Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All Dfw And Surrounding Area Sleevers!

Hi All!! I just wanted to update everyone =) Surgery was yesterday and I am doing great! little bit of gas and a little pain when I drink some fluids but doing great other than that. Had the stomach leak test and passed with flying colors. They removed the drain today and the IV will be removed tomorrow morning. The IV has been more of an irritation than the drain ever was!! They will pick me up in the morning at 10am to get me to the airport so I can go home!!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see my grandson =)

I will update when I get home tomorrow and hopefully we will all be able to meet soon! Thank you all for making this experience so much easier! I love the updates, the encouragement and the advice =) So happy we have this forum!!

Take care all and will talk to you soon! Here's to us ladies! Let's start thinking of a common weight loss weight goal reward!! Woo Hoo!

Hi All!! I just wanted to update everyone =) Surgery was yesterday and I am doing great! little bit of gas and a little pain when I drink some fluids but doing great other than that. Had the stomach leak test and passed with flying colors. They removed the drain today and the IV will be removed tomorrow morning. The IV has been more of an irritation than the drain ever was!! They will pick me up in the morning at 10am to get me to the airport so I can go home!!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait to see my grandson =)

I will update when I get home tomorrow and hopefully we will all be able to meet soon! Thank you all for making this experience so much easier! I love the updates' date=' the encouragement and the advice =) So happy we have this forum!!

Take care all and will talk to you soon! Here's to us ladies! Let's start thinking of a common weight loss weight goal reward!! Woo Hoo![/quote']

I am glad you started the July sleevers with a bang I am so glad you are doing well!!! Safe travels and get home soon!

Both!!!!! I need to go to sleep I have to be @ the hospital @ 5:30AM!!! But my mind is just racing with all kinds of thoughts.

I prolly saw you there that morning. I also had my surgery on 6/27 @ Forest Park and had to be there at 5:30am. Great facility. My Aetna policy has an exclusion for all bariatic surgeries but once I get past this clear liquid diet I will be fine & it was worth every penny.

You know, after reading this and other posts from the DFW area, I am beginning to feel like the only guy to have sleeve surgery! :lol:

So can a sleeved guy attend?

Eric

You know' date=' after reading this and other posts from the DFW area, I am beginning to feel like the only guy to have sleeve surgery! :lol:

Eric[/quote']

Of course, your goals are the same. Lose weight and get healthy!!!

You know' date=' after reading this and other posts from the DFW area, I am beginning to feel like the only guy to have sleeve surgery! :lol:

Eric[/quote']

Of course, your goals are the same. Lose weight and get healthy!!!

Hi All,

my name is Jacqi! Mother of 2 boys, married for 6 years. Live in Dallas and work in Plano. Surgery was on the 18th of June at Doctors Hospital done by Dr.Barker. Still having buyers remorse, so I think the support group would be great for me!

So excited to have all of you join up!! I am going to work with Amy tomorrow and get a date set, I'd like to go for July 21 if that works for everyone =) I can't wait to meet everyone! Everyone keep your spirits up and know that we are all here for you! I know we are all in different parts of our journey and can really help uplift and encourage each other along the way :D

Is this group for dfw sleevers or just June sleevers? I was sleeved may 15th. I live in Mesquite and am 41 years old with two daughters 19 and 15. I would love to be a part of this :)

Lessofme - This is for sleevers in the DFW area regardless of when they were sleeved. I would love to have a group of all different journeys so that we can have a good support system with where everyone is at! You are more than welcome to join =) We are in the beginning stages and have had a great response so I'm hoping this is going to be a successful group!! Thank you for your interest! We will be contacting everyone this week to get things in motion for a first meeting! Woo Hoo!!

By the way!! How is your journey coming so far??

Oh that is wonderful, thank you! What a great idea! :)

So far everything is good. I have had my trials and bumps here and there but mostly I have been blessed with a pretty good recovery. Im still learning so much about this journey and getting to know my changed tummy (sleeve). I feel like my weight loss is slow but I'm happy as can be for the weight I have lost :) never could have done it before. I do need to remember to keep my fluids up. I started reg foods and they really fill me up. I forget to drink!

How are things for you? :)

Things are going great for me! I have these odd hiccups that show up randomly that hurt like crazy but other than that I am great! walk walk walk, sip sip sip and so goes my day! lol

Look so forward to meeting you!!

Can't wait! :) looking forward to meeting you too!!

So far my journey has been fine. Pretty uneventful. One more week of liquids. Just have to remember to keep hydrated. You look fantastic.

I forgot to mention before that I live in Arlington. Go Rangers! lol I'm post-op day 5 and I woke up today and was like wow I feel even better today. I know the last 4 days my body totally needed all that sleep cos I feel totally different today. Only 3 more days and I can start adding in whole liquids :). Looking forward to some yummy lump less Soups even though it's a million degrees here