Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling the same way, Love! I'm terrified of surgery, first of all. And am scared sh*tless I'm going to fail at this too.

I have my classes today to learn about pre-op, post-op, etc. Hoping that helps some with my anxiety.

oh man, I've been working on this surgery since January! I had a 6 month diet requirement (that was changed to 3 month midway and I never knew), then my original surgeon QUIT his practice and I had to find a new one and start the approval process all over again. I'm so ready for this to be over.

Wow... I bet you are frustrated. I know I would be. I only had 3 months to wait for approval but was assured by my Dr that I would get the approval and I did.

Good luck...

I'm from TX too, but not quite as excited as yall. I'm terrified actually :wacko: but I know I want and need these and it's just anxiety getting to me.

Hi neighbor.... I am excited but also scared at the same time. The closer it gets the more frightened I am. I know things will work out.

When is your surgery scheduled?

Good luck

YES!!! I am very excited.... I live in North Fort Worth' date=' Tx. I am originally from the Houston area. Were do you live now?

Good luck and prayers for you ...[/quote']

I live in San Angelo originally from St. Petersburg, FL. We just moved here in July. Huge culture shock, but I love it! Prayers for you as well!

Mine was done on the 8th. got out of hospital on 10th. Feel alright, about like when I am sick, not unbearable. My poo is really dark and runny like ground up oreos mixed in Water. I think this is strange since i have not had any dark liquids/ foods. Has any experienced this?

Love and Alicia, I understand your anxiety as I've been there! And, when I get to pre op the morning of ill be there again. I guess because I've already been through this once with the band, I somewhat know what to expect. The unknown is what causes the anxiety (for me anyway) and I try to block that out. I've had more than 10 surgeries and the hardest part of the band was the pre op diet, surgery was cake. I was shopping two days later. The sleeve is a little more invasive however I hear the surgery is comparable to the band. Try to read into the positive experiences rather than any negative. Your making healthy changes in your life and not many people are strong enough to get as far as you have already. Doing something is better than doing nothing at all. Your doing the right thing! God bless you! When are your surgery dates?

Mine was done on the 8th. got out of hospital on 10th. Feel alright' date=' about like when I am sick, not unbearable. My poo is really dark and runny like ground up oreos mixed in Water. I think this is strange since i have not had any dark liquids/ foods. Has any experienced this?[/quote']

Yes, I experienced that with my band. Not sure why I never asked, but its a good question to ask the Dr.

I start my pre op diet a week from today and surgery is in 2wk, oct 25. Ahhh!!

This is my second day at home after surgery on Monday. The gas pains yesterday were terrible, but I took two 45 min or so walks outside as well as some inside and I feel much, much better today. The bloated feeling is down. I have started drinking in 3 oz plastic mouthwash cups which helps me remember to slow down with sips. Harder than I thought. Pain wise much improved. Took one dose of liquid lortab and a gas x strip today. I am not very tired yet. Glad I have two weeks off. Today I swallowed my meds slowly. I do have to take prevacid, another capsule and two b/p pills. My surgeon said ok, but I am still worried. Prevacid meltaways are 600 a month. So, no thank you. :)

I am attracted to some foods post op that I have no business thinking about. Starting to see what head hunger post op is all about.

At this point, I am looking at Fluid intake, some exercise and a lot of rest.

Happy to be on the other side.

I am 5 lbs down since Monday

i can agree with the head hunger, last night dropped by mc ds for a snack size mcflurry, ate it all and had to upchuck like 5 min after done.

Also not sure what the gas is. was op on 10/8 and have a strange feeling burp here and there and feel like i fart about the same as pre op. so far no sharts either.

The doc did come to my room later that day and said it went great, one of the easist he had done. guessing he say that to everyone, but was happy to hear that as i didnt follow pre op diet at all. like i ate at popeyes for lunch 10/7 (bad i know)

Oh and have not taken any med, just Vitamin since I got out.

fun to read everyones story:) !!!

Just got my date today....10/23. It seems like forever' date=' but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it.

Anyone else scheduled for October?[/quote']

Good for u, my surgery dATE is October 17

Good luck to everyone that good sleeved, this far take it easy. I'm so proud of you all. My day is tues so I'm getting scared than I come here and read some story's and I say with God and you all I will be okay thanks for helping to give me strength love to hear more. Love Andrea

Good for u' date=' my surgery dATE is October 17[/quote']

I am also Oct 17 are you excited yet

I am scheduled for the 16th, so excited to hear of everyone's experiences. Good luck to you all and keep up the good work! Our lives are going to be so much better, healthier and exciting. Stay focused, God bless :)

16th here too can't wait!! Ready to get the surgery and recovery behind me so I can move forward!