Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I've been post op since June 4th and haven't been able to sleep like before. I was always able to get my good 6-8 hrs of sleep daily maybe even throw in a nap. Now it's been 2-3 hours if in lucky. Today I noticed that when I went to bed It was on my back and usually I turn then fall asleep but my body isnt doing my normal sleep movements. Will this get better or is the is? I miss my old sleeping habits. This new sleeping sucks :/

It may take some time for your body to heal. I was sleeved in January and now find I sleep so much better. I get a solid 6-8 hours and don't wake up as much as I used to. I am also recalling my dreams which tells me I am hitting all my sleep cycles as well. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll feel better.

Yeah I hate that I only sleep 2-3 hrs and I wake up like I've slept more :( I start work on Monday I work evenings and this sleep apnea sucks.

I sleep only 6 hrs and I'm use to 8 to 10 lol but when u wake up does greenish yellow stuff come up it shoots out and wakes me up at times it's like throw up or sumthin but this is how I wake up everyday I'm so annoyed

Do you have any specific symptoms of uncomfortableness? Reflux, etc???

I actually slept better the first week ( I usually got between2-3 1/2 hours sleep for years and years).

The next few weeks I slept like the dead - or for me it was, at least 6-7 hours and small naps...but I was having complications and I was exhausted.

I hope it clears up. it is bad enough when you are used to it - it you ever really get used to it.

I'm right there with you!! My sleeping sucks too. My issue is that so far I haven't been able to go back to sleeping on my side yet, it still too sore inside. I'm not much of a back sleeper so that doesn't help either.

Maybe you having withdraw from not smoking to that's an ideal cus when I quit I had problems sleeping i don't kno if thats the case but it's an ideal ..

I'm a stomach sleeper. I've been fine sleeping on my sides since I came home home on Saturday I don't have any stomach pains or side pains anymore. I don't have acid reflux much. I guess I shall keep waiting. My pcp did tell me if it continues to let him know so could prescribe something. I'm guessing it's a normal reaction after WLS. He wasn't too freaked out about it. I can't wait to sleep like I used to lol

I sleep only 6 hrs and I'm use to 8 to 10 lol but when u wake up does greenish yellow stuff come up it shoots out and wakes me up at times it's like throw up or sumthin but this is how I wake up everyday I'm so annoyed

How far along are you? This happened to me in the hospital once. I was on my back trying to sleep and started coughing and the liquid came up my sister pulled the trash can n I was able to spit it out. I moved my bed upright. I think it was from the anesthesia. Haven't had it since.

Maybe you having withdraw from not smoking to that's an ideal cus when I quit I had problems sleeping i don't kno if thats the case but it's an ideal ..

I've been off smokes for what 25 days I think can't see the ticker from my phone but it was since before my surgery n I was sleeping real good. I wasn't a heavy smoker. So I doubt it's that. I know it's freaking hard to quit. Congrats to u on no smoking :)

Yea I been off for three months I haven't had surgery yet .. And I only smoke three cigs a day but I did that for five years so I thought because I didn't smoke I would have withdraws but it not about how much u smoke it's about how long your body consumes them but good luck they say it gets better

Yea I been off for three months I haven't had surgery yet .. And I only smoke three cigs a day but I did that for five years so I thought because I didn't smoke I would have withdraws but it not about how much u smoke it's about how long your body consumes them but good luck they say it gets better

Right. I think my body has reacted well to the no smoking. I haven't had a craving since surgery. Before that I did but I think it was more of a social thing. I'm good and happy.

sleep has been an issue for me too, I started taking benadryl this week an hour before bed & that has helped some.

As for waking up with green stuff, are you taking prilosec or something like it? If you are, are you taking it before bed?

I'm pretty soon out from surgery but I sleep all propped up. I have a wedge pillow that I put more pillows on. I'm finding it a lot less painful for my left side. I slept flat one night and 1/2 way thru, pulled everything back in to place and got propped up again! I'm sleeping well other than waking to carefully turn.