Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Does It Mean When Dr Says "you Can Eat Soft Foods"?can Anyone Give Me Ideas Please :)

Im guessing its like egg flower Soup, boiled eggs, cocktail shrimp, ceviche, Jaiva, tuna, oatmeal, i dont know any more ideas ??? Or I may be wrong with all the choices I wrote if so can you please let me know as well please ;)

My surgeon's list is: pudding, yogurt, cooked cereals, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, toast, lunch meat, eggs, baked fish, ground turkey, applesauce, bananas, canned fish.

Oh, and soft cooked vegetables.

Here is a few samples from my after surgery orders that were sent from me. Please NOTE this is only an example as every doctor is different.

LOW CARB, LOW FAT, LOW SUGAR, HIGH PROTEIN!!

Soft foods are comprised of things that are easily chewed and will mush up in your mouth easily.

• scrambled or soft cooked eggs
  • cottage cheese
  • cottage cheese with pureed fruit (containers of 4 oz that you can mix into cottage cheese
  • refried Beans
  • tuna, salmon, chicken or egg salad mixed well with low fat mayo
  • chicken leg or thigh meat
  • soft cooked veggies
  • mac n cheese
  • whole wheat grains-pasta/rice
  • meats that are cooked to really soft consistency, crock pot, pressure pot.
  • soft cooked or stewed fruits
  • oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits
  • moist meatloaf, turkey loaf
  • Soups that have easy to chew veggies and meats.< br />

Of course these are just a few examples of many. Best of luck.

My doc described as anything that can be mashed with a fork - Beans are good.

I had high Protein softs only:

yogurt

sf pudding

cottage cheese

Peanut Butter

cheeses

eggs, scrambled, boiled, poached

milk/soy milk

dry couscous (that one got me confused!)

Then this past week I was able to add:

fish

seafood

nuts

Beans

This week add:

chicken

turkey

Next week add:

beef

pork

Hope that helps.

Watch the Pasta at this early stage. Has a tendency to expand in your tummy. I myself couldn't have pasta or rice for 10 weeks.

I can say, I have chosen to completely eliminate Pasta, bread, rice, and potatoes. These being starches can trigger cravings for more starches. Not to mention they really have low or no nutritional value. I'm sure I'll add pasta back in small amounts at some point but the rest as I see it now are gone forever.

I can say' date=' I have chosen to completely eliminate Pasta, bread, rice, and potatoes. These being starches can trigger cravings for more starches. Not to mention they really have low or no nutritional value. I'm sure I'll add Pasta back in small amounts at some point but the rest as I see it now are gone forever.[/quote']

Me too!

I can say, I have chosen to completely eliminate Pasta, bread, rice, and potatoes. These being starches can trigger cravings for more starches. Not to mention they really have low or no nutritional value. I'm sure I'll add Pasta back in small amounts at some point but the rest as I see it now are gone forever.

I agree - starchy carbs are my trigger foods. Now, if I need the carbs they will come from vegies.

I can say, I have chosen to completely eliminate Pasta, bread, rice, and potatoes. These being starches can trigger cravings for more starches. Not to mention they really have low or no nutritional value. I'm sure I'll add Pasta back in small amounts at some point but the rest as I see it now are gone forever.

Ditto for me. I am Italian and if I have carbs, it's just like gluing them onto my midsection. I do not miss any of the bread , rice, or pasta like I thought I would.