Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hy did no one warn me? Jeez 2 feet of tubing no good coming out

Was it bad for you? I absolutely dreaded it and thought it was no big deal at all. The removal didn't hurt a bit, it just felt kinda weird.

Mine felt weird too when it was removed but it didn't hurt and was over very quickly.

The removal of mine did not hurt one bit either.

Drain tube? Do they send you home with a drain tube from the vertical sleeve procedure? And if so, what is it draining? And, what does it drain into? And last but certainly not least, how long does it stay in?

it drains fluids around the stomach. when they took it out, it felt weird but i think the suction was a weird feeling.

I had my surgery on June 12th. I was sent home with a drain tube. (I think it is called a JP Drain) It is basically a long plastic tube about the size of a straw. It is connected to a plastic bulb. The bulb looks to me like the bulb they squeeze when they are taking your blood pressure to make the arm band tighten. It is a clear plastic. I don't know exactly what it is draining but the Fluid is a pink/yellow color. It has a little cap that you can remove and you squeeze out the liquid each morning/evening.

Mine was scheduled to be taken out on the 28th. I didn't want to wait that long because it is embarassing to go anywhere. It was hard to conceal mine. I didn't want to leave the house. Mine was draining barely anything so I called the office and asked if I could remove it sooner. They got me in that day (22nd I believe) and removed it.

I was not warned either, 2nd day post op in strolls this Demon disguised as a dr. Informs me she is gonna remove it. Let's just say her bedside manner is lacking, I was very anxious,she not so reassuring(something like "buck up dude".She wrapped part around her hand put the other on my belly and yanked it very firmly and deliberately (like she hated me),well it came out probably eaiser than she thought it would,the guts end snapped back and hit her in the face ;Really . Buck up doc just a little blood and guts,And btw if you need a nurse to help clean that just push this button and wait about an hour ,sooner or later someone with an attitude as crappy as yours will be glad to help!

I had a drain tube for 3 days while I was still in the hospital. It didn't hurt, but looked kinda gross because what drained out looked like watery blood. There was no pain involved though & when it was removed it felt like I had "roller coaster" stomach for a second.

Lol. Funny. I kept looking at mine thinking it was only going to be an inch or so long into my stomache When the nurse unwrapped it, I saw it was sutured into my stomache. I asked the nurse if it would hurt when removed, and she told me it was tolerable. Like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away. She started pulling and I just watched and watched. NO pain, just a weird feeling. I think they drained the bulb four or five times while I was in the hospital.