Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Can't Make Up My Mind! Sleeve Or Band :-/

I have searched and researched and just can't figure it out!

I like that the band is adjustable' date=' It's the least invasive and I'll lose my weight at a slower pace BUT it scares me that I could have complications bad enoug to have to get it completely taken out and wasting 11K!!

I like that the sleeve makes your stomach much smaller and that most of the Hormone that makes you hungry is gone. I like that If their will be complications that it'll happen closer to the beginning but their is no taking it out or wasting the money.

Anyone had both? Please If anyone can shed some light on this for me i'd appreciate it!

Johnathan[/quote']

My surgeon has stopped doing the band cos of all the complications.every one has to have it removed at some point.

I like that the band is adjustable' date=' It's the least invasive and I'll lose my weight at a slower pace BUT it scares me that I could have complications bad enoug to have to get it completely taken out and wasting 11K!!

I like that the sleeve makes your stomach much smaller and that most of the Hormone that makes you hungry is gone. I like that If their will be complications that it'll happen closer to the beginning but their is no taking it out or wasting the money.

Anyone had both? Please If anyone can shed some light on this for me i'd appreciate it!

Johnathan[/quote']

My surgeon has stopped doing the band cos of all the complications.every one has to have it removed at some point.

I'm not surprised after everything I read. I've definitely changed my mind and am doing the sleeve. I had two dr's in mind previously and both are in Louisiana. Hope to get a consult within the next week.

Johnathan

My surgeon told me that the lap band is not the best option anymore. He also said that he takes more lap bands out then he puts in. He is all for the sleeve and gave so many reasons for it.

Johnathan[/quote']

My best friend originally had a lap band. After about 4 years it eroded a whole in the lining of her stomach & she had to have it removed. She had horrible infections & ill all the time. It took over a year for her to completely recover from it. During that time she gained all her weight back. She got a sleeve almost a year ago & she said if she knew back then what she knows now, she would have skipped the lap band & went straight for the sleeve.

My best friend originally had a lap band. After about 4 years it eroded a whole in the lining of her stomach & she had to have it removed. She had horrible infections & ill all the time. It took over a year for her to completely recover from it. During that time she gained all her weight back. She got a sleeve almost a year ago & she said if she knew back then what she knows now' date=' she would have skipped the lap band & went straight for the sleeve.[/quote']

I've talked to a friend of my moms who wishes she had the sleeve now after having the ban for 3 years.

I made up my mind lol. I am having the sleeve on JULY 25th!! So excited!

I've talked to a friend of my moms who wishes she had the sleeve now after having the ban for 3 years.

I made up my mind lol. I am having the sleeve on JULY 25th!! So excited!

So glad for you! I'm only 5 days post-op but I don't regret it one bit. My dad was worried to death cos of my auntie's problems last year with her sleeve but he's chilled out now that I'm doing fine. Day of surgery was horrible cos of n/v. I told him I didn't take this lightly. I had been thinking about WLS for over a year before I decided to actually do something about it. Keep us updated on how you're doing!

So glad for you! I'm only 5 days post-op but I don't regret it one bit. My dad was worried to death cos of my auntie's problems last year with her sleeve but he's chilled out now that I'm doing fine. Day of surgery was horrible cos of n/v. I told him I didn't take this lightly. I had been thinking about WLS for over a year before I decided to actually do something about it. Keep us updated on how you're doing!

How are you feeling??? I wish I was having mind tomorrow lol

I'm just so ready haha

I had the Sleeve 6 days ago and I am so HAPPY that I did!! I had no complications and I am able to drink and eat "mushy" food fine. My uncle had the band and he gets sick ALL the time. THey either fill it too much or not enough. I have lost 8 lbs in 7 days. I started at 296 and now down to 276. I lost some before surgery. Good luck!!

How are you feeling??? I wish I was having mind tomorrow lol

I'm just so ready haha

I'm actually doing well. I'm looking forward to Thursday when I can start having Soups & yogurt lol. Cos I'm getting tired of Isopure after 3 weeks ;)

I was watching spongebob last night and ended up dreaming about crab cakes & fried pickles & fried oyster poboys from fish city grill last night lol

I think you will be happier with the sleeve. If you have every know anyone that has had a band you will hear them talking about getting "stuck" a lot, which is usually from not chewing enough or eating too fast... well that usually leads to them throwing up. If you enjoy that type of thing then the band is for you. If you enjoy eating and keeping the food down then go for the sleeve.

I'm actually doing well. I'm looking forward to Thursday when I can start having Soups & yogurt lol. Cos I'm getting tired of Isopure after 3 weeks ;)

I was watching spongebob last night and ended up dreaming about crab cakes & fried pickles & fried oyster poboys from fish city grill last night lol

Lmao! That is a hilarious dream!

I was originally going to get the band,because of the down time.(very minimal),but the surgeon that I was seeing at the time,btw all he did was lap bands,decided to close up shop and move to phoenix,he transferred me to my present surgeon.which was the best thing that ever happened to me.he discussed all the surgeries and told me all the ins and outs and I chose the sleeve, very happy i did