Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - August 2006

Checking in.

C 220 (-87 total, -4 this week)

I'm going to advertise the beer diet. It worked last night!

I am not going to change mine for this week...not until I lose THOUGH I am only up .5 on my scales and if they have been working for me this long WHY WHY WHY believe the doctors scales are better.

Worked out 5 days last week and so far every day this week though I only did 30 minutes this a.m.

I am excited about my fill...looking forward to some great weight loss. Still doing liquids and softys today. How long do ya'll do liquids/mushies after a fill?

The best me - H 242/ S 223/ J 188/ C 178.0/ CBMI 29.8 (-63.4 lbs total, .4 this week)

slowly losing 2/10ths at a time...ugh. Someone please pass the wine (urp...'scuse me)

...How long do ya'll do liquids/mushies after a fill?

My doc has 48 hours liquids, the 48 hours mushies, then move slowly back to solids... sort of like a mini version of post-surgical. As I mentioned once before, he actually has us sign a waiver agreeing to this after every fill... he likes to make sure we follow the rules!

Goodness! 48 hours of everything.

I am going to try hard to be a good bander. I think I really pushed it to the limit during my last few months filled. I readlly want to be careful. I am hoping going off the band for a few months reminds me that this is not forever and that I could go get unfilled anytime if that is what I really want.

I PB'ed alot. We never talk much about PB'ing here...you guys PB often? Are you good bandsters to tee? Just wondering since I feel like I know most of you and to me...you are all perfect bandsters. AND MY HEROS!

I PB'ed alot. We never talk much about PB'ing here...you guys PB often? Are you good bandsters to tee? Just wondering since I feel like I know most of you and to me...you are all perfect bandsters. AND MY HEROS!
In 2 weeks, I will have been banded for a year and I've PB'd 14 times. Granted, 4 of them were during a 3-day period when I was filled to tight. But all-in-all, that's not too bad. I'm not a perfect bandster but I do try my hardest to stay on track.

There are so many people on this board that I admire. I'd like to get them all in one room and :hug: each and every one of them.

Goodness! 48 hours of everything.

I am going to try hard to be a good bander. I think I really pushed it to the limit during my last few months filled. I readlly want to be careful. I am hoping going off the band for a few months reminds me that this is not forever and that I could go get unfilled anytime if that is what I really want.

Yeah, my doc is a stickler... it is one of the reason's I chose him... I like the discipline from him and his staff, as well as myself.

I was PB'ing after my last fill, as it was too tight... felt like heartburn, then the smallest amount of food, and GAG.

I generally try to be really careful, and haven't really had too many PB's. 2 months out, I had a terrible one on some salad (iceberg lettuce... still not my friend) and ever since, I am just plain careful about it.

I'm far from the perfect bandster. Besides, you have done a great job yourself... had I been unfilled for more than a week, I'd regain 50 lbs... no kidding. the fact that you didn't gain much... well, you can be your own hero, or heroine, or heroin... yeah man!

ok, The colon blowing is very interesting. Can we say hollow man? I seriously feel weird. LOL

my weigh in for today is 294. I was 296 yesterday, so it looks like so far I lost 2 pounds with the colon blowing LOL

Joined this thread at 167lbs, went down to 160lbs and now up to 163lbs this am.

I have PB'd a handful of times, initially though, meaning post operatively. I have twice a few months ago where I ate chicken which was too tough.

I feel slight restriction when it's that TOM and I feel like I'm about to PB but doesn't happen anymore.

I am not the perfect bandster, I do drink with my meals. I eat twice the meals per day recommended by the doc which is 6 smalls meals instead of 3.

I didn't wait weeks to workout, I began working out the day after my return home from surgery.

I'm bad.

I follow my Dr.'s rules. But I still wouldn't say I am a perfect bandster. I do occasionally have ice cream... I do not eat bread or Pasta, because my level of restriction will not allow that. Thank goodness, that is why I was so dang fat! I love this band because I can eat a good bandster portion when I am physically hungry. If I am not hungry and just want to munch... the good ol' band will not allow. That is why this works for me. It baffles me... the quantities of foods that I used to inhale!

Hehe Heathergurl. Inhale? I used to sniff food and it would be gone.

I SO appreciate the taste of every bite now...

Guys! This is why I am SO scared of being unfilled when it is time to have another baby... I really am going to need all of your support when they unfill me and I could swallow a Big Mac with one bite!