Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Are All The June Sleevers Doing Since Surgery?:

I am having my weight loss surgery this Friday, June 29th. I am ready to ge the show on the road. Having it done at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas, Texas by Dr. Dirk Rodriguez. Lots of bariatric surgeries performed there by various bariatric surgeons. It seems that everyone getting the sleeve done response to this forum, but then we do not hear from them after their procedure. I want to know what to expect before and after. So once you have your surgery, lets all continue to share our experiences. Thanks - Addison

I had my surgery June 12th so I'm 2 weeks post-op tomorrow. All has been well. I had some post-op pain around my incisions and some head hunger one night this past weekend but other than that I have been getting a little better every day!

If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

3 weeks out today. Every day is better than the last. Somes ups and downs. I'm still on liquid, I want to swim, I am just now able to get on my side, but flipping back to my back hurts. I am walking even more and I can sit on a couch and lift weights with my arms but I can't stand and lift because it strains my tummy too much.

I am drinking plenty of fluids, I still can't get in 80 grams of Protein and that's okay too. I take my Vitamins 4 x's a day and I remember the first day trying to chew this big thing that was so chalky. It felt like it would take me an hour to get that pill down.

For a while I hated my Protein shakes that I used to love, I'm tolerating them now, but I'm not loving them.

Sipping is more important than you realize. Taking in a lot of air when you drink can be painful.

The most important thing to remember is to stay positive and every day is better than the day before. Hopefully you have used your pre-op time wisely to get your mind set for what is ahead and you FULLY realize that the sleeve is only a tool and it's still up to you.

Know that not everyone loses a ton of weight really quick. Everyone's body is different. People that didn't lose a lot pre-op may lose more Water weight.

Know that right after surgery, when you come home you may weigh MORE than the day you had surgery. Don't freak, it happens. You are swollen, you have IV Fluid to get rid of, your stomach is swollen inside and out from the surgery. It will eventually go away. Try to avoid - I'm a failure posts here. If you try to stay positive it will make some of the negative things less hurtful.

Realize stalls happen and it's how you deal with them that is important. About a week after surgery or two you may have one or two days that you are emotional, that is very normal.

Each day does get better.

My stomach is 2 inches bigger today than it was on May 25th. The sides are smaller but larger portion of my tummy is still swollen 3 weeks out. I have lost about 30 pounds give or take 5 since then but I have lost a WHOLE lot of inches all over the place.

Your stomach will take time to heal.

Sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk, gas-x and smile cause it gets better are the most important words you need to know going into this and coming out.

Hi Addison. Love your name!

I had surgery on June 5th at Forest Park by Dr. Nick Nicholson. The folks at FP were all so wonderful. I couldn't have asked for better care. Check out my blog. I've documented my journey pretty much from the time I decided to have the VSG surgery. I also am now uploading all kinds of useful information pages on there too.

Also, we are starting a DFW support group to meet up in real life. If you'd live in the area and want to be part of it, send me a pm with your email, phone number and some info about you that you want to share with the group. I will be sending out a chart to everyone in the group with all the group members information.

Finally, there is a secret Facebook group for June Sleevers. I can email you a link to it if you're interested.

Good luck to you in your journey! You will LOVE your sleeve. It's definitely become my favorite body part!

Today is 2Weeks post op. First week I was tired, but had no pain, and could sleep on my sides with no problem. I never had to take any post op pain meds, nor did I have any nausea, vomiting, etc. my only issue was directly after surgery, when my blood pressure got sky high, but they gotbit under control quickly. I was up and walking two hours after surgery, with no problems! now, at 2wk post op, I am sick of broth, & protien shakes. I have tried a little cottage chrese but o get quite a bit of gas, so im eating that very sparingly, only if I cant get a full feeling in my yummy. As of this morning, I am down over 22 pounds total, and thats with "aunt flo" visiting. I have a hard time getting in fluids, and am about 500 cals daily. I hope all of my other sleevets are doing well!

I am having my weight loss surgery this Friday' date=' June 29th. I am ready to ge the show on the road. Having it done at Forest Park Medical Center in Dallas, Texas by Dr. Dirk Rodriguez. Lots of bariatric surgeries performed there by various bariatric surgeons. It seems that everyone getting the sleeve done response to this forum, but then we do not hear from them after their procedure. I want to know what to expect before and after. So once you have your surgery, lets all continue to share our experiences. Thanks - Addison[/quote']

Mine was at forest park as well, but with Dr. Davidson, he was super nice, but the actual facility was wonderful! Everyone was so nice and understanding, even the techs that assist the nurses were awesome! I stayed two nights (cash pay pays for 2 nights so why not!) the nurses knew what they were talking about and quite a few have had some sort of WLS themselves! I'm doing great, and currently down 38 lbs including my 2week preop! Good luck on Friday, that will be my "2 week" follow up (2 days late)!!

