Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone On Hormone Replacement?

Hey fellow sleevers,

I've just started thinking about the fact that I am on Estrodiol for hormone replacement (total hysterectomy at 33) and also Effexor for mild depression due to hormonal changes & to help with hot flashes. BOTH of these are known to have side effect of weight gain which is no doubt why I was able to put on over 100lbs in less than a year (that's way faster than normal).

So just wondering from personal experience if weight loss has still been good if on either of these or has it not even been an issue. Also have Hypothyroidism which didn't happen till after Hyster also.....

Thanks for any experience....

My girlfriend that has had the sleeve done on March 9th has lost 30 plus pounds. She is on estrogen and lexapro. She is 50 years old. I am having my sleeve done June 29th and I am on premarin and lexapro. I do not foresee any problems with that. You will probably get off the effexor because you will start feeling better about yourself so you will not have low self esteem or be depressed!

I have an organic hormone replacement cream that some of my group use to replace their oral meds.

https://arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=777&menuId=267&withLinks=1

If you want some specifics about it I can send you some articles and instructions via email. PM me!

The cream is the fastest way to get the active ingredients into your blood stream. 5 minutes from application to active. It also comes with instructions on rotating skin applications.

Hey fellow sleevers,

I've just started thinking about the fact that I am on Estrodiol for hormone replacement (total hysterectomy at 33) and also Effexor for mild depression due to hormonal changes & to help with hot flashes. BOTH of these are known to have side effect of weight gain which is no doubt why I was able to put on over 100lbs in less than a year (that's way faster than normal).

So just wondering from personal experience if weight loss has still been good if on either of these or has it not even been an issue. Also have Hypothyroidism which didn't happen till after Hyster also.....

Thanks for any experience....

Hi Misty,

I am also on Estrodiol for hormone replacement (total hysterectomy as well). My doctor told me I have to stop taking the medication for 2 weeks pre op and 3 weeks post op surgery due to blood clots. I'm worried about the hot flashes :(

I take estrodiol and I took it all the way up to my surgery date and directly after surgery with no problems and I have a history of blood clots in my legs! So no worries! As for losing I'm slowly losing but I'm losing, hopefully I won't have another night like tonight though, I let my head hunger get the better of me! Urgggg

I to had a complete hysterectomy in May 2011

I take estrodiol and I took it all the way up to my surgery date and directly after surgery with no problems and I have a history of blood clots in my legs! So no worries! As for losing I'm slowly losing but I'm losing, hopefully I won't have another night like tonight though, I let my head hunger get the better of me! Urgggg

I to had a complete hysterectomy in May 2011

Wow, that's great to hear about the estrodiol. I wonder why doctors are so different on things like that. If you don't mind me asking...what dosage are you on? I take 1 milligram.

I'm glad to hear that you are losing and can totally understand about the head hunger. People walk by with their lunches at work and it smells soooo good. It makes me feel like I am hungry but I am really not. Hang in there. We're here to support you! :)

Thanks so much. I'm going to talk to my doctor again about it (hmm, maybe I should wait until I am off Estrogen and hormonal and then go in there...lol)

No problem, lol that could be interesting!

I'm now 4 weeks out from my surgery and have lost 22 pounds. I am also on Estrodial 1mg. I'm not sure if it's truly working like it used to? I'm thinking that I might need to go back to the GYN and ask about a cream. I had my total hyst at 27, and between my HRT and thyroid issuse, really put on the weight. I too am having trouble with the head hunger, and still can't seem to figure out when I'm full...I seem to eat an extra bite of something and end up throwing up and sick the rest of the day. I think that I will go back to 2 shakes per day and something really small for my 3rd meal. Any suggestions would be helpful as I feel like I'm not losing weight fast enough.

My full feeling starts to feel like I wonna say almost like heart burn, but it's not, hard to explain! But also I get a runny rose when I start to get full! I really have to pay attention or I won't notice the signal!

I still drink one to two shakes a day and just eat a small dinner! I do have 2 Snacks through the day to! Usually yogurt or Popsicle or something

I tried to do just 3 "meals" a day without snacking, but I have found that I can't get enough Protein in and I'm hungry inbetween my "meals". I've started to have a shake in the morning, go workout, have a small snack (1/4 low-fat cottage cheese), then a small "meal" at lunchtime, which makes me sick. Then the afternoon snack is string cheese, and now a shake for dinner, because my stomach is still not well from my lunch meal that I had ended up loosing. I'm still getting under 500 cals per day. Does anyone know how many calories we are supposed to have daily?

Why does lunch make you sick??? I was told when we started eating normal food between 600 and 800 calories but I think it depends on your body! Some days I have a hard time getting that

I'm not sure why lunch doesn't work for me...today all I made for lunch was an egg and now I feel like crap. I had my shake for Breakfast, didn't get a snack today, but still. I don't think I should feel like this every time I try and eat something. IDK...I see my Dr on the 16th, maybe he will have some advice. Thanks for the calorie info...I think I'm less than that daily and you're right there are days I honestly wonder how they expect us to get that many in...

Maybe it's the eggs, have you tried chicken or pork! I know eggs didn't agree with me especially hard boiled, but I could do scrambled!