Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am at a BMI of 37 and have the same comorbidities as you! Coverage remains to be seen,but I am hopeful. I am 45 years old and the way I see it this old dog is not capable of learning new tricks, so long as there is a grumbling, growling bear inside of me. I have got to render food powerless over me! With the sleeve binge eating should not be an issue since the sleeve will stop me. Let's start a prayer chain for all the up coming and previously sleeved patients. We need all the help and support we can get with our individual circumstances! Good luck to you and God bless! Keep us posted on your progress and experience! :D

I have been reading great reviews for dr Alvarez. Is his office only in eagle pass? Does he meet w u anywhere else? I'm really considering him. I go tomorrow to seminar w another surgeon. Trying to keep options open in case my insurance doesn't approve.

I decided on Dr. Alvarez off of a personal reccomendation, I know he does seminars, but I really like all his YouTube videos as well. He has his office about 2 miles over the border but an American address as well for business transactions. My insurance denied me, so this was my only option financially. But I'm very confident and excited, best part no jumping through hoops with insurance diets and nonsense. I go there and it's a done deal!

He does them in San Antonio, I don't know when, you can email his office and they will tell you, or you can view his YouTube videos and he has several patient documentaries as well. :)

Would u happen to know where he offers his seminars?

In one of the threads I read, someone said he had a seminar in Houston in May. Susan is very friendly and will answer all of your questions. Endobariatric.com" rel="">susan@endobariatric.com

In one of the threads I read' date=' someone said he had a seminar in Houston in May. Susan is very friendly and will answer all of your questions. susan@Endobariatric.com[/quote']

He did have a seminar in may and that's when I met him, he sleeved me July 7th and I couldn't be happier !

Sweetsusie, was d seminar in Houston? I live closer to San Antonio. Idk if also someone had mentioned he practiced in matamoros mx? Sorry for all d questions but I just feel overwhelmed w making d right decision medically n financially as well. Hope u don't mind ????

Sweetsusie' date=' was d seminar in Houston? I live closer to San Antonio. Idk if also someone had mentioned he practiced in matamoros mx? Sorry for all d questions but I just feel overwhelmed w making d right decision medically n financially as well. Hope u don't mind dde0c[/quote']

I dont mind at all, no hes not out of matamoros he practices in piedras negras which is on the eagle pass border, u would take I-10 to 35 towards Laredo and exit #111 and go right onto 57 for 98 miles. He practices less than one mile over the boarder. U r only 2-2 1/2 hours away. Very close to u. It took me five hours from Houston. I love answering questions so don't ever feel like ur bothering me ;)

Thanks for d info....will keep u posted how tomorrow's seminar goes mainly informational from another surgeon. Do u know if dr Alvarez offers any type of financing?

Thanks for d info....will keep u posted how tomorrow's seminar goes mainly informational from another surgeon. Do u know if dr Alvarez offers any type of financing?

He does go to his website: Endobariatric.com I tried financing an although I got approved I got denied because he wasn't a US licensed surgeon, so I saved up all my money and did it on my own, which I'm very happy of because I don't have all that interest to pay now.

I got an email from Dr. Alvarez's coordinator and the cost for the surgery is $8,700. That's just a bit more than what I can afford.

I got an email from Dr. Alvarez's coordinator and the cost for the surgery is 8' date='700. That's just a bit more than what I can afford.[/quote']

Personally, I didn't go for the price, I went for my gut, IMO he was the best decision for me, u really have to do ur research and fit what's best for u. I know that's what I did and I'm very happy. He also is there after surgery whenever u need him. Very great person.

I got an email from Dr. Alvarez's coordinator and the cost for the surgery is 8' date='700. That's just a bit more than what I can afford.[/quote']

I called his office too and yes he his like the highest price the Dr joya is cheaper and you stay on the beach. And Dr Kelly charges like 5500, Garcia 4500, Dr Almanza 4000 something Dr Ortiz and Lopez are under 6000 I believe

I'm just going to put my two cents in that my best friend had this done 2 years ago and she and I have done extensive research on both price and doctor qualifications. We researched their American board certified credentials, checked to make sure they are eligible to practice in both Mexico and the USA, we looked at patient complications, mortality rate, etc. Within those results we made our decision, she went to Dr. Aceves (spelling?) and I've chosen Dr. Alvarez. We both paid within a few hundred dollars of each other. I did the financing option, and she was able to secure a private lower interest loan.

This surgery was quoted to me at $29000 and $33000 for Birmingham and Atlanta in the US