Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

Hi! I'm a June 19th! Right around the corner. Congratulations to those who have had their surgery and good luck to all those still waiting. We are all going to rock the sleeve!

I am here and still alive!

Just now got back to my room. Spent quite a long time in recovery. I still can't feel my legs all the way due to the spinal tap, but they're coming back slowly but surely.

Doc said everything went great, surgery took just over an hour.

How in the hell do I post a picture in this thing? I wanted to be like Vee and post a pic of me post-op but I can't figure it out lol I have my iPhone tethered and everything, ready to go, but can't figure it out.

(ETA: Okay, I figured it out!)

My amazing Doc just stopped by my room to check on me. He's the best. :wub:

283763_232554030194934_2088643829_n.jpg

Edited by blondeej

Robin, I sent you a friend request on FB. I love super secret groups. :ph34r:

Geez, must be bedtime. I keep forgetting things. My surgeon is Dr. Kristin Noonan at Abington.

Naturals, thanks so much for responding. Maybe you can help me as a lay person better understand this. What would have been the issue(s) with proceeding with my esophagus swollen? Never having had this problem before, it was very frustrating. Of course, I've never been this age before. Thanks again. I'm back in the countdown position to July 9th :)

G.

With your esophagus (eating pipe) swollen it can ultimatelly occlude completely and if the swelling were to continue it risks occluding your trachea (breathing pipe) because these two are so close together it is a very real complication and may not be evident until it is a critical situation. The fact that the Doc caught it so soon is reassuring and they will be aware for your next visit and be extra attentive. Who was your surgeon again? I hope that helps!! Talk to you soon.

Gail

I'm having a better day than yesterday. I keep having coughing fits which hurt, and I had a fever of 100 yesterday. I then sneezed so hard I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Tylenol is the only thing I'm allowed to take and it makes me sick so my mother found some chewable tylenol so I finally got some help.

Every day is a little better. I had my first real Protein shake today it took me a while to get 4 ounces in this morning and then another 4 ounces later.

Everyone heals at their own rate, I'm going to be slower because of the Lupus, but I'm not down about it. Yesterday the fever made me weepy, and today I feel a little better. I finally lost the surgery weight I gained and I'm down to 227.2 from 229, it's not much but I am obviously very swollen still.

I started walking in the house in a circle through kitchen, living room, dining room 20 minutes at a time, I've done it twice so far today.

The binder really has helped today.

I hope everyone is doing great, and best wishes and prayers going out to Tuesdays sleevers.

Eager12

Iwant2Bthatgirl

need2change

Dayo

Denalisa

CRosa

glsun0612

Not that it is the most pleasant but tylenol and gravol are available in suppository form. Very effective and you won't need to take so many of the chewables.< /p>

Hope you feel on top of the world soon!

Gail

Blondeej ... OMG you look so chipper so soon after surgery !!! .... Way to go girl!

Blondeej, you are such a doll :) You look great!

tjmom and Vee - thanks ladies! :wub:

I've only slept about an hour so far! So I don't know how awake I will be tomorrow to expel my chipperness! lol :blink:

I told doc I didn't think I'd be able to sleep without meds (chronic insomnia for forever) and he said I would due to the meds and anesthesia. Whatever, I was right, unfortunately LOL :ph34r:

prayers and positive thoughts for all of those having surgery today!

continued prayers and positive thoughts for those that have had surgery since the 1st! I hope you all are healing nicely and feeling more like your normal self!

IV is in and my belly has been thoroughly washed for the third time. There's no turning back now - deep breaths. Good luck to all other June 12 sleevers!

IV is in and my belly has been thoroughly washed for the third time. There's no turning back now - deep breaths. Good luck to all other June 12 sleevers!

Awesome! Thoughts for a speedy, uneventful surgery and recovery!

Prayers out to those having their sleeves today!!!

For those starting their new life tomorrow:

Gene1970

JRoybal

Slimwithin

DuranFan1969

New Orleans Lady

SweetSusie1

NJHANIBAL

rherrera

The best of luck to all of you! Prayers and well wishes to all of you and let us know how things go! And Pics work well too! (just ask Blondeej!)

Looking forward to hearing of your successes!

Eric

Okay everyone, I had my blood draw this morning and am finished with my pre-admit process. Nothing else left to do but wait and stick to the pre-op diet. The only thing I am concerned with is that I am having allergy issues which is causing a persistent cough due to post nasal drip. Other than I am ready to go.

T minus seven days and counting.

Eric

Dadto2.....almost there! wow so many sleeves in June done or waiting to be done...

Good thoughts and best wishes to you all....