Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOTC thread...Why NOT to post when your angry

(Note to self: must go get a look at Bettina's journal rant!) (Just kidding!)

LOL it was pretty awful:omg: ! I can't believe I allowed my self to get dragged down to that level. (ugh and my ranting was not pretty either) I just really needed someone to understand why I even bothered to remark on the thread to begin with. Def not a shining moment. Better today...lol.

But I am sure I can get into trouble if I am not careful....:)

3Gloves-

Yes, I am a cheese psychopath actually LOL!!!! (while I was on liquids a whole freakin week ago I had used Campbells cheese Soup to satisfy my sick depraved urges for cheese no matter the form) Just please don't start dancing again! But I digress...

Campbell's Chesse Soup huh? I will be getting some of that tomorrow. I crave cheese too. Never tried the soup yet, but I bet it's yummy. :hungry:

Thanks for the heads-up. If I really like it, I might have to dance you know. You've been warned.

I'm just curious how you know that? Or is it just a saying that you heard someone else say once? I mean, how many non-believers in their dying hour have you been around? Just curious. I love this thread. I value EVERYONE'S opinon. This just made me curious.

Actually, I read a while back that the "no atheist in a foxhole" thing is far from the truth. (I wish I could remember the source.) It seems that a number of people have died while their voices were being recorded...plane crashes, police/fire radios, that kind of thing. Turned out that the religious folks were saying "Oh, God" and the non-religious folks were saying stuff like, "Oh, shit!"

Whatever it was I read said that most of us die pretty much the way we live.

I do want to mention that an intense multi-page thread where the atheists come out of hiding and DON'T get reminded, by some self-appointed messenger of doom, that they're going to burn in a hot place that no one has ever seen and the atheists don't believe in is kind of a nice change. Growth is a good thing.

God is everywhere!!! On money, On t.v., radio, ECT.... Get used to it!!!! and get over it.....

Which god are you talking about here, and in which part of the world???

Turned out that the religious folks were saying "Oh, God" and the non-religious folks were saying stuff like, "Oh, shit!"

:) :pound:

HYSTERICAL!

I'm starting a new religion.

I am Cathnostic.:)

That means I was raised Catholic, but don't really go anymore. I believe in God, but not church, and I DO question the bible, but understand it's intent!

I'd invite you to our services, but we don't have any. You're welcome to join though!

I am also starting my own political party..

Democricans or republicrats, I haven't decided on which one to use.

Our slogan is that we are Conservo-liberal!:D

Let's lighten up... been too serious here lately. This place should be fun!

Actually, I read a while back that the "no atheist in a foxhole" thing is far from the truth. (I wish I could remember the source.) It seems that a number of people have died while their voices were being recorded...plane crashes, police/fire radios, that kind of thing. Turned out that the religious folks were saying "Oh, God" and the non-religious folks were saying stuff like, "Oh, shit!"

I would probably be saying both!!!!!

People say "oh god" all the time. It has become, for many, just another phrase with no more significance than "oh my" or "wow" -- a meaningless custom. When someone sneezes I don't say, "May humanity bring benefits to you" -- I say "bless you". Am I really blessing them? Not any more than I'm really trying to keep an evil entity from taking over their bodies, or expressing joy that their heart started again, or any of the other reasons quoted for why we say that. I say it because that's what you say when someone sneezes. When I sneeze and someone says, "Bless you" I don't get offended because words only have the meaning you allow them to have. You can make a point of being an atheist, like many feminists make a point of it, or you can just "be", and you happen to be an atheist too.

I do want to mention that an intense multi-page thread where the atheists come out of hiding and DON'T get reminded, by some self-appointed messenger of doom, that they're going to burn in a hot place that no one has ever seen and the atheists don't believe in is kind of a nice change. Growth is a good thing.

Is this what you were looking for??

People say "oh god" all the time. It has become, for many, just another phrase with no more significance than "oh my" or "wow" -- a meaningless custom. When someone sneezes I don't say, "May humanity bring benefits to you" -- I say "bless you". Am I really blessing them? Not any more than I'm really trying to keep an evil entity from taking over their bodies, or expressing joy that their heart started again, or any of the other reasons quoted for why we say that. I say it because that's what you say when someone sneezes. When I sneeze and someone says, "Bless you" I don't get offended because words only have the meaning you allow them to have. You can make a point of being an atheist, like many feminists make a point of it, or you can just "be", and you happen to be an atheist too.

So I am going to interject what I consider to be a moderately funny anecdote.

My work is filled with odd characters. The two that feautre in this anecdote are exceptionally devoted to their beliefs. One is an atheist (or possibly even a satanist) and the other is a Jew.

The atheist sneezed and the Jew said "bless you". A heated comment was fired back by the atheist of "Who the hell are YOU to bless me??". Somewhat taken aback, the Jew stated "Next time I'll curse you, is that better?". At this point they went their seperate ways.

The upshot of course is now, in the event of a sneeze, it is common practice to say "I non-denominationally acknowledge your sneeze". The response is then given of "I feel so blessed.".

This is a true story, and even though the atheist has moved on, his legacy remains.

I totally agree with Wheetsin of course, the basis behind "My God!", "Jesus!" and "Bless You!" have long been absorbed into culture that devalues the spiritual aspects of the words. Now they are no more than saying "drat", "oh dear" etc.

I think that is a shame, but I also think it inevitable.

Friends?

I don't want any friends here either and yes, I expect support.

Friends?

What are friends?

Are friends people that you must support when they get into a cat-fight over religion and/or politics?

Are friends people that PM you with gossip about other members?

Are friends people that PM you with instructions on how to get back at other members?

No thanks. I don't want friends.

But, I will give support to any member who has a Lap-Band problem. I would hope that when I have a Lap-Band problem that people of all political and religious persuasions will try to help me. WHY???

Because it is the Christian thing to do.

Because it is the humane thing to do.

Because it the right thing to do.

I will not sink low enough to leave a member in time of need just because we just had a fight over US foreign policy or abortion or Muslim/Christian pro's and con's.

To do so would violate the "Golden Rule". To decide who to help would mean that I am judging them in order to catagorize them into people who deserve help versus people who don't deserve help. Judge not, lest you shall be judged.