Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Else Dealing With Lupis, Or Any Other Autoimmune Disease? Please Help!

I have an unidentified ct disorder too' date=' and I am looking into surgery. I am pretty worried about the fact that some docs wont ever let you back on nsaids since that's what I live on! I am in my 6 month diet now & hoping I can be sleeved in Dec.[/quote']

Maybe they can find something else that can help you besides nsaids (they are so bad on your stomach). I try to steer clear of them unless I absolutey have to take it.

We can't have NSAIDS after surgery? YIKES!!! I am allergic to most drugs and alleve is the only thing that works.

I have myasthenia gravis, hashimotos, fibro, osteomalacia and arthritis. I had some positive tests but 'm undiagnosed for lupus and rheumatoid. I had an exacerbation due to the mg just months prior to sleeve surgery so my neurologist was very gungho about me getting the surgery. She's the one that recommended it. I had respiratory distress brought on while walking a 1/4 mile on a semi hot day. MG causes chronic weakness, my chestwall muscles had become very weak and set it off,,I spent 2 weeks in ICU then a week of plasmapheresis treatments. Since sleeve surgery it's becoming easier to breathe, I'm no longer using a bipap. I'm really thankful. I can walk at a 4% incline for a mile..which is really good for me. I'm still on meds, will probably always have to take them but they are actually working now..before it seemed nothing would help other than the plasmap. Steroids caused me to have diabetes and cushings syndrome,,I also gained 70 pounds on them so I can totally relate..the mention of steroids scares me to death. I also have tried IVIG treatments but I'm in the 1% for the worse side effect which caused me to have aseptic meningits.LOL Holy cow,,I sound like a mess. I really appreciate the OP because I never have anyone to talk to about what I go through and nice to talk to people who understands.

I'm sero positive rheumatoid arthritis and scheduled for surgery on July 30th. I do have to stop my Enbrel injections for 10 days prior but can stay on my other meds (methotrexate, sulfasalazine). My rheum doc said she thought this surgery would be benificial.

I'm sero positive rheumatoid arthritis and scheduled for surgery on July 30th. I do have to stop my Enbrel injections for 10 days prior but can stay on my other meds (methotrexate' date=' sulfasalazine). My rheum doc said she thought this surgery would be benificial.[/quote']

Same here, he thinks it will help with joint pains..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using VST

Good news! Glad to hear that everyone's docs are thumbs up. I see my rheumy later this month so I'm gonna discuss it and my meds with him.

I am praying for the same thing. I had to stop my plaquinil, which I was SO afraid of, but, knock on wood, I am OK! I had my surgery on the 10th and finally got home today.The first two days in the hospital were the worst, but feel so much better today! And I am only taking half of the pain meds I usually take!! Things are looking up! Now just trying to concentrate on getting my fluids in, I am on a liquid diet for two weeks! The worst part now is the drain, which I have for two weeks! Anyway I'm still alive, I made it! Can't wait to start losing! I haven't weighted myself because I know I gained in the hosp, because they had to give me extra fluids.... oh well, I think I'll wait until Tuesday if I can, that will be one week! Good luck everyone! I'm rooting for all of us!

I am praying for the same thing. I had to stop my plaquinil' date=' which I was SO afraid of, but, knock on wood, I am OK! I had my surgery on the 10th and finally got home today.The first two days in the hospital were the worst, but feel so much better today! And I am only taking half of the pain meds I usually take!! Things are looking up! Now just trying to concentrate on getting my fluids in, I am on a liquid diet for two weeks! The worst part now is the drain, which I have for two weeks! Anyway I'm still alive, I made it! Can't wait to start losing! I haven't weighted myself because I know I gained in the hosp, because they had to give me extra fluids.... oh well, I think I'll wait until Tuesday if I can, that will be one week! Good luck everyone! I'm rooting for all of us![/quote']

Congrats! I'm glad you did so well. Please keep us posted on your progress.

SO HOW ARE YOU GUYS DOING SO FAR?

Not sleeve related, but my sister has Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Hashimoto's -- it seems odd that so many people would have more than one in common. Makes me think some more study and clinical research needs to go into these diseases!

It's common for autoimmune diseases to overlap. When you have 1 you will usually end up with more.