Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Eat For The First Week After Surgery?

Eat? You are supposed to eat the first week... lol. Clear Liquids. Jello, tea, Water, crystal light, broth. All room temp or warmer. But I don't know what your dr said you were allowed. Cold didn't go down well.

Im 6 days out. Having alot of Water. Had like tsp skim milk last night just to satisfy a head hunger. Yogurts, cream Soups anything that ends up soupy before it hits your tongue. I find I am missing the "satisfaction" of food taste right now. I make ribs last night for my husband. They cooked all afternoon. I wanted it so bad. :P Took a TINY TINY bite....like for a mouse. Felt like I had had a buffet ! After that taste...I didn't want anything else. Come to find out, I was just hungry. Im pretty much living on SF Popsicle. I always have something in my hand to drink. Thirsty all the time. I went to kfc with my husband yesterday and got a side of masked potatoes...took about 3 "licks" of it and I was done. lol I feel Im having taste withdrawls. :(

Yep - taste withdrawls! That's a good name for it. At the grocery store today they were BBQing ribs outside....ahhh, the smell. What I would give for a taste but, that's what got me to the place I'm in now, too many tastes.

I'm 4 days out and on full liquids - Water, broth, Protein shakes, sf Jello, sf popsicles, blended/strained Soups, crystal light.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Im 6 days out. Having alot of Water. Had like tsp skim milk last night just to satisfy a head hunger. Yogurts, cream Soups anything that ends up soupy before it hits your tongue. I find I am missing the "satisfaction" of food taste right now. I make ribs last night for my husband. They cooked all afternoon. I wanted it so bad. :P Took a TINY TINY bite....like for a mouse. Felt like I had had a buffet ! After that taste...I didn't want anything else. Come to find out, I was just hungry. Im pretty much living on SF Popsicle. I always have something in my hand to drink. Thirsty all the time. I went to kfc with my husband yesterday and got a side of masked potatoes...took about 3 "licks" of it and I was done. lol I feel Im having taste withdrawls. :(

I am also six days out. We had baked potatoes last night for family...I made some with sour cream added mild to make it Soup...could only eat about 6 bites but it was good. They are having chili tonight so I guess not chili Soup but I would sure like some. I also had a small cheezit cracker... dissolved it in my mouth before swallowing...it was sooo good. I just miss the taste.

I saw on one post they had Wolf Turkey Chili and pureed it...high in Protein and good for you too. Im having trouble getting dressed in the mornings. Still in my gown at 4pm in the afternoon. Feelings of numb in my fingers and nose. Im supposed to be taking my Welburtrin but can't get past the grinding it up. So, Im sure its withdrawls from that too. Most of my clothes still won't fit because Im still bloated. What I would give to be in a swimming pool for an hour or so!

Nothing but popsicles and Water the first week. But hell thats still in my daily diets even today. Love me some SF popsicles

Clear liquid diet broth ice pops and juices

I was lactose intolerant post op and found I was more successful eating:

Anderson Split Pea Soup (other brands did not sit as well, I think because they have potatoes)

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein

Room temperature Water

Fage 0 greek yogurt, thinned with Water and sweetened with Splenda.

I did not like the sugar free popsicles and Jello I bought and couldn't have the sugar free pudding because of the lactose intolerance.

Lynda

I agree on the swimming pool need! I am counting the days until I am able to go for a really long swim!