Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yoda's Jedi Journals (aka Yoda's Yammerin's)

I didn't know the port could flip!! Could you tell me what fluro is and how they do it. Are they doing it this way because of special circumstances?

Good Luck tomorrow

Hi Wheezy, Im not 100 % sure but I think it's when they do the fill while kinda watching , like an x-ray or something like that.

A port can flip, but it's rare, so I wouldn't worry.

How'd it go, Yoda?

I think usually the only way your port would flip, would be if it weren't properly 'anchored' down, like not stitched into place, on all 4 sides... some places don't for some reason, but Dr. Cobourn (and Mumford) say they do. I'm sure TLBC does too. Oh yeah, he told me that some places don't, because of needing a bigger incision...

Another reason to take it easy while you're healing up. You want your port to be good and attached to the muscle... don't strain it!

The flouro... we'll make Yoda describe the process to us! Let's hear it, Yoda!

Hey guys.....

First of all: Cloe at a loss for words!!!???? I guess hell froze over, too huh??!

Wheezy: the "special circumstances" were that every time I've gone for a fill (3 or 4 times) it has been VERY VERY difficult to get and one time they didn't get it at all....(ie. we're talking after dozens of pokes....)....so they wanted to do the next one under fluro to make sure all was well.

Okay....soooooo, Mr Yoda & I get to the hospital at 9:15 for my 10:00 appt (traffic wasn't as bad as I thought....it only took us about an hour and 40 mins). Dr. J. didn't even arrive until about 10:45. By then, there were about 8 of his patients there waiting. I was the newest one....some had been banded for 3 years already! Anyways....thankfully I was the first appt. It was quick and painless and the whole thing lasted under 5 mins.

I stood on a platform, lifted my shirt and a box (xray machine) was pointed at me and it put pics of my "insides" up on a monitor (which I could also see....it was REALLLLLY kewl; I could see my heart!!!! Fortunately it was beating!!...kinda freaked me out a bit too though!). So, Dr. J. pointed on the monitor and showed me where my band was and I could ever so clearly see my port (cool). I then swallowed a chalky like solution (wasn't bad...I think it was barium) it was only about 2 tbsp full (if that) and it sort of glowed as it went down, past my band, thru my stoma and into my stomach. It wasn't restricted at all; flowed right on thru likety split. So, Dr. J. decided to give me 2 ccs and he actually got my port on the first try with the needle (a welcomed first for me) squirted in 2 ccs and then I drank a teeeeensy sip of that stuff and you could see it now just slowly trickle down into my stoma. That was that. He said I would feel "tight" and to take it easy and be careful with the eating etc until I get used to it. Seriously, the whole episode was less than 5 mins!

There was nothing wrong with the band or my port. All was good. If I were to choose, I would do this again...not only is the hospital much closer for me than the TLBC clinic....it just takes all the guess work out of it!

I DEFINITELY feel something. Is it too much? Is it too little? Who the heck knows!!!! I have no frame of reference!!!! I just know it is is SOMETHING that I haven't felt before. I tried sipping Water all day and I could feel it go down.....I later tried some hot liquid and it seemed to go down a LOT better. I think I'm afraid to try something else....but I will eventually. Oh yeah....so I now have a total of 7 ccs. (Loriely: remember when you were there and I had to get a de-fill? I had 6 and had to go down to 5.....yet now I'm at 7!!!!).

So, after the appt, we didn't want to waste a day of being in Toronto so we went to a mall and snooped around (I luckily married a guy who actually likes to shop and browse; even more than I do!!!). Mr Yoda was feeling sorry for me I think (since I had to watch him eat lunch etc) and so I got 4 really nice tops (2 Henley like and 2 button shirts) and if THAT wasn't enough we went into Roots and they have these new bags/purses in called the "Flat Line" and I LOOOOOVE them. They sit flat against your body. So he got me one of those (he doesn't flinch anymore at the fact that a Roots bag costs over $100.....I now have three!)...it isn't even that big...it is really hard to describe but suffice to say it is kkkkkkkkkkkkkewl and I love it and had no problem picking one out; I gravitated RIGHT towards it!!!

So, all in all....a good day. I'm a happy camper.

Tomorrow (Sat) is my weekly weigh in day, so I'm hoping to be down just having had not much to eat today!! We also take our measurements & photos once a month and tomorrow is the date for that as well. So...will let ya know the outcome.

Whew this was long, eh?!!! Oh well, it is my ramblin' thread afterall!!! LOL

Okay.....Yoda's Yuk-Yuk of the day: what type of jeans to ghosts wear? boooooo jeans!!!

Nite all!

Look at you Yoda... I see you online... replying to everyone else's post before coming here to talk about yourself! You are toooo considerate! Come, talk about yourself!!!!!

I spoke too soon!

That's awesome that it went so well... and fast!! Congrats, hopefully this fill's 'the one'! And take some pictures of that purse. I don't understand "flat". LOL

Thanks for the explanation of your procedure today. Glad it went well for you.

Where do you find a husband like that? The only way I can get my husband in a mall is to tell him that there's a really big sports store in it.

was everyone having another problem with this site on the weekend.? that is good news yoda that everything is fine with your band and port. hopefully you have restriction now.let us know how your restriction is yoda?

Yeah... ALL weekend! What a pain! I had to talk to my boyfriend instead of coming here.... sheesh! :D

I know, what a pain. I was wandering aimlessly around the house, without you guys. God forbid I should do some housework!!