Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The "DeLarla's Back" Fun Thread

I lived in Germany for 5 years and that was awesome. I've traveled to many countries and have wonderful memories.....but can't touch some of the stuff you guys have accomplished.

Lisa, it is so good to have you back.

Wow... we've led some INTERESTING lives! Lemme see what I can remember...

Ran into John Wayne at the bottom of the escalator in Robinsons and spoke the memorable line: "You're John Wayne!"

Made my first sale when I was four years old... a fish eye (yellowtail, I believe). Actually, I wasn't trying to sell it, I was just going door-to-door trying to get neighbors to pay a penney to see what I had in the folded papertowel in my hands. Mrs. Mayor was so impressed she bought it for a dime.

Was "kissed" by a killer.... whale--Shamoo. (Looks just like a missle coming up thru the water! Interestingly his tongue on my check felt like a giant, GIANT cat's.)

Spent 6 mo's sleeping on the ground while camping throughout Europe & the middle East when I was 19 (too long ago).

Smuggled Bibles into the USSR (when it existed).

Built a giant sandcastle with my boyfriend at the bottom of Grand Canyon.

Painted the whole outside of my house.

Painted every interior room and surface of the inside of my house a MINIMUM of 4 times (that I can remember).

Laid 600 sq ft of Pergo flooring with my younger son when he was 13.

Waterskied naked at the Salton Sea.

Oh--I experienced the BEST PLACE in the world to make love!!

I mean it you guys, it was AMAZING! Being in the throes of passion in a big flood pipe running under a train track--and orgasming WHILE THE TRAIN WAS CROSSING. (Seriously, it was like being f***d by a train!!!)

(To this day if I get stuck waiting at some train tracks I am sopping by the time the train has passed.)

Learned how to lindyhop and danced up a storm at my bro's wedding last year.

Raised two wonderful sons; one of which just graduated from college and the other starting in 3 weeks.

And this is probably the most impressive on my list... have travelled thru 19 countries and NEVER BEEN TO VEGAS!

The strange circumstances underwhich I was knocked on my ass by Chuck Norris: I was working at the snack bar at the local Sears, and one of my co-workers was always going on and on and on about how she was best friends with Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan. I flat out did not believe this woman, and I figured she was just full of lies. I mean, really, she was working at the snack bar at a Sears for crying out loud.

Lies all lies. Like Chuck Norris is really going to come visit her at work and stay in her guest room. Yeah, right.

So, I go up to the office and get my till, and I some out, just hell bent on going to my snack bar to get there on time. I come charging out of this small hall way, and I ran *smack* into Chuck Norris and end up on my butt, bags of money go one way, the till goes the other way. He was really nice, helped me up, and helped me gather up all my things.

The next day, my co-worker brought in pictures of the party I didn't attend because I thought her pants were on fire.... Yup, Chuck Norris and Jacky Chan both spent the weekend with her.

So, when someone telss me something completly improbable, like "I'm best friends with Chuck Norris and Jackie Chan, I blieve that person.

I had to ask Danny Glover to get off my foot, but that's another story. (he's taller than I thought he would be.)

Ran into John Wayne at the bottom of the escalator in Robinsons and spoke the memorable line: "You're John Wayne!"

OHYMGAWD!!!! I am seriously jealous.

I can relate to the wonderful sensation that you have just said completely nothing. I jumped in an elevator while working for a 5 star hotel. I turn to greet the other riders (I was an employee, its sorta mandatory) and i'm staring into the face of Richard Nixon, I was able to remain calm and say,`"Good Evening Mr President" to which he replied (with a laugh) "Ex-President".

Similar circumstance with Robert Plant, delivering equipment to a guest suite (which he obviously used a fake name for) and Robert Plant opens the door, I was able to utter the clearly enlightening phrase "HOLY SH*T you're Robert Plant". He calmly replied, well...now that we got that cleared up, c'mon in.

The strange circumstances underwhich I was knocked on my ass by Chuck Norris:

I flattened Donald Trump, (remember hotel worker) I'm setting up a room for a Trump function and i'm running like mad (all work in a hotel takes place last second). I go running out the door to grab more gaffers tape and as I fly through the door I slam headlong into some kind of soft suit covered thing. It took about a millisecond to realize I had just slammed The Trump to the floor. I immediately yanked him back to his feet and started cleaning him off and apologizing as I waited to be fired. He laughed it off and said, relax, nothing wrong with showing a little hustle.

