Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Have Cigna?

I got approved in 7 days. It was so quick I could not belive it.

I got approved in 7 days. It was so quick I could not belive it.

Wow! That's awesome!

I have Cigna also. Just completed my 6 month supervised diet. They may have changed it to 3 months, but I already went to the other 5 classes - Cigna only pays for the first 3 anyway.

I am just taking one day at a time; trying to change my eating habits beforehand.

I have Cigna and got started with my weight loss visits in May of this year. Last week the surgeon's office called to let me know that Cigna revised the weight loss visits and I only needed 1 more weight loss visit! I was SO excited. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, am 150 lbs. overweight, and a callus that keeps getting infected on one of my toes. I called Cigna and they said they have an expedited approval process that only takes 5 business days!

I have Cigna and got started with my weight loss visits in May of this year. Last week the surgeon's office called to let me know that Cigna revised the weight loss visits and I only needed 1 more weight loss visit! I was SO excited. I have diabetes' date=' high blood pressure, high cholesterol, am 150 lbs. overweight, and a callus that keeps getting infected on one of my toes. I called Cigna and they said they have an expedited approval process that only takes 5 business days![/quote']

I was approved in five days!!!

I have Cigna and got started with my weight loss visits in May of this year. Last week the surgeon's office called to let me know that Cigna revised the weight loss visits and I only needed 1 more weight loss visit! I was SO excited. I have diabetes' date=' high blood pressure, high cholesterol, am 150 lbs. overweight, and a callus that keeps getting infected on one of my toes. I called Cigna and they said they have an expedited approval process that only takes 5 business days![/quote']

That is so exciting! I am glad they are finally seeing the urgency this surgery is for so many of us! It saves lives... And makes quality of life better for so many people! I'm happy they are starting to streamline things and make it a bit easier!

Yes I called Cigna today to confirm that it is now 3 months as opposed to six, I was overjoyed! Go for second monthly weigh in Thursday, now I have to hurry and make my appointments for my psych eval. and nutrition assessment. Did you guys have to fulfill any other requirements aside from the ones listed by cigna? Also, how did you guys who are post op deal with your copays, deductibles, and out of pocket before surgery?

You will have to have a separate appointment with your PCP after your 3 months for an evaluation and recommendation for surgery. Cigna requires a 2nd evaluation and medial clearance by someone other than your surgeon.

As far as copays and deductibles go- I have had very little charge thus far for anything. I paid a $15 co pay for my nut, I will pay 20% for my psyc eval (should be around $70)... My surgery/hospital stay is covered at 100%. My hospital requires a $500 aftercare program that is not billed through insurance at all... That I will have to pay up front before surgery. Hope this helps! Good luck!

You will have to have a separate appointment with your PCP after your 3 months for an evaluation and recommendation for surgery. Cigna requires a 2nd evaluation and medial clearance by someone other than your surgeon.

As far as copays and deductibles go- I have had very little charge thus far for anything. I paid a $15 co pay for my nut, I will pay 20% for my psyc eval (should be around $70)... My surgery/hospital stay is covered at 100%. My hospital requires a $500 aftercare program that is not billed through insurance at all... That I will have to pay up front before surgery. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thank you so much for all the information! I really appreciate it Emily!

Does anyone have Cigna as their insurance carrier? How long did you have to wait before getting approved? Are they decent to deal with? I've heard horror stories about some insurance companies.

Hi,

This is off topic i know but i was born and raised in Nashua and i see your from Manchester. I had a ton of friends up there as well so i know my way around. I was curious where you are going for your surgery if you've picked a place yet? Good luck with the your insurance (i have Tufts so i cant input).

Hi,

This is off topic i know but i was born and raised in Nashua and i see your from Manchester. I had a ton of friends up there as well so i know my way around. I was curious where you are going for your surgery if you've picked a place yet? Good luck with the your insurance (i have Tufts so i cant input).

Hey Jenn, that's cool!! I'm going through Elliot Hospital and Dr.Gould at Dartmouth Hitchcock. You're only in Waltham so you aren't that far away. :)

Thanks Emily I am doing my mthly weigh ins with my pcp not my surgery. I too have to pay 500 to my surgeon the week before surgery. I hope I don't have to do any other testing. Actually I'm doing my surgical clearance appt with my pcp tmw. Then, 4 appts in July and I should be able to submit. Surgeons office said typically takes two weeks for approval.

Hey Jenn, that's cool!! I'm going through Elliot Hospital and Dr.Gould at Dartmouth Hitchcock. You're only in Waltham so you aren't that far away. :)

Nope! I am going through Lahey in Burlington. I was just in Manchester on Saturaday on my way back from Castle in the Clouds! I forgot how pretty it is up in the lakes region but hate how many bug bites i got. I havent heard anything about the program your in as the only other person i have seen from NH went down to Lahey. lol

Does anyone have Cigna as their insurance carrier? How long did you have to wait before getting approved? Are they decent to deal with? I've heard horror stories about some insurance companies.

Yes we do u have to wait 6 months u can go to there site and read about it ... I'm Getting mine done on Monday the 25 of June ..

Yes we do u have to wait 6 months u can go to there site and read about it ... I'm Getting mine done on Monday the 25 of June ..

http://www.cigna.com/assets/docs/health-care-professionals/coverage_positions/mm_0027_coveragepositioncriteria_abdominoplasty_and_panniculectomy.pdf

It's on page 2.