Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Dfw And Surrounding Area Sleevers!

Hi All!! I am constantly looking for new friends on here that are going to be new sleevers in the DFW area so I thought I would see how this forum worked! Soooo... Here's the plan =) I would like to see if we can get a "support" group going on here so we can follow each other and be able to keep in touch on and off the board (unless you would only like to be contacted VSG board, just let us know!) I would like to maybe even get together as a group for lunch/dinner or whatever! I think that having a close knit "sleever family" (lol) would be so great to have =) Reply if interested and let's see what we can put together?!?

Here is a little info about me!!

My name is Toni (girl lol)

Married for 24 years (love him <3 )

Have a 21 year old daughter who gave me a beautiful 17 month old grandson Logan

I live in Oak Point Texas on 5 acres, LOVE the country although I am definitely not a country girl lol

I manage several Physical Therapy clinics in Plano, Frisco and McKinney which allows me to work from home #blessed!

5'4" and 229lbs =(

41 years young!

Due to an exclusion in my Aetna policy (grrr!) I will be having surgery in Juarez Mexico with Dr Rodriguez at the Star Medica Hospital on June 29th!!!! so excited!

Some of my goals are:

1) sky dive!

2) zip line

3) hiking in North Carolina mountains!

4) Run with my grandson =)

Look foward to meeting you all!!!

Hi! My name is Stacey I am 38 married my soulmate now for 6 years. I have a 20 to, 13, and 11 all daughters! I live in Grand prairie and work in Richardson. My date is July 31st at Plano presby with Dr Cribbins. I am currently 310 I have gained and lost thru the years my highest was 348! So about 150 to lose :( I am looking for people that want to go to the gym with me. I need the support. Talk to you soon!

Hi, I'm Cindy. 37 years old. Live in Mansfield, work in Fort Worth. Married to my best friend 4 years. I have a 19, and 18 year old daughters both in college in Florida. I also have a 14 year old son with Aspergers and ADD who is about to start high school in the fall (god help me).

I was sleeved on June 7th by Dr. Kim. So, I'm 10 days out and still on liquids. I have 11 days to do before I can progress to pureed and mushies.

I started this journey at my highest weight ever, of 314. I am down to 285 now. I'd love to eventually get down to 130.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using VST

Hi All!! I am constantly looking for new friends on here that are going to be new sleevers in the DFW area so I thought I would see how this forum worked! Soooo... Here's the plan =) I would like to see if we can get a "support" group going on here so we can follow each other and be able to keep in touch on and off the board (unless you would only like to be contacted VSG board, just let us know!) I would like to maybe even get together as a group for lunch/dinner or whatever! I think that having a close knit "sleever family" (lol) would be so great to have =) Reply if interested and let's see what we can put together?!?

Here is a little info about me!!

My name is Toni (girl lol)

Married for 24 years (love him <3 )

Have a 21 year old daughter who gave me a beautiful 17 month old grandson Logan

I live in Oak Point Texas on 5 acres, LOVE the country although I am definitely not a country girl lol

I manage several Physical Therapy clinics in Plano, Frisco and McKinney which allows me to work from home #blessed!

5'4" and 229lbs =(

41 years young!

Due to an exclusion in my Aetna policy (grrr!) I will be having surgery in Juarez Mexico with Dr Rodriguez at the Star Medica Hospital on June 29th!!!! so excited!

Some of my goals are:

1) sky dive!

2) zip line

3) hiking in North Carolina mountains!

4) Run with my grandson =)

Look foward to meeting you all!!!

Toni

welcome to sleeveland

there might be a sleeve support group in your area (there is one in my area) that way you could get exactly what you are looking for. Fellow sleevers who haven't have the WLS, or others who have had the surgery.

There is a thread on the board called "Who are You" This is the area where people descibe themselve ie, food, wt loss, etc. etc.

Love this idea thanks for getting it together . I'm not a techy and I find this place very hard to navigate. Email me at bigcitychic4@aol.com. I'll be out of commission for a few days. Due to surgery. Wooooohooooo.

31 y/o F. Fort Worth,Texas. 5'5 292lbs. Surgery date 7/24.

Tonibugg , great choice !!! Dr Rodriguez and staff are wonderful ! Hospital is very nice , They too very good care of me June 8th .., I am doing great ! Btw I am from Houston Tx and my name is Ernestina Pena

I live in Dallas and was sleeved 5/30.

Love the idea of a monthly support group.

Lets set one up for July?

Tonibugg , great choice !!! Dr Rodriguez and staff are wonderful ! Hospital is very nice , They too very good care of me June 8th .., I am doing great ! Btw I am from Houston Tx and my name is Ernestina Pena

Did they send you home with antibiotics, pain meds, etc? I just wonder lol I talked to my family doc here and she is good with taking care of anything I need when I get home but ... well.. just curious!

So is everyone on here so far good with a meeting in July?? If so we should decide on what city is best and pin down a date! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to meet everyone in person!!!!

I would love to get together with some local people. I have been to the local support group at Presby Plano (and LOVE Carmen), but would prefer to get together in a less formal setting, and I would LOVE to meet up for coffee or lunch, or even with our significant others for dinner. I have thought of throwing this idea out there, glad you did. Thank you.

My name is Amanda

Married for 11 years

Have a stepdaughter, 17

I live in McKinney

I am a stay at home wife at the moment, trying to find what exactly I want to do. Also, I travel quite a bit.

Age 47

Sleeved at Presby Plano in December 2011

Hi Amanda! I am in Oak Point, which is about 15 min from McKinney =) I lived in McKinney for the past 15 years and last year decided to go to the country!!

I'm so excited to meet everyone! I too am looking for something not so formal, I would really like to make some friends =)

I have surgery on June 29th but if anyone is interested in having a "brunch" type meal this Friday or even Monday or Tuesday let me know! I can certainly put something together. However, I think that we can set up our first "real meeting" in July, maybe the 21st (Saturday). I just need to know what city is going to be convenient for everyone and to make sure the date will work. I will put everything else together from there!

So excited to meet you all!!

I can do Friday, Monday or Tuesday. Right now my schedule is pretty open.

I found your thread by searching on "Plano" so only now do I realize you posted this in the June 2012 sleevers forum. Maybe it would be good to have a get-together for anyone in the area? Years ago, when I was considering the lapband (didn't do it), I attended a lunch and there were folks in all stages of their progress. It was nice to see so many different situations.

If we had a group of people in different stages, we could also share resources. An example might be clothes that are outgrown (undergrown? lol), or maybe we've bought too much of a product, or we don't like a product, we could bring it for someone who can use it.

I would love to get together with some local people. I have been to the local support group at Presby Plano (and LOVE Carmen)' date=' but would prefer to get together in a less formal setting, and I would LOVE to meet up for coffee or lunch, or even with our significant others for dinner. I have thought of throwing this idea out there, glad you did. Thank you.

My name is Amanda

Married for 11 years

Have a stepdaughter, 17

I live in McKinney

I am a stay at home wife at the moment, trying to find what exactly I want to do. Also, I travel quite a bit.

Age 47

Sleeved at Presby Plano in December 2011[/quote']

Hi Amanda I am hoping to go up the next support session there. That's where in having my survey too!!