Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm new here and 21 days post-op. I've started to hate eating because it just makes me sick. I do not overeat, yet I find that sometimes after eating I get ill. But it's not in the way I've heard anyone else talk about. Instead of throwing up I go back and forth to the bathroom dealing with the other end. I know this is TMI but I really need to know if this is something anyone else goes through! I do suffer from anxiety disorder and I spent weeks before surgery convincing myself I'd be one of the people who are perfectly fine 3 wks out, unfortunately I'm not. I'm so anxious about everything I can't eat and when I'm sick it's awful. Anyone else have this issue?

So sorry you are feeling like this! What does your surgeon/NUT have you eating at this point? At 3 weeks the only things I ate were Protein shakes and bullion Soup. I could also have sugar free popsicles and Jello but didn't like the aftertaste. If you've advanced your diet maybe you could go backwards? If you're having intestinal issues, maybe you're lactose intolerant? Have you talked to your doctor?

Sorry, this doesn't feel like much help at all. I hope you get the help you need - and quick!

Can't say I've had a major problem with that. There have been a few BM that were pretty soupy but with all the liquids I kinda figured that it's to be expected.

What is your diet like? Are you doing much dairy?

Btw. My date was 5/23.

It all is helpful thank you!! I'm supposed to be on puréed foods but am thinking about going back to just full liquids.. My doctor is in Mexico so I haven't yet reached out to him. I feel like its bad but not that bad? I don't know.. The other big problem is that I am a waitress at a really busy place. Yesterday at work I nearly fainted and had to leave while they were crazy busy, I felt so bad!! I am gonna take the rest of this week off though I feel like I've no energy and especially not enough to be running around on my feet for 5 hours.. Today I had maybe 1/4 of a salmon patty blended and since then have had cramps and been in the bathroom all day.. Guess its back to full liquids

I am being sleeved on aug 17 and am a waitress as well how long do u think I should take off? I said a week but now I Am thinking two

I am being sleeved on aug 17 and am a waitress as well how long do u think I should take off? I said a week but now I Am thinking two

My doc told me today they recommend 4-6 weeks off. That seems really a long time. I am a nurse on a busy labor and delivery floor. I am not sure what I will take off.

Amy

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I took 2 weeks off and am now taking a third, I'm not ready. But as I said I think I'm having issues most don't so, I don't know I guess it just depends, sorry I can't help more...

Howdy folks!! I have a desk job and I took off 3 weeks it was so needed. AR 2 weeks I was still weak and getting in my fluids or Protein yet. We have to remember we have had major surgery with about 80% of our stomach taken out. Try concentrating on fluids and Protein Drinks.< /p>