Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes The Best, The Good, The Okay, And The Don't Do It List

I use a mini blender and I blend them up with ice so they are like a blended margarita . They are like a milkshake to me. I like mine thick and the blended crushed ice makes them a lot thicker. Yummy!

I had a magic bullet and it broke. This one is Hamilton Beach from Walmart, and it works great. I didn't want to shell out another $50 for a magic bullet. this one was $19.

So far all I have tried is Celebrate ENS in chocolate mixed with cold Water like the instructions say, and it's friggin' gross. It has that fake sugar taste that I hate so much. Maybe it's the Protein but I dunno. It's just gross.

Maybe I should mix it with something else to make it taste better?

So far, I have to say Celebrate is tasting the best. If you don't think Celebrate is good, try a Jay Robb, then taste the Celebrate again.

One thing that makes any chocolate Protein Powder better is Hood Carb Countdown chocolate milk. I use half of that and half Water. If you can't find that, there is a good choclate Soy Milk that's not high in carbs. It's Soy Slender. It's not in the fridge section, it's on the shelves.

I bought a shaker bottle to mix Protein Shakes but I'm thinking about taking it back. Any thoughts because I assume I will only be mixing shakes without ice. After reading some of the threads I now might want invest in a small cup size (16oz) blender. Hoping to get approval any day now.

I use a shaker w/the metal "ball" in it. Works fine for the most part. I do use my blender sometimes if I'm adding ice but it also adds volume (air). Right now, I don't need any extra air! LOL!!!

My favorite brand is nectar. I like the variety packs because I can mix it up. They mix well and have a lighter flavor to me than your standard Protein Shake mixes. They have 23 g of Protein and zero carbs. I also like this Protein Drink called ProJoe. Very good coffee flavored Protein Drinks with 20 g of protein I think. Or maybe more. I'm about 7 weeks out and still need Protein Shakes to get my protein. I have a hard time getting in my Water too.

I have never used a Blender Bottle. I really love to blend up ice and make them thick like a milkshake. I've used a mini blender every morning for the last 5 years.

I've heard that nectar is hard to mix in a blender bottle. It clumps and gets lumpy.

Are you trying to drink tap Water? I've heard the deal with water is that tap water is the wrong PH balance for our tiny tummies. I do find bottled water goes down easier, and it has to be room temp. Some brands of bottled water don't go down as well as others, so I'm thinking that the PH balance our tummies like is a sensitive balance.

Isopure is nasty but its the clear liqid for the week. also i found it cheaper at kaiser healthy living store. Unjury is ok but i wouldnt drink it with Water. the Soup is awesome.

Right after surgery when making your shakes, do you have to use Water or can you use milk? Skim milk atleast?

Btw the way I have tried the lean shakes from GNC and i like the taste, however I have the powder form and there is only 9g of Protein in them. I guess I could add some unflavored protein and a little more liquid to it.

You can try skim milk, but a lot of people have trouble with milk after surgery. We become lactose intollerant for awhile.

Soy Slender is really good. I also use low fat vanilla soy milk that I get from the dollar tree.

I mix mine with this.

thankyou!

I am still pre-op and have ordered samples from several companies as well as buying samples at some of the local vitamin/nutrition shops.

Oh Yeah,... I tried 3 different flavors, initially I thought they tasted too sweet, but the flavor grew on me before I finished the bottle. So far that is the only RTD brand I have tried.

Chike... Ordered samples, don't recall my impression of the first few but knew I did not want to order more. I had the last sample pack yesterday for lunch, Very vanilla or also called Very disgusting, I threw the entire shake away.

About Time. I have tried most of the flavors and my favorite is Mocha Mint. As a rule I LOVE anything Peanut Butter, but I can't stomach the PB About Time. Unfortunately this was not a sample, and I will force myself to use the entire tub at some point. The flavoring in most of the flavors is rather mild but has no artificial taste.

Body Fortress, I have tried all 4 flavors, and I love the chocolate Peanut Butter. That is probably my favorite of all the flavors and brands.

Still waiting on my nectar samples to come in................

I have to bottles of Isopure to try, but just don't know if I am too anxious to even try them after hearing them called Isopuke.