Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

Well I was sleeved one week ago, 6/18.

When I first started this journey I was 262 but averaged 255 for the past year.

The day of my surgery I was 246 and today I am 233.

The first three days were not good! I was miserable, in pain, and had buyers remorse! Then Thursday, I totally jumped out of bed and felt energized. On Friday I was feeling awesome. Saturday was hard because my mom and sister came to visit me from out of town and she cooked for the whole family and I really wanted an enchilda! to the point of almost crying... But she also made me Soup and it was wonderful.

My mom left on Sunday :( but physically I was feeling awesome. I went to several store but I was not in the mood to shop (in my case that is very rare).

Today I made an executive decision to go back to work. I truly cannot be home!

I have been surviving on pudding, yogurt, and strained Soups. Oh and I went to a Mexican Restaurant and ordered Menudo but asked them to leave out the meat and hominy... after the weird look from the cook, I explained that I was fresh out of surgery and I cannot eat that. OMG! it was soooo good! I had about 3 oz of it and I did not get sick, despite how spicy it was. I know I need to stay away from spicy food but dang it, it was worth it!

Anyway, my clothes are fitting looser and my face is looking skinny!

I continue to take my bariatric Vitamin (mulit, Calcium, Iron, and B12 sublingual). I try to drink all the Water I possibly can but I am sure that I don't drink enough. I don't think I am dehydrated though because I pee a lot.

Oh NSV: I am not longer on metformin, glipizide, blood pressure and high cholesterol meds!!!!! I check my blood pressure once a day and my glucose levels and they have been withing normal range! AMAZING!! My first goal was achieved right after surgery!

If anyone has any questions, please let me know, I am sure I have forgot to mention a lot of stuff.

Have an awesome day everyone!!

Sorry for the long post, I couldn't stop typing.

Congrats to you...keep up the good work.

So happy for you!

Congratulations!!! That is really great news!

Thanks everyone!!

How much fun that you are already experiencing the joys of your new sleeve! Keep up the wieght loss and remember - you can stain your own Soups. When you get to mushy stage you can use an emersion blender to mix everything up. Congrats!

I am not longer on metformin' date=' glipizide, blood pressure and high cholesterol meds!!!!! I check my blood pressure once a day and my glucose levels and they have been withing normal range! AMAZING!! My first goal was achieved right after surgery![/quote']

I can't wait until I can get off my meds!

Hi iegal, I will have to look into an emersion blender. I have one more week before I have to start blending foods. To be honest, I am not that tired of the Soups and pudding. I don't really have hunger so eating meals as not as important as it use to be.

Ready4, I hope you get off your meds soon!! its nice not have have to rely on your meds.

You are doing so well!

I also take metformin, glyburide, blood pressure and high cholesterol meds and cannot wait until I no longer have to take them. I had to get refills tonight on my diabetes meds but I only bought one that I am out of totally. I have some back stock of the rest and they will all last till my surgery is done on 8/02. Maybe I will never have to fill the prescriptions again.

Good luck to you on your journey. Don't over do it this week :)

You are doing so well!

I also take metformin' date=' glyburide, blood pressure and high cholesterol meds and cannot wait until I no longer have to take them. I had to get refills tonight on my diabetes meds but I only bought one that I am out of totally. I have some back stock of the rest and they will all last till my surgery is done on 8/02. Maybe I will never have to fill the prescriptions again.

Good luck to you on your journey. Don't over do it this week :)[/quote']

Thanks! Specially thanks for reminding me not to over do it... I am known for that. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

I'm so happy for u. I hope my journey is just as positive. I start that tomorrow at 12:10. In excited and nervous too. Best of luck to u at ur new life.

Thanks for sharing!

Yw:-)

I'm so happy for u. I hope my journey is just as positive. I start that tomorrow at 12:10. In excited and nervous too. Best of luck to u at ur new life.

Best of luck to you!! Just remember that each day get better!!

keep us informed on your progress! You gave me an idea. I'm going to call my mother and tell her to start freezing her famous chicken soup!