Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BY AUG 2ND HE WILL RESCHEDULE ME. OMG. HOT TO GET THIS WIEGHT OFF. NOW I HAVE A FREAKING COLD. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

10 lbs.

You can do this.

You have a WHOLE MONTH.

Start NOW. Today. Make a PLAN.

• Find something that motivates you. Pictures, new workout clothes, a workout buddy, etc.

• Browse online for some low-fat, low-carb, low-cal recepies and get to cooking. Make planning your meals a fun activity. Stick to lean Proteins and leafy greens.

• Incorporate Protein shakes into your life- postop they are your lifeline. Find one that works for you and start subsituting one meal a day with them.

• Keep a food journal and join My Fitness Pal and make online friends as well as real life friends that know about your goal. Support from others can = accountability from you.

• Never forget WHY you are loosing 10lbs. To save your life, enhance the quality of your life, etc.

You CAN do this.

You CAN do it. Why don't you try a liquid diet or perhap a low cal diet and slightly increase your exercise. Do NOT give up!!!!!

You can do this! Go high Protein, low carb, and drink a lot of water..... Keep it simple and you will succeed. :)

Dear, the first thing you need to do is BREATHE!

You've got 5 weeks. You can do this!

- Buy yourself some Protein drinks (either Ready-to-drink (RTD) or powder you mix yourself). You can find some at GNC, Walmart, costco, etc. Then start your day with a shake. It fills you up, has no sugars (read your labels before you buy! And buy ones with sweetners and/or stevia, not sugar). Protein Drinks help keep you feeling full and less hungry, give you Protein to keep your muscles intact and help you lose fat.

- Cut back or cut out (if you can) all deep fried foods, fast foods, bread, candy, chocolate, sugar, juices, and pop (even diet pop).

- Join a website that helps you log your daily food intake (such as MyFitnessPal, Livestrong, Sparkpeople, etc.) and LOG EVERY BITE that goes into your mouth. Weigh your food (when you can) so you know how much your eating (estimating is notoriously inaccurate). You will be surprised at how much you eat in a day, and how many of those are "empty calories".

This will help you get the "carb demon" off your back, jumpstart your weight loss and get you started developing the good habits you will need to be successful with your VSG.

- And start drinking LOTS AND LOTS of Water. You can add Crystal Light or Mio to the Water to make it more appealing. But drink at least 64 oz (8 cups) of water a day.

Other important steps to help you success with the pre-op loss (and post-op new way of life) include:

- purging your house of all "bad" Snacks (chips, chocolate, sugary cereals, pastries, ice cream, nachos, etc.)

- buy yourself a larger water bottle and remember that you have to drink "X" bottles a day to be on track for Fluid intake. Drink all day long, you will be doing that after your surgery. Get in the habit now.

- DO NOT have "food funerals" to say goodbye to the foods you love. You don't have to say goodbye! You will be able to eat anything you want after your surgery once you've recovered and are well on your way towards your goal weight. So no need to have any "last suppers"! You'll just be eating those "old favourites" in small quantities (that will FILL YOU UP!).

- Exercise! You don't have to join a gym or run marathons (though later on you just might like that idea!). For now, just try walking. If you find that boring, find a friend to walk with, get a pedometer (I use a FitBit) to motivate and challenge yourself. You can even walk at the Mall if it's too hot where you live (just leave your wallet/purse in the car, or those walks turn into shopping, and not exercise!)

YOU CAN DO THIS! 5 weeks is a reasonable time to lose 10 lbs. I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks on a liquid diet before my surgery (my doctor demanded it to make sure my liver shrunk, for a safe surgery). It was TOUGH, I won't kid you, especially the first 7 days when I was craving carbs like crazy. But by the time my surgery came along, my liver was perfect (my doctor told me after the surgery was complete) and it was 11 lbs less that I had to lose post-op!

