Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LDS Bandsters

Regarding emotional eating/disturbed eating:

I have been wondering if any of you who have been banded for a while have experienced any healing from those issues that got you fat to begin with. I know that I will have to rely heavily on the Lord and His strength to get through this. Right now I'm feeling scared of letting go of the food. (I'm not yet banded.) Food has just been a part of my life for a long time and I like it. I don't like being fat, though, so hence the journey begins.

Hi, I am LDS and I live in St. George, Utah.

I was banded 12-17-07 in Mexico by Dr. Martinez. I have lost 40 lbs from the start of my pre-op diet till today!!!! I never thought I would be able to lose weight and am loving it. I am going for my first fill in February and hope to fill more restriction as I don't have much now, but still watch very carefully what I eat.

It's always been my dream to go to Navuoo. My three children went about 6 years ago and I am jealous!!! We are planning on going for our anniversary in a couple of years.

I have a question though. Where is our new stoma? I mean in position to where the port is? Is it about the incision or below? Every time I eat, my stomach swells and protrudes right above my port. Is this where the new stoma is?

Just wanted to let you know that I've been approved and I'll be having surgery either February 4th or February 5th. I'm pretty excited.

congrats...the start of a new journey

Hi, I am LDS and I live in St. George, Utah.

I was banded 12-17-07 in Mexico by Dr. Martinez. I have lost 40 lbs from the start of my pre-op diet till today!!!! I never thought I would be able to lose weight and am loving it. I am going for my first fill in February and hope to fill more restriction as I don't have much now, but still watch very carefully what I eat.

It's always been my dream to go to Navuoo. My three children went about 6 years ago and I am jealous!!! We are planning on going for our anniversary in a couple of years.

I have a question though. Where is our new stoma? I mean in position to where the port is? Is it about the incision or below? Every time I eat, my stomach swells and protrudes right above my port. Is this where the new stoma is?

good job on the loss...i'm down 41 myself.

you will really enjoy nauvoo...my wife and i were married there.

the new pouch is at the top of you stomach, creating a funnel to slow down entry of food .

When you eat does your pouch swell so that you can see it? Mine swells, or something swells when I eat, and then after a couple of hours it goes down.

I've been banded since 10-11-07 and am surprised that I never found this link before. I've browsed the Utah site, but never noticed this one before. Glad to finally have found you. I live in south Georgia and it's a totally different world out here. I'm originally from Oregon and my husband's from Utah. Now we're right in the middle of the baptist bible belt and it's extremely challenging. Many of the churches around here are very anti-LDS and the first thing someone asks you when you first meet is "What church do you go to?" It was a rough adjustment when we first moved here, but thankfully have finally adjusted (it took almost 10 years).

Anyway, I love my band! Its been one of the best things I've ever done. I only wish that I could have done it a few years earlier.

just across interstate from us is a huge baptist church...and i mean huge. i have been told that they regularly preach against "those mormons".they must feel threatend because they are so close to Liberty Jail.

I mean that in a good way! I'm an LDS Loser too! I was banded in December and have had a great experience! I have had virtually no pain since the surgery and love the changes that I'm seeing.

Good luck to rest the rest of my fellow LDS Losers!!

Hey guys, I got a fill today. I'm hoping it kicks in this time. My last one never did. I am suspecting a leak somewhere. Geez I hope not!

How was the weekend?

I'm also LDS but not banded. Inactive here. Live in Snowflake AZ and have a view of the Temple here out my back window.;..

post-204733-13813136318652_thumb.jpg

actually, on the way home from my being banded, my wife informed me she will not be getting banded. said the biggest issue was not drinking Water with meals, which i find difficult. said she will go back on Atkins instead. this bummed me out. i dont have the willpower to stay on atkins myself for long times, this is why i sought banding. to help me. i have a very large appetite. easier to follow restrictions if you can only eat a little bit.

today i am going for my first fill. anxious to see how it will feel.

tomorrow i am going to Arrowhead stadium for an awards banquet for my work. the KC wolf is a guest speaker.

I just wonder if your wife might reconsider. I was a HUGE drinker at meals. I'd go out to eat and drink 4 sodas and still eat every bite of my meal. I thought that would be so tough...now I don't EVEN think about it...or miss it. Keep encouraging her to consider the band. It has changed my life and 65 lbs down after 7 months I feel wonderful. :wink2:

I'm also LDS but not banded. Inactive here. Live in Snowflake AZ and have a view of the Temple here out my back window.;..

That is a beautiful temple! My husband served his mission in Snowflake Az. We haven't visited there but have visited Eagar and Springerville. It is very beautiful there as well!