I had my surgery at the Oxford Hospital in Oxford, Ms, by Dr. King on June 18th, I am doing much better now, the first couple of days were tough, the pain was just like I thought it would be because I have had two c-sections I kinda knew what to expect. I was really swollen when I got home and I weighed more than before surgery, but that was only for a few days. The sleeping on my back in the bed is the worst, I want to sleep on my side so bad. My Dr gave me a band to wear around my stomach and that thing is a lifesaver! I am down 30 lbs since June 1st when the pre-op liquid diet started, I am very happy with my results so far, I am so excited about being normal and not being the fat lady anymore!!!

gaye, I did a little more sleeping on my side last night and now my big incision (the one above my belly button to the right is more sore).

I hate sleeping on my back but I am getting used to it and my back is hurting less.

Tomorrow is my Dr.'s appointment and I have a few stitches that need to be removed.

I wish I could exercise more, but it is what it is. I am hoping I hit 199 before my birthday in August and I'm sure I'll be hitting that stall sooner than later, so here's hoping.

Today is my first day back to work. I still seem to be having quite a bit of pain issues in my left side so I worry a bit. Wish me luck!

Two items for me: one, I started full liquids today, so the first thing I had this morning was a Protein shake, or rather two ounces of a Protein Shake. I think perhaps I may have made it too thick, or I may have issues with downing a full portion. I'll have to see and talk to my wife about her experience. The other thing is that I think I may have popped a stitch this morning while picking a zucchini from our garden! Real sharp pain that has moved to a dull ache every now and then. Not serious I think (I have my one week follow up today so I will ask) but it's a reminder that I am not fully healed yet!

My best advice so far is to be careful on bending over!

Eric

I was sleeved on Monday the 24th, by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. Absolutely great experience. I would recommend it to anyone. The operation is smooth, personal, friendly, and easy. I had virtually no pain at any time. I'm currently on my flight home, and feeling just great.

I was sleeved June 11th. As of today down 30 lbs. 56 lbs down total since starting my journey (see signature).

My doc was also Dr. Aceves, He did my band surgery too last year.

I had some issues 2 day post op with severe reflux in the hospital but it was due to the area where my band used to be, it was super swollen after removal. At about day 4 post op it finally subsided and I haven't had any reflux issues since.

I am never truly hungry. My head hungers LOVES to rear it's ugly head though... some days are better than others, but for the most part it still drives me batty. Like today I would KILL for a cheeseburger. LOL Like - Cut. A. B*tch. For a cheeseburger. haha But truly I am not HUNGRY.

And due to that I am having a hard time getting enough calories in. I am averaging about 200/day currently. My Protein intake isn't where it needs to be but doc said not to worry about it too much right now.

And to whomever said they had issues with the Calcium chewable pills - ME TOO!!! They make me gag and want to vomit!! So now I break that big thing into 6 pieces and just swallow them. Way easier. I've also learned the hard way to NOT take the plethora of Vitamins that we have to take on an empty stomach. Cause if I do I will end up dry heaving and having nausea. This morning I had about a tablespoon of applesauce before taking them and didn't have any issues. B)

Got out of surgery yesterday and have walking walking walking! Doing good only a little discomfort from the gas under my shoulder blade. Got some ice chips today, that was a weird sensation in my tummy lol All in all doing great!

Hi Amy!! I hope to talk to you Monday about getting everything together for DFW support group!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

I was sleeved June 11th. As of today down 30 lbs. 56 lbs down total since starting my journey (see signature).

My doc was also Dr. Aceves' date=' He did my band surgery too last year.

I had some issues 2 day post op with severe reflux in the hospital but it was due to the area where my band used to be, it was super swollen after removal. At about day 4 post op it finally subsided and I haven't had any reflux issues since.

I am never truly hungry. My head hungers LOVES to rear it's ugly head though... some days are better than others, but for the most part it still drives me batty. Like today I would KILL for a cheeseburger. LOL Like - Cut. A. B*tch. For a cheeseburger. haha But truly I am not HUNGRY.

And due to that I am having a hard time getting enough calories in. I am averaging about 200/day currently. My Protein intake isn't where it needs to be but doc said not to worry about it too much right now.

And to whomever said they had issues with the Calcium chewable pills - ME TOO!!! They make me gag and want to vomit!! So now I break that big thing into 6 pieces and just swallow them. Way easier. I've also learned the hard way to NOT take the plethora of Vitamins that we have to take on an empty stomach. Cause if I do I will end up dry heaving and having nausea. This morning I had about a tablespoon of applesauce before taking them and didn't have any issues. B)[/quote']

I had my surgery on june 8 in long island. Great idea on the vitamins! I am able to stomach anything I eat except for my Multivitamin...

Blondee~ I've had similar thoughts and have jokingly voiced them to my hubby. He laughed out loud when I quoted you to him! Thanks for a bit of laughter, although I am only a few days out and had to hold my tummy!! :lol:

Jane