YOU CAN DO THIS! Make a plan, be committed, be serious. And tell anyone who lives with you what you are doing. Ask for their support and help to keep the "bad stuff" away from you so you are not tempted, and to encourage the important positives you needs, such as moving your body, and drinking fluids.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

You really can do this. Webchickadee provided some excellent suggestions. Even you start with a few, add the rest of these changes as quickly as you can. You'll feel better and lose some pounds faster than you think. When you join MyFitnessPal, let us know. Many of us are on it and will be glad to friend you and cheer you on. You...can...do...this!

G.

Most definitely-YES-you can do this! Even with a few healthier changes in your food intake & increase in drinking Water will give you weight loss results. Surgeons are serious when it comes to meeting the requirements for surgery. Mine told me that he had to cancel another patient's date because they had gained 10 lbs. That was one of my motivation points. Keep thinking positive...and keep your eyes on the prize.

I don't know what kind of diet you're on, but try the induction phase of the Atkins diet. Just dropping your initial glycogen reserves usually takes off 6+ pounds.

Low carb diets are awesome for quick scale drops. They're just hard lifestyles to maintain long term.

You can absolutely do this! I am 5 days away from my surgery. I started a clear, sugar free liquid diet, plus 2 Protein Shakes a day on monday. I have already lost 11 pounds! You'll do great! As for the cold, i hope you feel better soon!

wow thank you guys soooooooooo much. i have been replacing 2 meals aday and eaating sugar free Jello and drinking lots of cyrstal light and 64 oz of Water. i cant do to much of the sugar free stuff it makes my tummy hurt (the sugar alchols ). i did cheat my two off days. i will try again tomorrow. my biggesest challange is my shakes. i driknk primer thats what my doc said to drink. its only 160 cal i stay ungry

by the time i get to a real meal i eat like a savage. i will give it a go tomorrow and i will start walking after work on the treadmill at least 20 min. you guys are right i can do this ish

webchick please follow me you gave me a lot of good pointers.

everyone did thank you guys so much

newgrandmother.... I coach people here in Tampa Bay and when you do the right things you can stay full and lose it safely. SugarFree is not the way to go. sugar free just puts other crap in the food to make it taste good.

- After reading the above there are lots of tips and tricks that you will use post surgery so might as well start them now.

• MYFITNESSPAL.com - absolutely the most important tool for staying accountable to yourself.
  • choosetochange.org is my website and blog. Follow the blog I have lots of recipes that will work to help you eat cleaner.
  • When I put people on a detox it is a way to clean their system and remove the cravings that we all have. Figure out your vice and start there first. COLD TURKEY... Get through the first week and you will be golden.
  • DETOX - Eliminate Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Sugar, Alcohol and all Vinegar and Oil based products. (Exceptions are Cold Pressed Olive oil, Coconut Oil and Sunflower Oil) Find a Pea Protein (It is natural as long as it is certified Organic; message me for suggestions) Change your milk to unsweetened almond milk (perfect for gluten free oatmeal, baking and protein shakes)
  • All of the categories above are natural allergens and your digestive system stores the excess until you clean yourself out. The average American holds 20-40lbs in their digestive track of undigested bi-products. Get yourself a colon cleans product for week 2. Make sure you are drinking 4-6 20oz bottles of Water a day.... Vitamin Water Zero is the only flavored water that doesn't contain artificial sweetners. It is detox approved.
  • This DETOX takes some getting used to, but you will lose 10 lbs in your first week if you don't cheat on yourself.

I would be happy to help you out and coach you through the month and beyond if you want. I have a Facebook, skype and blog dedicated to helping non-ops and ops lose weight and eat cleaner!

Egg beaters and green leafy veggies. Lots and lots of Water.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just stopping in to see how you are doing today! I know this whole process can be frustrating! I've actually been through it before. It's so much different this time! Praying for you!!!

dont know how but i lost 4lbs since this post. the liquid diet lasted 1 day so i switched to lo carb. its working. i also dedicated myself to 20 min on the treadmill after work. last night was the first night i willdo it again tonight. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

thanks brook. that is helpful