Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone has experience this. I had my surgery 8/8/2011. I have lost a total of 96 lbs. I am about 43 lbs till I reach my surgeons goal. I am at 224 as of today. I will personaly be content at 200 lbs but we shall see. I have not lost any weight this month and wanted to know if anyone has had a stall at this stage of the game. I am just a little stressed and worried. I have stepped up my exercise to 6 days a week to see what happens. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi! We have similar histories...I was sleeved 8/2/11, I started at 331 and I weigh 226...down 105#'s. I lose about 1-2 pounds a week, fairly steady. I eat a fairly normal diet, Protein , veggies, fruits, carbs. I don't "diet". I have been doing couch to 5k ( a running program) but I strained my achilles tendon - damn it hurt- and I have to stop for a bit, my trainer has me weight training in the interim. So if I can answer your question, I have not had a stall at this stage, but I have certainly read on this board about folks in stalls for weeks and months. Hang in there. You are doing really well!

Hmmmm....I was sleeved 8/24/2011 and was sleeved when I became 264. I am 175 and 5'9". Just the other day I posted I was in a loose 12 and not tight but snug 10. Today I fit into a 8. I stayed at 190 from 02/12 until early May. No matter what I did, nothing would come off. I actually went down to 187 for like 2 days in that time frame but back up to 190 and plateaued for what seemed like eons of time. I think our bodies are reconfiguring themselves and knows where we should be at during the major weight loss. I've just learned to be patient and enjoy my body at every size and continue to eat right and exercise and stay hydrated!

Hi Gia I was sleeved 8/8/11 also! I am still losing but at a very slow rate. Are you tracking your exercise and food intake somewhere like myfitnesspal? I find that really helps. I believe I had been eating too few calories myself so I have been trying to bring them up, as well as more exercise.

Thanks guys ????

Yes I am on my fitness pal and track everything. My name is Prettygia if u wanted to befriend me. Maybe I do need to up calories. I am between 800-900 a day.

OMG IAM THER ALSO! 6 weeks down 2 up5 crazy ! i just upped Protein that I went down on my java Protein Shake was sold out 3 weeks so now I upped my workouts doing bootcamp and classes to change it up so frustrating scared I had my surgery 11-17-2011 let me know whats worked lol

good lucvk

Exercise is great for your body and your mind, but exercise isn't the answer to losing weight. Diet is the answer. Building plenty of muscle will help you burn more calories around the clock, so don't stop exercising if you already enjoy it. But if you're already active, adding more exercise right now might have the opposite effect on the scale.

Track your calories religiously for three days, without changing what you eat. There might be something you need to tweak. Perhaps you aren't eating enough for your active lifestyle. Or perhaps you're eating more than you realize. You won't know until you have a very clear picture of what's going into your body.

From there, play with your numbers until you find what works. I know, that's not an easy suggestion to follow! But we're all so different. I lose best (and maintain best) when I eat 90+ grams of Protein daily. I need plenty of carbs to feel happy and satisfied with my meals. Everyone is different.

Also look at external factors. I changed my birth control after I got my sleeve and could not lose with Mirena in - I had to have it removed. I don't lose when I am feeling very stressed, even though I don't eat more food during these times. If I don't get good sleep for several days in a row, I can see a bounce UP on the scale. So if there's something else going on with you, make sure you address it so you can be healthy in body and mind.

The good news is that you can get to goal. You've done a really great job so far. Your sleeve is still there, still fully functional. All you need to do is find that sweet spot where you can balance your diet and your lifestyle and lose weight again.

Best of luck,

~Cheri

Thank you! I will try and see what works!

A 9 month stall would be a plateau. When I had my first WLS about a year in (roughly where you are now) I plateaued for about 18 months. It hit even though I changed nothing. I tried all the stall busters, more calories, fewer, etc. My body just wanted to be that weight for a while, I guess. Then almost overnight, out of nowhere, I was down about 14 lbs.

I did it 4 pds 4 days Protein and cardio upped it running 9min mile oh thank god