Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LDS Bandsters

ok, i am almost there...getting banded friday at WLSC in OP. my wife will probably do the online seminar this week.

ok, i am almost there...getting banded friday at WLSC in OP. my wife will probably do the online seminar this week.

it is good to hear that things are finally moving along for you

my husband and I were banded 3 weeks apart and it has worked out great it would have been better for him if he would have been first as planned but things happen as they did and he had to wait so mine was first.

best of luck to the 2 of you

glad it worked for you...how are you 2 doing with it together?

we are doing good

there are days that are harder than others Tim does not have much restriction and lots of head hunger (will not admit that is what it is) and wants to eat and eat problems we have run into in the past with other diets. he goes in on the 20th for his next fill I am calling thursday to see if I can get him in next week for one instead.

most days I do good and do Portion Control and eat right but i have days where I want something and end up even though it was good for me having close to 2000 cals instead of the doc recommended 900 cals but those days are like once a month I lost 12 lbs in Oct and required no 2nd fill in oct so we will see if I need the 2nd one come the 20th of this month.

are you ready for your surgery

good luck and our prayers are with you on this journey

Just wanted to say hello! I'm also LDS and we live in Kansas right now. I'm waiting for insurance approval, just went for my initial appointments last week. I have to travel to Denver for the surgery. We live in the middle of nowhere. I am from Cache Valley Utah, but we're currently doing a tour of the country as my dh progresses along his career path as a meteorologist. Nice to meet you all!

Good Luck on getting approved Shinny. I used to live in Hays, Kansas and understand what you mean by being out in the middle of no where.

Miztrniceguy glad to see that you are doing well. When will your wife be having surgery? It will be good that you both will be doing it together. My wife and I were done back in Sept. and doing well. I used to live close to the KC area. I went to college in Warrensburg, Mo and have a couple of friends in K.C. The company that I work for is doing the renavations at Royals Stadium and we are looking at doing some other work in town.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Hays seems like the big city compared to where we are.

I'm curious, are you right in St. Louis or on the outskirts? We lived in Kirkwood for 4 years and love the St. Louis area. I have family in St. Charles and down on the Hill.

Miztrniceguy glad to see that you are doing well. When will your wife be having surgery? It will be good that you both will be doing it together. My wife and I were done back in Sept. and doing well. I used to live close to the KC area. I went to college in Warrensburg, Mo and have a couple of friends in K.C. The company that I work for is doing the renavations at Royals Stadium and we are looking at doing some other work in town.

Chris

actually, on the way home from my being banded, my wife informed me she will not be getting banded. said the biggest issue was not drinking Water with meals, which i find difficult. said she will go back on Atkins instead. this bummed me out. i dont have the willpower to stay on atkins myself for long times, this is why i sought banding. to help me. i have a very large appetite. easier to follow restrictions if you can only eat a little bit.

today i am going for my first fill. anxious to see how it will feel.

tomorrow i am going to Arrowhead stadium for an awards banquet for my work. the KC wolf is a guest speaker.