Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am trying to decide what to do for my pre-op diet. My choice is Unjury or Bariatric Advantage. What are your reviews on Unjury? I haven't tried it. Not looking forward to the Pre-op diet. one moment I tell myself that I can do this, and another moment, I am thinking of quitting.

Unjury gets a thumbs up from me!! I don't know how I would make my daily Protein level without their chicken broth.< /p>

You can do it! (if I could do it, you certainly can!). The first few days are the most difficult, my stomach was growling almost constantly. But after a few days it got easier. I found that the busier I stayed, the less I thought of food. It was a good way to break those thought patterns and "detox" myself from food.< /p>

I've never had unjury (just ordered a few samples, though) or Bariatric Advantage -- sorry. I had the option of doing the Boost Calorie Control Protein shakes -- 5/day (they weren't bad at all). I was also allowed to have nonstarchy veggies. Is your pre-op diet just liquids?

Best wishes!! It'll be over before you know it and you'll get to be on the other side!!

I haven't tried Bariatric Advantage stuff other than the Calcium citrate chews. I was given samples of unjury chicken Soup, strawberry sorbet, unflavored, chocolate, and vanilla & actually liked all of them. I just mixed them all with Water. I also like Chike & that is what I used for my pre-op diet mainly. You can find out more about it and order a sample pack for $6.95 at www.chikenutrition.com My surgeon's office had the Chike in stock, which is why I originally bought it.

Just make sure whatever you get that you don't get too much because your taste buds might change after surgery. My taste buds didn't change right away, but they changed about 2-3 weeks out. The Chike is too sweet for me now. I tolerate it okay, but I'm not buying it again after this. I'm actually going to be buying Intek Evolution Protein that a guy in my surgeon's support group told me about, which has an extended release Protein & has less calories, less carbs, & more protein, and costs less per serving than Chike & it's not as sweet. Their site is http://inteknutrition.com/PRODUCTS/PROTEIN%20EVOLUTION/protein.html if you want to look into that too. I was able to get a scoop in a baggie at a local Total Nutrition store to try before I bought it because at my local store they only carry the 5 lb container. Online they have a smaller one too. I emailed Intek & unfortunately they don't do samples online. They were nice & told me where their closest distributor was though & that's how I got a sample of that.

Do you just have to do shakes for the pre-op diet?

I liked Unjury ok, and Chike as someone stated above.

I like Unjury but I haven't tried any other recommended brands. I did some research on Protein Shakes and decided Unjury was best for me. There is not really an after taste and I mix mine with unsweetened almond silk milk (I think that is the name). It makes the shakes a little thicker. I am not on my preop diet yet, but I wanted to go ahead and start looking for a Protein Shake I could live with so that when I do start the pre-op diet on July 25, I will not be sabotaging myself because I cannot and will not drink something that is disgusting.

Just DO NOT spend a ton of money on Protein Powder before surgery. I spent hundreds of dollars and couldn't hardly stomach any of it afterwards. You should just get a bunch of samples and decide what you like best after surgery.

Good point ;0)

unflavored Unjury mixed in a water bottle with a dash of mio or crystal light is my fav. I've tried allllll sorts of Protein powders over the last 1.5 years+ and Unjury is by far my fav. Their vanilla isn't bad either. I still wanna try the chicken Soup one.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I tried an Isopure drink last night. Aside from it having a dry aftertaste, it was $4 for the bottle, so I am praying the Unjury is going to be the way to go for me.

I have to agree wit everyone :) Unjury chicken Soup is really good. It taste kinda like chicken ramen. There chocolate splendor is really good mixed in soymilk, the strawberry sorbet is a bit too sweet for me however. But then again I've never cared for anything very sweet

I love my unjury. I use the unflavored to mix with my coffee and into Soups and other foods. The chicken Soup flavor was a life saver post op and I still like to have it once in awhile if I am low on Protein for the day. Unjury definitely gets a thumbs up from me. They have a sample pack you can order.

Corinna

unflavored unjury mixed in a Water bottle with a dash of mio or crystal light is my fav. I've tried allllll sorts of Protein powders over the last 1.5 years+ and Unjury is by far my fav. Their vanilla isn't bad either. I still wanna try the chicken Soup one.

Can't wait to try this!!!!

My favorite is Unjury chocolate splendor with milk and PB2.< /p>

My favorite is unjury chocolate splendor with milk and PB2.

I have a jar of PB2 in my pantry I've had for months and haven't tried yet. Once I am back to normal foods I so want to try it now. What else do you use it on? Do you use it like "normal" pb??