Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Feel Like I Can Eat Too Much Sometimes.

I'm still losing slowly but losing. I'm 4 mo out and have lost 45 but I've been in a stall for about 3 weeks this time. Tonight I ate 1 really small peice of bread with seafood fondue on it, 3 or 4 small bites of my husbands Caesar salad. And 2 bacon wrapped shrimp (5 came on the appetizer) This was at resturant and I felt normal just ate less. Its still ALOT less than what I could eat before thats for sure! I just started exercising this sat week. I guess I'm just worried that I can eat too much!

Hey there! Are you tracking your food intake anywhere so you can see calories, fat, carbs, and Protein? May help you put it in perspective to know what it's all adding up to at the end of the day? But, your weight loss sounds great! I'm hoping to average around 10 lbs a month early on (I'm 3 weeks on)...and hoping to do as well as you have!

I was doing that at first I guess I should do it for a week and see If it just SEEMS like eating alot or of its actually OK.

Ops

I was doing that at first I guess I should do it for a week and see If it just SEEMS like eating alot or of its actually OK.

I would actually recommend you track everyday (or at least 5-6 days per week) for up to a year. It can be very surprising how off we can be when it comes to nutrition info and portion sizes!

There are days where I feel like a total pig and that I have been eating all day. I look back and realize I haven't eaten in 2-3 hours. I track my intake on sparkpeople.com at the end of the day and I got in a grand total of 700-1000 calories. In my mind I ate SO much that day. This has been problematic actually because I have realized that if I eat less than 1000 cals a day I stall until I can get that number back up. Its really hard for me to get there so I keep stalling out. I agree that you should track for a year or so. Most of us got where we are because of our distorted image of food. We need to reprogram ourselves to fix this problem.

Most of us got where we are because of our distorted image of food. We need to reprogram ourselves to fix this problem.

BINGO!!! That is the truest thing I've read on this forum in a while.

I definitely agree - start tracking!! I enter every single morsel & it really helps keep things in perspective. It's also the only way to know how much Protein you're getting. I use myfitnesspal. Most days when I feel like I've gone crazy, I find I've actually eaten less than 700 calories & remained at 60 carbs or less. It's a great tool!