Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went for my preop nutrition evaluation and my psych evaluation last week. I called my surgeon yesterday and everything has been submitted to the insurance company for approval. Now I'm just waiting. I'm so not a patient person. I have a BMI of 51 but no other comorbities. I know that even when/if my insurance approves my sleeve I won't have it done til the end of July or the first of August. But STILL! I want to know! I'm afraid that they will come back and say that if I would just exercise and eat better that I could lose the weight on my own. True, I can, but as soon as I stop dieting, and I mean immediately, the weight starts coming back and I gain more than I lost in the first place. I am so excited about the thought of how this could change my life! I normally am such an optomistic person but with this I just keep thinking about how disappointed I will be if they deny it...

We're all right there with you. Your story is what we've all suffered through and why we're so excited about this tool. Although anything can happen, I can't imagine a plan that pays for this surgery but would deny someone with a BMI of 50+. Use this time to enjoy all your other blessings and be a blessing to others. I'm thinking we'll all be able to Celebrate and woop and holler with you very soon!

G.

I have a BMI of 51 but no other comorbities.

BlessedBeyondMeasure2012

Hi here

Please read the below w/the utmost sarcasm that is intended

aren't you "unlucky" for not being sicker? We should to be sicker to be almost immediately be approved for insurance. As I was, morbidly obese with 4 morbities,

Aren't I lucky that i was approved so quickly for WLS since i had so many morbities.

The truth is, our weight/size should be the gigantic morbititie (msp) that counts. If you have no illness like diabetes, sleep apnea, we know that eventually you will "probably" get these illnesses.

Being heavy should be the morbitite that counts.

Insurance wants us to deal with these problems first, before you can get approved for the WLS. How crazy is that? First get sick enough, then they allow you to have the the WLS? :(

I'm rambling & repeating myself but................

Continually angry with studpid insurance companies that give people a rough time :angry:

kathy

Kathy, you are spot on!!!! And big congrats for your weight loss. You're doing fabulous :D

I completely agree with you Kathy. I consider myself blessed not to have additional comorbidities I just hope BCBS feels the same way. Thank you Giselle for the encouragement!