Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four Days Out....and So Depressed!

I am literally crying like a baby typing this. I knew this would be hard, but I had no idea it would be this tough! Everyone tries to emphasize the positive, which is wonderful. However, I feel dooped in how difficult this really is. I feel like my life is over. I am withdrawn, and hardly talk to my family without snapping at them. Please help me.

I'm not sleeved yet.........But how can I help you??

-Kim

I haven't had it yet but sit tight---help is on the way. People are awesome here. "Everyone" says they felt this way (not to minimize your pain at all). Feel better soon... I know you will!! (((hugs)))

ETA: Try reading some success stories while you wait for someone who's been there to respond.

That is very normal (to me anyway)...I went through the same feelings. Remember that the more weight you loose, the more estrogen gets released into your body (estrogen is stored in fat cells and as you loose weight the estrogen gets released too). That has A LOT to do with how you feel right now....also, food was a major part of your life...so now that you don't have that comfort, it hurts...badly!!!

This will pass, I promise. I didn't think anyone was going to be able to understand me, and how I felt, and when I came on here I realized I wasn't alone.

Just keep in mind why you did this, and you WILL feel normal again!!! Give it time.

It does sukk having to make such a dramatic change but you can do it. Just take it one day at a time. Get stuff from the store you can have. Make this a positive thing!! And make sure to sip all your drinks slowly until u can tolerate bigger sips. It does get better as time passes!!

Just having a moment of regret. My whole life centered around food. IDK what to do. I am still in pain, but it is getting a bit better each day. I'll be OK. Thanks y'all.

Aww, man...sorry to hear that :( it gets better...it gets better...it gets better!! 4 days is short...life is long...and it's only up from here! The emotional roller coaster is tough. Of you're still feeling in the dumps in a few days, might be a good idea to seek out a therapist in your area. I have one that deals with food issues (though don't think that's a requirement by any means) and she's been great at helping me sort through my feelings.

Just having a moment of regret. My whole life centered around food. IDK what to do. I am still in pain' date=' but it is getting a bit better each day. I'll be OK. Thanks y'all.[/quote']

I cried because I wouldn't have a soft pretzel at the mall on day 6 :) it wasn't really about the pretzel, lol...but I was (and will continue to) mourn food and the significant role it's played in my life. You're soooooo not alone! Now I'm starting to delve into WHY food became so important in my life (short answer is I eat my feelings ;)). Hope you feel better!

Glad you vented here Lu. It is a major life change and once its done there is no going back. I think that moment of panic happens for most everyone. It will be hard, we all wound up here because we are food addicts. Unlike something like cigarettes, we all still need to have a little bit of our addiction every day to survive. It makes it difficult. Hang in there, it gets so much better!

Once you eat a pretzel down the road and feel how heavy it is going down, you won't want it anymore.

Once you eat a pretzel down the road and feel how heavy it is going down' date=' you won't want it anymore.[/quote']

Exactly...and thank god for that!

I think we can all relate here. But I promise you this... the best is yet to come. You're going through the absolute worst part right now. Pain, nothing but liquids, the aftermath of anesthesia. I was SO miserable for the first couple of weeks. It's ok to cry. It's ok to acknowledge the huge loss you have just experienced. But now is not the time for regrets. There's no going back. Now is the time to really start envisioning just how wonderful your life is about to become. I thought I'd never get over the loss of food. Well, guess what... I still love and enjoy food, entertaining, dining out, and eating. The major difference is that I now choose to have what I REALLY want instead of just glomming down a ton of meaningless crap. Get plenty of rest, fluids, and reach out to friends or this board. It really does get better! In the meantime, I'm sending you a big hug!!

Me too. Had a meltdown today. Finding that if I am not having enough Protein I get crazy.

I am not liking the New whey or Isopure. Sticking to ramen packets and looking for other I like. I also noticed that warm liquid feels good & is easier on the tummy. I find that Ramen is salty, but I feel like I can only do so much right now.

Try the grape New Whey Liquid Protein start w/ 1oz in a 16 oz glass & mix with grape Crystal Light. tastes like grape soda. So far, this is all I can tolerate.

Today I am four days out and I feel the same. How long until I feel better?

Luwanna, I'm sorry you are so upset right now. It's very normal after surgery, anesthesia also has a lot to do with it. You just had major surgery. I hope things are better next week for you.

Me too. Had a meltdown today. Finding that if I am not having enough Protein I get crazy.

I am not liking the New whey or Isopure. Sticking to ramen packets and looking for other I like. I also noticed that warm liquid feels good & is easier on the tummy. I find that Ramen is salty, but I feel like I can only do so much right now.

Try the grape New Whey Liquid Protein start w/ 1oz in a 16 oz glass & mix with grape Crystal Light. tastes like grape soda. So far, this is all I can tolerate.

I am not fond of Isopure, I have tried it (i'm pre-surgery) so I bought MIO to use with the grape, lemon to go with iced tea, and orange MIO for the orange, hoping that helps. I have to be on them for 2 weeks, and it's going to be a long two weeks. Hoping they are more tolerable after surgery. I have tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, didn't care for it myself, which I'm glad I tried one pack before I bought it. I decided to try to find a broth I like, and Ramen is too salty for me, but I found that Wyler's Mrs. Grass chicken Noodle Soup (just the broth packets not the noodles) is just right for me.

Good luck to you all.