Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Tired & Low Energy - 10 Days Post-Op

I am 10 days post-op and feeling pretty good, except that I am generally very tired and feel like I have no energy. I am back to work this week (desk job), but if I could crawl under my desk now and nap without getting fired, I totally would. Is this normal? When do you tyically start feeling energized and walk with some pep in your step?

It's completely normal. Search for "fatigue" and you'll see story after story.

Mine started just after the 1st week, and lasted intensely through week 3, started tapering during week 4. It's natural.

Expect a big improvement after 3 weeks. Stay with your fluids!

Yep, I am 14 days post op & soooo tired. But heard it is part of the course & should improve by about week 3.

yep, I'm right there with you! I was sleeved on 5/14. I've been going to bed early (around 8 or 8:30 PM) and getting up at 6 AM due to necessity. However, I've usually been taking at least one nap a day & sometimes two. I work from home & it's really flexible, so I'm kind of lucky that way. However, I'd love to get away from naps, but I know my body needs time to heal. I can't start my Vitamins until Monday & I know that will help too. Hang in there & try to get all your liquid in since dehydration can cause fatigue too. If you're already on vitamins, make sure you take them too. Every little bit helps. As we keep losing & increase our food, it'll get better!!

I am approx. 4 weeks post op and had this happen to me starting in week two. When I felt this tired, i went outside and walked. It was hard being so tired but once I actually started walking my body woke up and before I know it I had walked 2.5 miles. Then I couldn't sleep until 11:30pm

If at work, get up and walk around even if just for a little bit and see if getting moving helps. I admit some days I just couldn't get myself out the door but on the days I did, I felt so much better afterwards.

OMG! I am so thankful that I too am not alone. I had my surgery on 5/14 and I feel so exhausted and believe it or not I didn't feel this way at first. I started feeling this way on 5/19. I didn't know what was going on. My doctor said this is normal but I hate to see when his definition of normal truly kicks in (lol). I'm sorry that I don't have an answer.

It's completely normal. Search for "fatigue" and you'll see story after story.

Mine started just after the 1st week, and lasted intensely through week 3, started tapering during week 4. It's natural.

Same here, started feeling much more normal around week 4. I didn't need the naps anymore after that.