Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - August 2006

I am hoping this fill yields alot of restriction and foaming and sliming and PBing and anything else that lets me know it's working.

That was a joke right?? I hope so!

Ok folks, one last thing before I leave my house. I am headed to the tattoo parlor. I'm going to have the incision underneath my breasts...tattooed. It's the most noticeable and I want to get rid of it's dark color with ink. I'll take pics later.

*laughs* Telly.. you sure know how to torture these men.

Cant wait to see the tat! Do you know what it will be?

Ok folks, one last thing before I leave my house. I am headed to the tattoo parlor. I'm going to have the incision underneath my breasts...tattooed. It's the most noticeable and I want to get rid of it's dark color with ink. I'll take pics later.
Wow! I can't wait to see the pictures.

That was a joke right?? I hope so!

I know it sounds crazy, but I am 9 months in and have never foamed, slimed or PBd. I shouldn't say never, I took a bite of Pizza Crust while working, and the phone rang so I gave it the old 3 chew and hard swallow. It got stuck. I didn't foam...or slime, but I felt like there was a golf ball stuck in my chest which wouldn't move. Someone online said drinking warm Water helps, and like a moron I tried it. Water makes bread swell. That didn't clear for almost 24hrs.

The closest I ever came to sliming was with scrambled eggs with ham. Again, another chewing issue. I was spitting slimey spit out for the next ten minutes...but I have eaten scrambled eggs since then, and ham, and scrambled eggs and ham. I have no problems eating ANY food.< /p>

So like I said, crazy, but it would be nice to be full with 1/2 cup of food.

OK for the record, is it wrong for the guys here to cheer on the ladies who are posting pictures. I must say from my own opinion, I look forward to seeing the new tattoo pictures.

I'm holding out for my 100lb weight loss to get a nice big tattoo on my back between my shoulders. Its just a symbol between my wife and I, but it means a lot to both of us.

I know it sounds crazy, but I am 9 months in and have never foamed, slimed or PBd.

Thats awesome! Thats good! Thats fantastic! PBs are painful and not good. They can cause the band to slip, the esophagus to become inflamed, and so much more!

The closest I ever came to sliming was with scrambled eggs with ham. Again, another chewing issue. I was spitting slimey spit out for the next ten minutes...but I have eaten scrambled eggs since then, and ham, and scrambled eggs and ham. I have no problems eating ANY food.< /p>

So like I said, crazy, but it would be nice to be full with 1/2 cup of food.

I think the expecation of only eating 1/2C is unrealistic. Especially for a person your size (no offense.. I started at 307 pounds). It takes a lot of energy to carry around the excess weight we all deal with, you need to be eating a reasonable amount of food and its good that you can eat ANY food. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Avoid breads and sugars. Focus on eating hard Proteins such as chicken, fish, and beef when you are hungry. Eat slowly and don't drink with your meals.

Have you seen this list for determining whether or not you have enough (or too much) restriction? Its an excellent guideline that we should all keep in the forefront of our thoughts during our weightloss journey with the band. It is easy to become impatient when there is such a long way to go. But slow and steady will win this one.. 1-2 pounds a week. That is average. If you lose too fast, you'll have so much skin you wont know what to do with it all. And that would leave you as miserable as you are now, or close to it. *hugs*

Edited: Oops.. forgot the link:

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

503, I think as long as you are smart about it, cheer on. some of us ladies have had a few unwanted comments that are blatantly over the line, but when it is clear that there is some joking, or that the intrest is sincere, and not sexual, then the cheers are not only ok, they are greatly appreciated!! :P

I hope that made sense!

Photonut, I haven't seen it, is it a sticky someplace?

Funny, you made plenty of sense, I just don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. For example one of the ladies here posted some pictures of herself (before and after) which were mildly edited. I wanted to comment about how great she looked, and how thankful I was to see what basically would happen to this inflated body if I let some of the air out of it. I had not seen an apron, or anything even close to it and it was actually mind boggling to finally see what it would look like...even more so with pre and post TT pics. I was just afraid the comments would be taken the wrong way..especially since I have a habit of being somewhat dirty minded and blessed with a demented sense of humor.

lol a demented sense of humor is often a good thing around here. the comments that I am refering to are things like "Oh my god, you look hot! Wanna go out?" or "WOW, what are you doing later?" that would certainly make a person feel uncomfortable showing pics like that. I know I posted pics of my naked from the waist down for a bet to see how much would be removed uring my now cancelled apron surgery. I blacked out the appropriate things, but worried a bit about posting them. thankfully, i did not receive those types of comments. LOL But who would with a body shot like that? HA!

Weird thing...I have gotton more comments from my face av pic than anything. that generates a lot of pm's. LOL

Hey Funny,

I'm seriously considering the Colon Blow. I went to the website & died laughing from the great read. :P Is it for real? Does it really work? Do you feel.....uh....."cleaner"? hee, hee :rolleyes

So, if I have this correct:

cheering = good

licking the monitor and making obscene gestures with my hand = bad

PhotoNut...thanks for the linkage.