Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Couldnt Get Sleeved Yesterday My Nightmare Continues

This is such and advertisement against banding. It also sounds like the surgeon was incompetent, but there are so many stories of the band breaking into pieces!

The band to sleeve revision board here is what convinced me to go for the sleeve.

my new surgeon was able to get the lapband out thank god so at least half of my surgery is done. i can understand him wanting me to heal im just so angry it never seems like i can get away from that last surgeon and what hes done to me. i am just so sad, angry and depressed.

My heart goes out to you and I wish you quick healing..many thoughts and prayers as well.

I think you should call a lawyer too.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but so happy that you are in good hands now.

I know it's a huge disappointment, but when you have a successful sleeve surgery it will be worth it.

Oh dear. Bestbwishes to you. I had a hernia repair by open surgery in an emergency situation ( it had strangulated). After my sleeve op, my surgeon told me that I had a lot of adhesions. At the time I was too focussed on my sleeve to ask her more about it and your post has prompted my memory. I will definitely ask at my next appointment and try and find out what this means for me in the future.

This is undoubtably demoralizing and I'm so sorry that your sleeve had to be postponed. It is reassuring that your new surgeon could step back and do whats in your best interest. Im sure when this is all over you will be so happy. In the mean time, you have us.

I agree that you need to call a lawyer. But, no amount of money is going to make this jerk of a doctor turn into a true healer. IMO, he should be taken out and shot at dawn every day for a year... that MIGHT be enough punishment for him. I read your previous thread and it seems you aren't his only victim. Please tell me that he's not "practicing" medicine.

(((Hugs to you))) I'm sorry you didn't get your sleeve, but thrilled that they are going to treat the infection before you became septic and died!

i agree with you shooting him everyday for a year wouldnt be enough. yes he is still practicing at the only hospital he's allowed to admit in. scary.

Just wow! I am so sorry. Focus on healing up. It will happen.

You'll need a lot of Protein. If you want to do shakes, lean Protein and veggies, did the doctor say it was okay? I would think so. You could treat this like moving ahead instead of backwards.

I know how I would feel if I were you. I'm not trying to minimize your feelings. I'm just hoping you don't despair over this.

Did they get all the band out, remove the mesh, fix the hernia and remove the adhesions? or do they have to go back in for some of that?

We are here for you. Stay active on the boards.

i plan to stay on here with all the positive people and one of the only places i can get true understanding. this has become my haven. i had the same thoughts as you on food and will see my nut and try to stay positive. they only got as far as removing my pusband as it is now known. he wants to let me heal before he moves on to my other problems. ty for all of your help! :)