Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone! I Am Going To Get My Sleeve This Year...

Hello everyone how are you? I am new around here and I seem to like hanging out here a lot... I am Mexican and I will get my sleeve done here this year... I am a little nervous but super exited. How have your experiences been?

I am 2 months & 5 days out and I feel FABULOUS. I don't know your particular situation, but for me, I was sick & tired of being sick & tired. Deciding to have this surgery & add this tool to my life was the best choice I've made. I am loving life now...

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I am so glad you are doing awesome! I feel the SAME. I am sick & tired and it is like what I am going through right now is not me. Like if getting the sleeve is meant to be. My family is not supportive because they think it is even more dangerous and silly and that I should continue to go on with my life feeling the way I feel and not do anything about it.

The good thing is that my girlfriends have been very supportive during this process. They will be there for me every step on the way. I know there is so much more out there I can enjoy if I just start to be proactive about this. I wish I will feel like you once I get mine.

Sorry to hear your family is not supporting you in this decision, but so glad to hear you have girlfriends to be there for you. This site is also a great place to come for support and information. Keep in mind this is a journey--YOUR journey, and each persons is different, and that a bad day is simply that, ONE bad day and you can overcome it. Work this tool, follow the instructions of your surgeon and your NUT, and as soon as you are able, find an activity you enjoy that will help you to burn calories. Not only is it great for that, but its a great way to clear your head and start taking care of you.

I had support for the most part of all of my family and friends, except a few! But, it is your life and you are the one who has to live it. It is to make you a healthier person and in the long run, hopefully to live longer. Overall, I have had a wonderful experience so far. I just had surgery on 06/11/12. I spent 3 nights and 4 days in the hospital. One of the main reasons, was because I had a lot of nausea and vomiting. I also had an experience of vomiting up blood clots a few times, in which it scared the living heck out of me, because I had not been warned about that being a possibility. But, it will be the best decision that you could make. I am alread 15 pounds down in 9 days. GOOD LUCK!!

My mother seems to be supportive. I talked to her over the phone once and she said that if I feel like that's what I need to do then go for it but that she had known at least one person besides Carnie Wilson who had had weigh loss surgery and gained all the weight back so to do everything the doctor said and I said yes, that's what I'm going to do. My problem isn't eating bad food so much - except going out to eat - my problem is mostly eating too much food - good and bad. I used to do Weight Watcher's and would fix a dinner that said it was for 4 and then my skinny boyfriend would eat one serving and I would end up eating 3 servings - like of stir fried vegetables, brown rice and chicken. I'm hoping this is going to help this problem.

My friends are a mixed bag, mostly supportive. One friend has been urging me to do it since his wife did it and lost about 170 lbs. Another friend is worried and says I should have Medifast or something else first, but I've done WW like 5 times and sometimes I would lose and gain it back and sometimes not lose at all. And I did Nutrisystem and lost about 40 lbs and then gained it back and then some. She is just worried that I might die or that I'll be restricted too much in what I am able to eat. Bless her for worrying about me but I'm not afraid to die. But I was not looking forward to knee replacement surgery or living like a disabled person like I'm doing now. I can't go to festivals or shopping with this friend like I used to and I miss' that. It's been about 3 years since I've been able to enjoy going shopping. I go but my knees hurt and forget about enjoying shopping for clothes because nothing fits right. I am 5'0" and weigh 238 and if it takes surgery to help me get below 150 lbs so that clothes fit right and I can walk around without hurting then that's what I'm going to do.

Sorry to hear your family is not supporting you in this decision, but so glad to hear you have girlfriends to be there for you. This site is also a great place to come for support and information. Keep in mind this is a journey--YOUR journey, and each persons is different, and that a bad day is simply that, ONE bad day and you can overcome it. Work this tool, follow the instructions of your surgeon and your NUT, and as soon as you are able, find an activity you enjoy that will help you to burn calories. Not only is it great for that, but its a great way to clear your head and start taking care of you.

Yes I agree health should come from the inside out! Yes I am thinking of entering Martial Arts once I get me surgery done. I think I will feel more confident and more able to preform those exercises. I am glad I found this site. It is so supportive.

I had support for the most part of all of my family and friends, except a few! But, it is your life and you are the one who has to live it. It is to make you a healthier person and in the long run, hopefully to live longer. Overall, I have had a wonderful experience so far. I just had surgery on 06/11/12. I spent 3 nights and 4 days in the hospital. One of the main reasons, was because I had a lot of nausea and vomiting. I also had an experience of vomiting up blood clots a few times, in which it scared the living heck out of me, because I had not been warned about that being a possibility. But, it will be the best decision that you could make. I am alread 15 pounds down in 9 days. GOOD LUCK!!

You JUST had your surgery! It has been so little time and you´re already feeling FINE! I can´t wait to get mine! :D I didn´t know that was a possibility thanks for telling me that can happen. I am so thankful for the motivation. They have recently approved me and I am so delighted. Good luck with the rest of your journey.xoxo

My mother seems to be supportive. I talked to her over the phone once and she said that if I feel like that's what I need to do then go for it but that she had known at least one person besides Carnie Wilson who had had weigh loss surgery and gained all the weight back so to do everything the doctor said and I said yes, that's what I'm going to do. My problem isn't eating bad food so much - except going out to eat - my problem is mostly eating too much food - good and bad. I used to do Weight Watcher's and would fix a dinner that said it was for 4 and then my skinny boyfriend would eat one serving and I would end up eating 3 servings - like of stir fried vegetables, brown rice and chicken. I'm hoping this is going to help this problem. My friends are a mixed bag, mostly supportive. One friend has been urging me to do it since his wife did it and lost about 170 lbs. Another friend is worried and says I should have Medifast or something else first, but I've done WW like 5 times and sometimes I would lose and gain it back and sometimes not lose at all. And I did Nutrisystem and lost about 40 lbs and then gained it back and then some. She is just worried that I might die or that I'll be restricted too much in what I am able to eat. Bless her for worrying about me but I'm not afraid to die. But I was not looking forward to knee replacement surgery or living like a disabled person like I'm doing now. I can't go to festivals or shopping with this friend like I used to and I miss' that. It's been about 3 years since I've been able to enjoy going shopping. I go but my knees hurt and forget about enjoying shopping for clothes because nothing fits right. I am 5'0" and weigh 238 and if it takes surgery to help me get below 150 lbs so that clothes fit right and I can walk around without hurting then that's what I'm going to do.

I understand what you mean when you say I am not afraid to die. I think it is a relatively safe surgery compared to most of the other more invasive ones. It is the safest one of the most effective ones. I now what you mean about the shopping also, I can´t wait to be able to enjoy all of life´s gifts from a more healthy perspective. You will feel amazing soon I am sure. When are your getting yours?

Well, today I went to my first NUT and also confirmed that I would only need 3 instead of the 6 that they first said so that would put me around the end of September or October. I've done my psych evalutation, and in the process of being cleared by my PCP and the cardiologist. After that I'm supposed to meet with a nutritionist right before surgery and have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy and then I'm ready.