough. So I guess Pasta and breads are on their way out of my vocabulary. It is so good to finally have some restriction!! Yeah!! I haven't vomitted but I have felt that bit of slime that has been talked about. I didn't much care for that, I'd like to not have that happen again.

cherg ~ Welcome to the May Band Crew. :welcome2: So many can relate to the stage your in and the challenges that go along with that. You have done fantastic so far & don't let anyone tell you differently. I love the May thread. BTW, my wife, 3Loves, was banded on May 26, 2006 and that's where I get my info. I hope to get approval for the band. It's looking like a long rough ride at this point.

Marz88 ~ Stay clear of the slime. I hear it's pretty nasty stuff. My DW has had some restriction and is still scared to death of the dreaded PB. She eats & chews well. I'm sure it's bound to happen one day.

Janey ~ Unbelievable! I hope their able to track down the guilty party or parties. I have heard that some gypsy groups are into that stuff big time. I was a victim myself a few years ago and only found out b/c we went in to purchase a van. Luckily, we caught it early & it did not keep us from getting the van. They applied online from a rental home and the only charge was the yearly credit card charge from the issuing company. The police report was filed and nothing ever came out of it. I monitor my credit report closely these days. I wish you the very best of finding the low-life's that did this to you. BTW, it's good to hear your fill is going well.

Kim ~ You are getting too skinny. Those plus sizes are a thing of the past. WTG!! :) 3Loves is has not been talking about another fill, but perhaps it is something she should consider. Her weight is staying the same. Her first and only fill was 2.5 cc's. No problems from the fill whatsoever and she does have restriction. Hmm, maybe she needs to think about another fill. We'll see. Good to hear from my NASCAR buddy.

Myra ~ You make me feel so, so, so something. Here I am worrying about coming up with $700 for 2 crowns (that is with dental insurance) and then you share your story. Bless your little heart. One good point is that at least you do have something to show for your money spent and some people just can't say that. I told 3Loves your story and she laughed at herself b/c she needed the gas to calm her enough for ONE root canal...what a baby!! She told one of the girls she was more nervous about this than she was with her WLS. I guess the gas is a good thing for nervous people. Personally, I'm more like you and just relax in the chair. We will definitely keep you all in our prayers especially on Oct 9 & 11. Here's a hug to tie you over until that time. :) Hang in there. BTW, are you having this done in the states or MX? Maybe she said it and I missed that part. Either way, I'm sure you will be glad to get all this behind you.

Drews ~ What can I say? You look SUPER DUPER fantastic in those 16's. :wow2: & :wow2: I'm afraid my DW would look like a polish sausage if she tried to squeeze into a pair of 16's right now. It won't be as long as it has been though. She loves to see your pics b/c you give her hope that she too can get there. THANKS for that!! :clap2:

LindaV ~ Good for you girl. Now make sure those new skis see some fresh powder THIS SEASON. There is no reason I can think of that she shouldn't. You can do this and most importantly, YOU deserve it. Get out there and be you. Have fun, smile, and let your heart sing. I'm getting excited for you. :) Just try to keep the clackers in their appropriate places, you don't want to start a clack avalanche. :D :omg:

BWT, sometimes I hear 3Loves spitting in the toilet and she told me the story. I'm thinking the spit doesn't really do much for weight loss, but what ever make her happy makes me happy. You have all brought so much entertainment into my life....you'll never really know.

BTW, where is ousooner & Stitchy? Haven't heard much from them lately. Hey you two, give us an update and tell us how your doing!!

Janey - I can relate!! I went on a cruise a couple of years ago and came home to find that someone had gained control of my Paypal account info that I used on Ebay. Somehow they had figured out my email address password that was linked to my Paypal account (same password, dumb me). Anyway... I got into town and checked my bank account to find 2 NSF charges (I had $600 balance). I called the bank to report the error and found out that someone had purchased an ebay item worth $1,595.00 with my paypal account, and when I only had $600.00 in the bank, it was charged to my Mastercard which was my backup in Paypal for my bank account. I finally got it all straightened out after talking to Paypal, Ebay, my bank, and getting a new Mastercard! WHAT A PAIN!! Needless to say, I no longer use Paypal....

Paladin - Good to hear from you! The chase thing stinks for me right now, Junior is marred in mediocrity.... I hope 3loves is doing well.. I find that I have restriction as well (bread is becoming a BIG NO NO), but my weight loss is S-L-O-W!! I am trying to eat less calories (I have been hovering around 1300-1500), drink even MORE Water, and wait to see what happens. I am gonna go ahead and schedule a second fill before the Holidays, probably in October. Is 3loves' band a 4cc? Good luck on YOUR band journey! I know what a battle with the insurance company can be like!

WELCOME CHERG!!

Later Guys!

Hi everyone! Just checiking in. I am down 2 pounds for the Turkey take-off. It's a start anyway.

I guess my 2nd fill has given me some restriction, as I had my first PB this weekend. :) I have to remember to chew better and pay attention when I eat. I was getting away with being lax about it before. My third fill is already scheduled for November 21st--Right before Thanksgiving!!! Guess I won't be eating much for the holiday. LOL! That's really ok with me.

