Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not trying to be overly vain here, but can any of u post sleevers answer for me... Does losing weight make u look older in the face, eg. wrinkles etc? I know a slimmer body will definetely give a younger look, but will my face age?? Im 43 and have always been told i look good for my age, is that because all my fat has plumped out my wrinkles? I know this is not all about looks but I just want as much info as possible on all aspects of surgery. thanx fellow sleevers :)

Everyone whose pix I've seen on here looks younger post-sleeve.

I've been told I have lost 10 years ...

I know what you mean. I notice a lot more wrinkles around my eyes now than before, and I hear the answer for that is FAT injections LOL!!!! But I would rather be healthy and fit and strong and just get some botox later on if it continues to bother me :)

I think it depends. People whose faces are physically still young tend to look younger with lost weight (face skin stretches back nicely). But people with physically older faces (wrinkles, sagging skin, etc.) -- I think they tend to look older. The extra fat "fills out" their face and hides some of the age indicators. When the extra fat is gone, you see the sagging and wrinkles.

This happened with my grandmother. She was the youngest looking 70 I'd ever seen, and she was fat. Then I didn't see her for about a year and she was sick during that time and lost most of her excess weight. The next time I saw her she looked her age. Looking at before/after pics, it was very clear that the difference was the "filling" in her face.

I've resigned myself to the fact that when I lose my chubby cheeks, I'll likely have those laugh lines that look like a set of parenthesis around your mouth. LOL I have seen it over and over again with people who start with round, chubby faces.

That said, it will likely make me look my age for once, so it's not a big deal to me. :-)

I'm 45 and feel and look grreat.

I know what you mean. I notice a lot more wrinkles around my eyes now than before' date=' and I hear the answer for that is FAT injections LOL!!!! But I would rather be healthy and fit and strong and just get some botox later on if it continues to bother me :)[/quote']

lol @ sleeve for me, well i have lots of fat to spare to fill my wrinkles :)

I'm 45 and feel and look grreat.

u sure do!! :)

I've resigned myself to the fact that when I lose my chubby cheeks' date=' I'll likely have those laugh lines that look like a set of parenthesis around your mouth. LOL I have seen it over and over again with people who start with round, chubby faces.

That said, it will likely make me look my age for once, so it's not a big deal to me. :-)[/quote']

how old are u bkmama? if u dont mind me asking?

Unfortunately I am one that already looks a lot older.For some reason my eyebrows have collapsed and my eye lids are drooping very badly.

Again, having said that, I am a true paleface with paper thin very inflexible skin.Have always been.

Others are talking booblift and Tummy Tuck and I'm thinking the order in my case is facelift,booblift tummytuck arm lift and legs done....crazy how my skin isnt shrinking an inch.

For you,if you are not very fair,havent been a yoyo dieter,havent smoked and exercise it might be completely different.

Losing the weight is still worth all that.

xxo

Unfortunately I am one that already looks a lot older.For some reason my eyebrows have collapsed and my eye lids are drooping very badly.

Again' date=' having said that, I am a true paleface with paper thin very inflexible skin.Have always been.

Others are talking booblift and Tummy Tuck and I'm thinking the order in my case is facelift,booblift tummytuck arm lift and legs done....crazy how my skin isnt shrinking an inch.

For you,if you are not very fair,havent been a yoyo dieter,havent smoked and exercise it might be completely different.

xxo[/quote']

wow that sucks..sorry. but vsg surgery does not make u look older. that was the TOP reason I chose it. now as we know smoking could age u all on its on. good luck though, and it sounds like u got a plan

Again' date=' having said that, I am a true paleface with paper thin very inflexible skin.Have always been.

xxo[/quote']

Im quite fair, a yoyo dieter, have smoked but have always been quite active so am not sure what to expect. hopefully wont be too old looking, wish i had that beautiful tanned olive skin complexion ... is there a surgery for that??? jokes everyone!! i'll be extremely happy to be healthy and not overweight :)

I must add we have lived int the middle east for the past 10 years and a lot of expats seems to age badly.The weather is very harsh here.After my post I went and had a look at my face and thhe fat certainly hid a fair amount of the wrinckles before and the eyes really seems to have dropped..lol

Im not worried.Some will be battle scars and some we will remove.

The most important thing is losing this weight.your ticker is weird but I get the idea from it that you are lower BMI and that should also help if the skin hasnt been stretched to its end.

xxo