Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I I've had a GREAT experience so far. Ive lost 40lbs but I haven't lost anything for 2.5 weeks. I also am having a hard time eating slowly and my portions are getting bigger. Could my stomach be stretching out? Is this possible?

Your stomach isn't stretching out but you can be grazing, eating too quickly, and/or eating wrong foods like slider foods.

Something worked. So, now we figure out how to get you back there.

What is your calorie count daily? How many carbs? Proteins? Taking your suppliments? Excercising? How much sugar are you consuming (Are you drinking calories?) How much Water are you drinking a day. All these will affect your weight loss.

I don't know about the stretching thing, some say yes, some say no. If you feel your portions are larger you may want to get back to basics with Protein Shakes and lots of Water and low, low carbs and sugar. And of course Portion Control and don't snack late (Im still working on that one) that recently helped and it jump started my system and I'm back to losing again :) P.S. don't forget to move everyday! Exercise is like healthy food and air...you gotta have it to live right!!! Best of Luck! Never Give Up!

Thank you for the feedback. I'm drinking a Protein shake for Breakfast, eating lots of fruits and walk/jog 2.5 miles at least 4 days a week. I do snack and sometimes it's chips or not great for me but it's not everyday. I don't count calories and I do need to slow down and chew more. I knew that would be a challenge from the beginning.

I have had nothing but success with the program. Despite my stall I've felt really good. For any people on the front end of the surgery- walk, walk, walk!!! It will make a HUGE difference in your recovery...

If anyone else has insights on stretching of the stomach I would appreciate any feedback...

My first suggestion is to start tracking your calories on MyFitnessPal. You might be eating more than you realize. Start there. Keep track of everything that goes in your mouth - otherwise it is easy to eat too many calories.

My first suggestion is to start tracking your calories on MyFitnessPal. You might be eating more than you realize. Start there. Keep track of everything that goes in your mouth - otherwise it is easy to eat too many calories.

I absolutely agree with this. Theres an accountability when you track. Also, if you make it available to friends you have on public, the thought of having a bunch of fitness psychos reading your diary tends to make you even MORE accountable, lol. :)

Stretched, Nah!

I don't think your stomach stretched, just healed, in the beginning its still swollen from surgery and it takes a few weeks to really heal and eating is a bit difficult, this is what my surgeon stated when I asked the same question, its very difficult to stretch this sleeve my surgeon stated it can happen but it takes a long period of time of overeating to do that. I am having the same issues now, in the beginning I was eating out of a baby dish and I couldn't finish my morning hot Cereal after 3 or 4 bites, now I can do an easy 8 bites before I need to stop. This is my 17th week post surgery and I have lost 49lbs to date, I have been losing 2lbs a week since after the first 3 to 4 weeks, no stalls yet (crossing fingers and knocking on wood) but I can't seem to lose more than that a week but I'm happy with at least I am so far consistant and losing slowly is better than no losing at all. I get a "lil green" envy going on when I hear that people lost huge amounts of weight in a short time span but I get over it, we are all different and we all will get to our goals eventually, we didn't get heavy overnite, though it did seeem like it did.

I don't count calories, I wish I did but I'm not that discipline, I try and walk 2-3 miles a day at least 5x pr week, but still only 2lbs a week. Its funny, I skipped a week from walking 'cause I was on vacation and I still only lost 2lbs that week...LOL

Here is some advice I can suggest based just on what you've said, so if it doesn't apply - disregard. :)

• A Protein shake for Breakfast isn't going to give you enough Protein. Bare min. 60gm divided into at least two intakes of no more than 30gm each (ideally).
  • Hard Proteins will keep you fuller (i.e. eating less) than liquid Proteins. If it's possible, try dropping the shake and going with a solid protein.
  • Fruits are really just calories and arbs, with a smidge of protein. You might feel more satiated if you were eating "lots of protein" instead of "lots of fruit". Some fruit is great - I eat a couple strawberries virtually every day. But it sounds (in your note) like it's the bulk of what you eat.
  • You might want to try counting caloires, catbs, fats, etc. If you aren't tracking it, it might surprise you. At least if you track, you'll be able to see your ratios, and that will help target problem areas.

Whether or not the stomach can stretch is a debate. It probably can, a little bit. There just isn't a lot of stretch in what they leave behind. Factors like scar tissue (i.e. prior adhesions) can impact stretchiness too. After major surgery it can easily take 6 - 18 months for swelling to fully subside. So probably more than having stretched anything out, you're just feeling the gradual decrease of swelling.

Also - not losing anthing for 2.5 weeks sounds PERFECTLY normal. Your body is going to go through periods like this. Maybe it will look like no loss, maybe it will look like a quarter of a pound. Make sure you don't have a knee jerk reaction and try to change everything just because of two weeks without losing weight. You can very well still be losing inches. I always tell people that 4 - maybe 5 weeks is OK. Beyond that, you can start looking for things to switch up. I had a 10 week stall just 3 weeks post-op. That too passed. It happens.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm drinking a Protein Shake for breakfast, eating lots of fruits and walk/jog 2.5 miles at least 4 days a week. I do snack and sometimes it's chips or not great for me but it's not everyday. I don't count calories and I do need to slow down and chew more. I knew that would be a challenge from the beginning.

I have had nothing but success with the program. Despite my stall I've felt really good. For any people on the front end of the surgery- walk, walk, walk!!! It will make a HUGE difference in your recovery...

If anyone else has insights on stretching of the stomach I would appreciate any feedback...