Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I met with the nutritionist yesterday and have been thinking about the liquid and purée diets in my near future (surgery July 20)... I'm worried that I won't be able to do those diets and won't be able to stick to such tiny and restrictive portions after... I have this fear of waking up in the hospital post op and realizing most of my stomach is gone and I'm screwed for the rest of my life. Anyone else have these fears? Do you know of anyone who has regretted having the sleeve? I'm pumped about having more energy, getting off most of my meds and actually liking what I see when I look in the mirror, but I'm worried at the same time. Help?!

I think we are all concerned about those things to some degree. I have read a lot on this board and done a lot of research and I am a little less worried than I was initially. Keep asking, reading, and praying about it.

Regrets?......YES, but just one. I regret not doing it sooner!!! My life is 500 gazillion times better because of my sleeve!!!!!

Every part of pre-op and post-op nutrition is difficult....but totally worth it!! Just remember that the difficulty is only temporary but benefits of surgery are not!!!!

Good Luck!!

Michele, your worries are genuine and most of us had those same worries. For me, even after the surgery, when I was home recovering I would wake up from a nap in sheer panic wondering what the hell I did I do to myself. The feeling fades, however, when you see the scale moving down and your clothes fitter looser and you realize you have given yourself the best gift ever - a new lease on life! You will learn how to live your life with your sleeve. It will be different from before, but you will navigate your way through your journey. Believe in the process - it works! Be true to your regimen and follow your post-op stages to a T would be my best advice. Best of luck to you in the weeks ahead!

I should have done it sooner also. YOu will start to feel really good after time goes by. I guarantee it.

Go check out the thread, "what are you looking forward to?", and add your reply. This has helped me. I love reading what everyone has said. It will confirm that you've made the right decision.

YOU CAN DO IT!!