I actually have a fairly good list of running into bad situations...running past the presidential suite when we "thought" he had left the building. I never saw the guy who grabbed me until he put the dent in my forehead with his gun. I ran into a room full of foreign dignataries and wound up spending a great deal of time at multiple gunpoints until my security clearance was confirmed. Running into Joel Grey and Bernadette Peters as they "changed".

If you grab the nurses booby, you'll have something for your resume.

The nurse was in the other room and my doc was too short. Nothing to report except I got a fill!!! YEAH!!!

1. I got my first fill 2.5 cc's.

2. Gave birth to 2 beautiful perfect little boys.

3. I was saved at age 10 at Hillcrest Baptist Church.

4. I've been involved in some exciting network marketing companies and made lots of money. Spent it all. Takes a lot of work and dedication.

5. Lived in Pensacola, FL. The Emerald Coast.

6. Speaking of horses.....I rode a high-spirited appaloosa bareback around the county fair race track. She was my best friend's 4-H project. Never forgot that feeling.

7. Competed and placed several times at the Ohio State Fair with my poodle. We went as far as the Open classes where they do jumps & such. I grew up with that dog.

8. I've been to the great state of Texas. Stayed for 3 days at the Gaylord Texan. It was wonderful. A BeautiControl Convention.

9. I've sold cars & have been the high seller for the week beating out ALL the guys.

That's all I can think of for now. I know, it's boring compared to many others, but I am happy and fulfilled in my life. I love the life I have in IN with my 3 loves.....DH and 2 sons.

I haven't had nearly enough fun in my life. The coolest thing I've ever done:

I traveled from London to Amsterdam and back all by myself. This was major, since unfamiliar situations/places can sometimes freak me out.

I'm also proud that I :

earned my teaching certificate.

graduated (finally) from college.

Well lets see. We'll start rom the earliest moment.

1. Was held as a baby by Elvis so my grandmother could take a picture. It shows him kissing my cheek. He told my grandmother I was a gorgeous baby, and that I had the "purdeist angel-like hair". Met Lisa Marie years later, and was told that my grandmother had sent a copy to him in a frame that said Your Littlest Fan, and they still have that picture and frame.

2. Sat on Carlos Santana's lap for most of the evening while at my birthday party at my uncles house in Mexico. He sang my a few songs, as well as sang me happy birthday.

3. Full on kissed Keifer Sutherland on the mouth. I couldn't resist. He slipped me the tongue. WOOHOO! LOL

4. Won 2x my year's salary in vegas in one night.

5. Have lived in 6 countries in my short life.

6. Have lived in 9 states in the us.

7. Watched my father go off to war, and welcomed him back home.

8. Shook the hand of every president we have had in office since reagan.

9. Cliff diving in Hawaii

10. Swam with sea turtles in HI and FL

11. Attacked by a hammer head shark in Okinawa

12. boat attacked by a hammer head in Florida

13. Caught a fish that weighed more than me in Alaska (I weighed 102 at the time. LOL)

14. Met River Pheonix and thought he was the cutest boy on the face of the planet.

15. Married the coolest guy on the face of the planet.

16. Swam naked in the paciic ocean, atlantic ocean, and the gul of mexico.

17. Kissed a lot of girls. :) And a lot of guys woohoo!!

18. spend every saturday night partying the night away and am always the last one standing on the dance floor. nobody has my energy.

19. Have won many drinking contests hehehe

20. Sailed from the west coast to the east coast. Broke two masts.

21. Went to an ACDC concert 5 months pregnant, and my daughter now LOVES hard rock. :)

22. Gave birth to a little girl who can do anything, despite a partially paralyzed arm. I only hope to have 1/10th of her confidence.

23. Shaved my son's head into a mohawk, and have been praised ever since.

24. Have helped deliver 3 children that were not my own.

25. Have died and been brought back twice.

26. Was saved from a burning house by my cat. I still have him.

27. Can speak 5 languages.

OK so...someone meet The Duke, and someone meet Elvis, I am pretty much overwhelmed with jealousy.

OK so...someone meet The Duke, and someone meet Elvis, I am pretty much overwhelmed with jealousy.

*raises her right hand* I met the Duke at the Cody Wyoming airport in 1975. He shook my hand, covered my hand in his with his other hand, and gave me the nicest smile and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. I just stood there dumbfounded, speechless, and in awe. I still haven't washed that hand! :)