Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Dfw And Surrounding Area Sleevers!

Hi Amanda I am hoping to go up the next support session there. That's where in having my survey too!!

It was a wonderful experience. Dr. Cribbins has been great. I highly recommend! The hospital was also a very good experience. The nurses were great and my husband was made very comfortable while he stayed with me the whole three nights.

Hey y'all. I'm Amy. I live in Coppell and work in Plano. I love the idea of having meet ups with other locals. I think the support is wonderful.

When I initially was going to have the band, I started a DFW support group on a lapband board. I collected information (name, location, email, cell phone #, and personal information each person wanted to share) and made a chart and emailed it to everyone in the group. It makes it easier to get to know each other and to contact everyone for get togethers.

Tonibugg, I'd be happy to do that with this group if you want me to. I don't wanna butt in on what you started unless you are okay with it. If you are, y'all can PM me any information about you. Include your email and I will send the chart to everyone.

We are going to be sleeve sisters. I am in the DFW area too. I also had an Atena exclusion so I am paying cash here in DFW. My family would not let me go to Mexico :( I would love to join a support group.

My name is Katie

Mother of two

30 years old

Start weight as of April 26- 295

Current weight: 263

Surgery: 6/29/12

Hey y'all. I'm Amy. I live in Coppell and work in Plano. I love the idea of having meet ups with other locals. I think the support is wonderful.

When I initially was going to have the band, I started a DFW support group on a lapband board. I collected information (name, location, email, cell phone #, and personal information each person wanted to share) and made a chart and emailed it to everyone in the group. It makes it easier to get to know each other and to contact everyone for get togethers.

Tonibugg, I'd be happy to do that with this group if you want me to. I don't wanna butt in on what you started unless you are okay with it. If you are, y'all can PM me any information about you. Include your email and I will send the chart to everyone.

Thank you for the offer! I would be so grateful for the help! I manage 4 physical therapy clinics and getting everything cleaned up with all of them plus preparing for the surgery has been a little overwhelming to say the least... If you would get a "directory" of everyone and lets get this ball rolling! I have surgery the 29th as does Katy =) who just responded so I think we're probably on the same boat! I came up with July 21 as a date, it's a Saturday and thought about doing lunch or "brunch" but let me know what you think ) I will pm you my email address and we can get connected from there! Thanks again!!!

BTW Amy, I love your blog! I've read it for a couple of weeks now and can't wait to meet you!

We are going to be sleeve sisters. I am in the DFW area too. I also had an Atena exclusion so I am paying cash here in DFW. My family would not let me go to Mexico :( I would love to join a support group.

My name is Katie

Mother of two

30 years old

Start weight as of April 26- 295

Current weight: 263

Surgery: 6/29/12

Hi Sleeve Sister! I'm so excited to meet you! I just posted for Amy to start getting everything together for the support/friend group so let's get this group going =) I'll pm my email address and we'll chat there!

BTW Amy' date=' I love your blog! I've read it for a couple of weeks now and can't wait to meet you![/quote']

Thanks. I've never blogged before because I really never felt I had a reason to. Once I decided to do this, I decided to document it for me and for anyone else who might be helped by it.

Hi Sleeve Sister! I'm so excited to meet you! I just posted for Amy to start getting everything together for the support/friend group so let's get this group going =) I'll pm my email address and we'll chat there!

Toni and I are going to chat tomorrow and get something a little more official going for our group. I will take the information posted in this thread as a start. If you wish to receive e-mail and or text communication, pm me your information. Also, if you want any other information included in your "about me" section of our group chart, feel free to post it here or pm me.

Hi my name is Jana & I'm having my sleeve in the morning @. 7:30 @ forest park medical center. I would love to be apart of this support group. I live in Mesquite. I'm very excited to startup new journey and a little nervous about in the morning!!

Hi my name is Jana & I'm having my sleeve in the morning @. 7:30 @ forest park medical center. I would love to be apart of this support group. I live in Mesquite. I'm very excited to startup new journey and a little nervous about in the morning!!

Good luck Jana!!! Save room on the losers bench!! I'm having my survey in Plano on July 31st!!!

Stacey

Have you all decided to make the group for June 2012 sleevers or for anyone in DFW?

Oooh! Are you scared or excited? Both?

Both!!!!! I need to go to sleep I have to be @ the hospital @ 5:30AM!!! But my mind is just racing with all kinds of thoughts.

The little icon by your name is still green - are you still up?

I think back to that day and I was so scared but I put it out of my mind for the days leading up to my surgery. When I got to the hospital it hit me and I was so scared! I had so many thoughts, good and bad, as well. But, it was the best thing I have done in a long time. I hope it is the same for you. Please check in as soon as you can.

If you get too worried before surgery, you can probably ask for some valium. I was given some when my surgery was delayed for several hours.

Check in! So excited for you!