Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Op And Feeling Low Help!

Any HELP would be really appreciated. I was sleeved on friday morning June 29th' date=' since then Ive had a hell of a time keeping down anything let alone the desire to even drink Water. Everything taste GROSS! My emotions are all over the place, i feel a little depressed and I have extream anxiety. Is this normal?

Also can YOU PLEASE give me some tips on getting in calories on the week one after post op diet. Im feeling a lot of regret right now! I could cry.[/quote']

I feel the same but I would be better if I could enjoy a my liquids or gas was. Or there

Sooo glad to hear i'm not alone in this. I was sleeved Thursday morning June 28th and today is the worst I have ever had. Nothing is staying down, I feel empty, cannot tolerate one more sip of plain Water or fruity flavored anything. Guess I am in the "why the hell did I do this" stage. I cannot even eat Jello (something I loved before surgery). I feel like I am getting dehydrated but as of today, I cannot keep even water down. Hoping for a better tomorrow. :(

Sooo glad to hear i'm not alone in this. I was sleeved Thursday morning June 28th and today is the worst I have ever had. Nothing is staying down' date=' I feel empty, cannot tolerate one more sip of plain Water or fruity flavored anything. Guess I am in the "why the hell did I do this" stage. I cannot even eat Jello (something I loved before surgery). I feel like I am getting dehydrated but as of today, I cannot keep even Water down. Hoping for a better tomorrow. :( [/quote']

I was liked that up until today. I had surgery the 28th too and really dehydrated. I bought a Powerade and sipped on it all day and now I feel soo much better!! You should try it I used the lemon or yellow flavor. :) i move on to puréed foods this Thursday !

Thank you for the suggestion. Went straight to the Powerade this morning...hope it works.

I am not sleeved yet, just wanting to know how are you faring today?

A little better today. Powerade seems to be helping with the dehydration and I am making a concious effort to walk around the house in short spurts. I did a little cheat just to make myself feel better...took a small nibble from a Bryers Carb Smart fudge bar...it really hit the spot because I really wanted something creamy like ice cream! Tasted so good! Even after the rough couple of days, I would still do it again...12 pounds since surgery!

A little better today. Powerade seems to be helping with the dehydration and I am making a concious effort to walk around the house in short spurts. I did a little cheat just to make myself feel better...took a small nibble from a Bryers Carb Smart fudge bar...it really hit the spot because I really wanted something creamy like ice cream! Tasted so good! Even after the rough couple of days' date=' I would still do it again...12 pounds since surgery![/quote']

I ate the sugar free fudge pops from the store and got a sugar free snow cone a few times a week. It seemed to hit the spot!

Sorry you feel so bad I'm on day 2 postop while I have a lot of pain I haven't been sick yet, though the barium almost made me blow chunks...

Anyhow hope you feel better.lets rock this sleeve.

Sooo glad to hear i'm not alone in this. I was sleeved Thursday morning June 28th and today is the worst I have ever had. Nothing is staying down' date=' I feel empty, cannot tolerate one more sip of plain Water or fruity flavored anything. Guess I am in the "why the hell did I do this" stage. I cannot even eat Jello (something I loved before surgery). I feel like I am getting dehydrated but as of today, I cannot keep even Water down. Hoping for a better tomorrow. :( [/quote']

What do u mean by "can't keep anything down"? Are you throwing up after drinking?

Yup, I pretty much threw everything up yesterday. Today I'm much better, nothing coming back up at all.

Yup, I pretty much threw everything up yesterday. Today I'm much better, nothing coming back up at all.

Yup' date=' I pretty much threw everything up yesterday. Today I'm much better, nothing coming back up at all.[/quote']

I'm glad the Powerade is working. So today I had my first bowl of warm chicken broth with seasoning! Not only did it sooth me but I was able to have a bm. Sorry but that made a world of difference. I have lost 20 lb since pre op and 11 since surgery

I wonder how the original poster of this topic is doing.... I am wishing her the best

I wonder how the original poster of this topic is doing.... I am wishing her the best

She is doing much better!

Mood way's mostly back to self.

Hardly getting anything down but pushing through.

I dont regret this although I dont think anyone can really prepare fully for the change this makes in your life negative and positive. Atleast i sure didnt.

Thanks so much for asking & caring <3