Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fatigue & Weakness ....

I was sleeved June 4th. I take a shower and I sit on the toilet seat to dry off and blow dry my hair. I relax in between each thing. I did great yesterday' date=' went to my parents and today, I cannot drive yet even. Today I showered and I was so tired, but I knew I had to go to the store. I went to the store and I was nervous because my stomach would grumble and I was worried I would have to go potty, I was worried about people running into me with the cart, and I can barely hold my head up right now. I am tired. I have good days and bad days, and I have had a nap every day except one.

I know there are many posts by people doing great, and it's wonderful that other's are doing good and it makes me honestly happy for them, I just make sure I remember no two are alike and we all went through major surgery and some of had more adhesions, hernia's, complications, some of us have diabetes, and other chronic issues that will make healing a little more difficult, sometimes our age has something to do with it.

Give yourself at least a month and 1/2 to recuperate. I have a sister in law that's in her early 30's, very healthy, very fit, and she had hernia surgery, that's it - hernia surgery and it took her over 2 months to not feel completely exhausted all the time and for the pain to go away and even six months later still would deal with some numbness and weird issues on her belly. She actually jealous I'm doing so good, and she doesn't even know that I got the sleeve, she only knows about the hernia surgery and adhesions!!

No two are alike, but I can tell you what you feel is completely normal. Vitamin B I have forgotten in two days in a row...duh....thanks for the reminder[/quote']

Thanks Mina ! Your awesome !

I was sleeved on the 5th of June. I have been feeling very fatigued; I don't think I am getting enough Protein because it's grossing me out at the moment. I am also afraid to ingest too many calories. I sip on V8 fusion juice light all day and it's starting to make me paranoid that I'm drinking too many calories. I'm just going to force myself to drink the shakes tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel a little more energized. Also, I can literally drink an entire cup of liquid within minutes. Does that mean that my sleeve is not restricting my intake? I'm a little worried about that.

I was sleeved June 28 and while the first two weeks were great, the next two have been exhausting. I am back at work but very tired. I have had 3 surgeries prior to the sleeve and I have to say I think it gets harder to recover from the general anesthetic each time. I think age impacts as well.

But I know it will pass and the weight is falling off so all good!

Sent from my iPad using VST

As many have said, it is normal and it does pass.

I was exhausted for about 3 weeks post operatively. Went back to work after 2 weeks and did half days for the 3rd week, mainly because I was so tired. Even for a few weeks afterwards I would get bouts of extreme fatigue every week or so.

As said above, try keep yourself hydrated the best you can.

At 10 months out now I have more energy than I remember having in years, I work out hard, nanny naps are a thing of the past (almost). It will get better, you just have to let yourself get recover initially.

my surgeon said really don't worry about the calories at this stage, as long as u get liquid in your safe!

I was in the same situation. I was sleved on April 13 and I was feeling so down, barely can take a shower

Is normal, but in few weeks you will be fine.

I was sleeved on the 11th and I am also so tired. I am due to go back to work on monday and I cannot put it off -- I am the boss and it's been a

Miracle to get them to leave me sorta alone for the two weeks. I will be taking off at 2 every day next week and then I am only working 2 days the week of the fourth, and I still don't know how I am going to make it. Please tell me that by a month out I will be semi-normal or I don't know what I am going to do.

Me toooooo, just tired feel like sleeping all day. But today I ate a Vitamin and bout some B-12 and felt much better. I can't drink as much as i would like......

Me toooooo' date=' just tired feel like sleeping all day. But today I ate a Vitamin and bout some B-12 and felt much better. I can't drink as much as i would like......[/quote']

Hi Knupe ,

When were you sleeved ? I was sleeved the 11th & actually just about 2days ago started feeling good enough to shower & go out ! Trust me that is BIG for me . It gets better I promise !

I was sleeved on the 28th of May and still i struggle but its getting better. I have began to take Vitamins and B12.< /p>

I was sleeved on the 28th of May and still i struggle but its getting better. I have began to take Vitamins and B12.< /div>

Today I was barely able to lift my arms to fold laundry. My husband brought me a piece of canned peach with some juice. It was amazing how much better I felt today. I actually went to the store. Slow but I wasn't able to do that before. I think the lack of any carbs depletes any blood sugar we have. Hope that helps!

Totally normal. I felt so tired and weak all the time. At four weeks post op I got a B12 shot from surgeons offc and within the week, I started to feel better! Just rest. Your bodies are healing and it will pass!!

Thank you, I have begun to wonder. Headaches starting now.

Thank you' date=' I have begun to wonder. Headaches starting now.[/quote']

I get a headache quite frequently lately too. They aren't horrible but still. I asked my surgeon and he said its likely related to the hormones adjusting inside from the weight loss. And having surgery was the "easy way out" my Azz!!!