Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me I am having surgery June 25th so excited day 1 was tough it started yesterday with Protein Meal Replacement shakes and Clear Liquids day 2 is going better but still hard. I am just trying to do the best I can here. I do feel positive

Yeah we are all in this together I say we keep up with each other I am nervous but I just want to do well and be able to recover good from surgery anything they want from me I surrender LOL including my craving for a pickle and tuna sandwich LOL nice liquid Decaf tea with mint is helping me get through this and with of course the grace of g-d

I feel my tummy grinding which is strange but I am like all is good talk to me on day 3 and see each day is an emotional adventure I am soaring high today maybe it is allthe liquids in my tummy LOL and brain

I am doing well on my pre-op diet, with the 25 lb requirment I started two weeks ago with the shakes and all, I am down 17lb and still going. I like the idea of following this thread post op to see how we are all doing, and to check in post surgery.

I am also wondering if anyone has a list of what they are taking to the hospital for their surgery. I love that we are taking this journey together.

I do believe there is a list of what to take to the hospital on the main pre-op forum. My 30 lb weight loss requirement started pretty much when I joined the program a few months ago. I've lost more than that, my calories were gradually reduced. I'll find out if there is something different I need to do for the next 2 weeks when I see the Dr on Wednesday. I filled out my advanced directive today, even though there is only a 1% chance of death, I'd much rather be safe than sorry. One of my "witnesses" said he would sign for me on one condition; that I walk everyday! Goodnight, it just turned midnight here is Northern California:)

My surgery is scheduled for June 25th. I just started my two week pre op diet which consists of combination of meal replacement shakes, Soups, and Protein Bars totaling 800 calories per day. I hope to loose 20 lbs. before surgery. My doctor tells me that this is possible.

Just checking in... How are all the June 25th sleevers doing? Many of us just started the Preop diet, some on a good stride with it.

So far, so good. But wow, it is mind game w me for sure! I've had to avoid the break room today. I work in a medical office and someone brought in catered lunch!!!! Ouch! That was hard!

When my husband asked how I was doing today, I told him that so far I hadn't eaten any children, small pets or "the ice cream man". But I bet I'll tear up a SF Popsicle or some SF Jello tonight ;).

Getting in required foods and liquids, no splurges. But OMG I feel like I have to go urinate every hour!!! LOL! I'm like a little kid doing the peepee dance in the hall. I'll just take all those extra steps and add them into my days activity ;)

Hope you're all well and having a good day.

~Jane

Day 3 - Better but still hard I called to tell them that yesterday I almost fell asleep driving home from work I was very fatigue and of course I am diabetic so my sugars were very low. They said I could have a hard candy in case of that or glucose tabs. I also can have tuna fish and other Protein foods even a healthy choice entree so that is much better they don't want me to have that problem again.

Checking in...

I had my last pre-op appointment with the nurse ans surgeon today. I'm down over 40 pounds since the beginning of the year! Making the decision to take this on was/is easier than doing the work. You can want this to death put unless you put everything you got into it, it won't work. I'm so happy that there is no "crash" diet for 2 weeks before surgery. My calorie intake has been reduced in stages and I'm down to 1,000 until surgery on the 25th. Thank god I get to eat regular food (along with Isopure) until the day before surgery. I only have to do a liquid diet for 24 hours. I still continue "nesting" around my apartment; it helps to release my nervous energy. Keep up the good work everyone! Surgery is just around the corner...

xo Rachel xo

I had my pre op appointment at the hospital today, it seems to be getting more real by the day. I keep having the nagging second thoughts of, "if I can loose this weight this way, should I do the surgery". has anyone else had this thought.

With that all said, I am still excited and scared, its like getting on the best roller coaster you could ever ride.

I had my pre op appointment at the hospital today' date=' it seems to be getting more real by the day. I keep having the nagging second thoughts of, "if I can loose this weight this way, should I do the surgery". has anyone else had this thought.

With that all said, I am still excited and scared, its like getting on the best roller coaster you could ever ride.[/quote']

I have had that thought but remind myself that I also need to keep it off. One episode of binge eating can put back on a lot of pounds. With me it is also about maintaining pounds lost. The Pre op diet does give me confidence that I can loose weight, but it is only for a short period. Maintaining an 800 to 1000 calorie daily intake would not be possible for me long term without the aid of a gastric sleeve.

Checking in:) Surgery in 9 days! The closer it gets the more I think about it. I have everything I need so I'm set. Sometimes I cry happy tears and fearful tears; it's all good. I'm secure in the knowledge that I've made the right decision for myself. Pre-surgery appointment on Thursday:)

How is everyone else doing?

Doing well, especially w the help of my family.

It's getting closer ...tick tick ...

post-29860-13813658991341_thumb.jpg

I scared and excited. Yesterday I hit up Walmart for all my Vitamins and bought a small personal blender with an attached cup as well as purchased my Syntrax Protein drinks online.

I received my passport.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I'm to do to myself, mainly removing 80 percent if my stomach, what am I going to feel when I wake up and am I going to have some of the problems that I read about such as inability to swallow much Water or stomach spasms. I'm hoping my anxiety will go away.