Drewslou, you look great. I can't wait to get into a size 16. Can you see my jealousy from there? :biggrin1: BTW, I love your new avatar!

Myra, I am impressed with your pursuit of dental health. I am going to the dentist next week after not being there in 6 years. Naughty, I know. Especially since I am diabetic and oral health is important. You are my inspiration.:clap2:

Paladin tell 3loves that I and DH will be having our dental work in the good ole US of A. Thank goodness I was able to work out the financial end of it.

Marcy I hear ya about the diabetes and oral health. I have been diabetic for the past 16 years. Plus I smoked until almost three years ago. Bad I know. But if I was good all the time I wouldn't have needed the band and new teeth.

DrewsLou I agree the photo is a KNOCKOUT!!!!!!!!

LindaV snow skiing? I didn't think snow accumulated more than an inch at a time!! At least here in Dallas we ICE SKI (usually in our cars).

jcbydesign I am so sorry that this happened to you. I hope you are able to straighten it out. I shred everything that I can that has my name, address or any other personal info on. But there are so many ways for people to get your personal info nowadays. I remember when we used to have our SSN imprinted on our personal checks and never thought twice about it. I cringe whenever I think of all the checks that I have sent to the landfill with that info on them. This was before we started using a shredder. I always wonder what would happen if they were to come to the top of the landfill pile and start blowing away.

cherg I hear ya about the junk food. Right now I am living mostly on lukewarm coffee, M & Ms and Pasta. Anything soft that I don't have to chew. I also have to have food and drink at room temperature. I can't have anything cold or hot right now. So I kinda have a reprieve on the junk food until I get my dental work done in a couple of weeks. Then it will be chew chew chew on good for me food. Which I am REALLY looking forward to. Who knew you could get sick of junk food?

First, congrats to so many, it is an inspiration to hear the good news of success.

Quick info: Had my first fill in VG band, 1.55cc Sept 6. 12 days after the fill I get nauseous, couldn't eat solids, so went on liquids, 2 days now. It is better but still some nausea. No pb's or sliming. I thought I was ill but it isn't going away so now I suspect the band.

Question: If it is the band, why the constant nausea? It that a symptom of a too tight fill? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've been feeling SO GOOD, it is hard to go back a few steps and because I had complications with the band early on, I immediately go to another slip or erosion! I'm normally not such a sissy!

2.5lbs!

Hip Hip.... no wait...no more Hips Hips Hooray!

Little at a time but I don't mind.

Drews looks fabulous! Great Going There Girl!! :clap2:

Can't wait to be a 16 again, can't remember when I last was.

As for dental work... ugh, been putting off going. :nervous

Keep up the good work bandster buddies, helps to keep my head in the right place.

Still lost in Indiana, possibly two more weeks. Want to be home more than two days a week, enough is enough.

Hope all are well and good on this fine day!

:bandit

Hello Everyone! Welcome Cherg!

Turkey Takeoff Checkin..........After my fill last week, I've lost 3 lbs.:clap2: One thing about a fill.......you lose quickly for a while. I've definitely have restriction and believe it or not, I actually feel good about it. I've been reading on some of the other threads about how people slime and vomit all the time, but I think I've vomited 2 times since surgery and it wasn't because of my band but because I was sick. As long as I take my time, chew well and eat good food, then I do ok.

Linda -- Skis!!!! Wow....I used to have skis, years ago.....180 Rossignals. We skied all the time, but then I got too fat and my knees hurt too bad. But as my son pointed out, I should be able to join him on his skiing trips this winter. My knees don't hurt anymore and I think I could actually find myself a pair of bibs that actually look good.

Paladin -- tell 3loves hello and I hope she is doing well.

Janey -- that sucks! I hope you get everything worked out.

MarcyD -- Good job! 2 lbs gone is 2 lbs gone forever.

Lapbandit -- When do you get to come home? Why do you travel so much? It has to be hard .....

Well, my DH is getting ready to take my picture. I will get it posted soon. Keep up the good work!

MarcyD & LapBandit1 & Marcy ~ Great job on the weight loss girls!! Love the no more Hips Hips Hooray. Where would we be without this thread? You all are such a great support.

health1st ~ Sorry I can't offer any advice on this one. 3Loves hasn't had any nausea. The only thing that comes to mind off hand is the TOM. Hope someone can step up and offer some words of wisdom. You may also want to post a new thread to draw from others with the VG band. Good luck and hang in there.

Myra ~ Glad your staying home for the dental work. Just think of all the crunchies in your future. A new pleasure for your palate. :hungry:

Kim ~ Oh my, what a mess!! Never thought about the PayPal connection. I have lived off of E-Bay & PayPal for over 6 yrs now. I think I'll change my passwords tonight just to be on the safe side. I've had A LOT of PayPal scams come across my e-mail so I know the hackers are out there. Glad you got your money back. BTW, 3Loves has the 4 cc band.