Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

Good luck to all today's sleevers!!!! Thanks for the advance well wishes for tomorrow! I'm very nervous and obsessed that I don't have enough time to get it all done before I go in tomorrow at 6am. I dropped my three boys (7,9,11) off with grandparents in Houston and drove back up here to Dallas yesterday with a heavy heart, wondering if I'd ever see them again... Am I obsessed with the off chance that things will go wiggy or have any of you all felt this as well? I'm a mess!

Need2Change,

There is always a chance something could go wrong. It's natural to think about it, but I wouldn't dwell on it at all. Think about it this way; something could happen crossing the street, parking your car, or any number of things! From what I have read and watching my wife go through the procedure a month ago, I am convinced that mine will be a piece of cake! Albeit a painful one, but a piece of cake non the less.

I don't know about you, but I rely on my faith a lot in situations like this. Not going to get religious here on you, but however you meditate, or pray or whatever takes you to that place of peace, I would say do that. Concentrate on that and let that be your help in this. Once you are at peace, think of your boys and how much more fun you'll have with them; how much more active you will be with them!

I'll keep you in prayer that you find that peace. You'll be fine. It'll be over before you know it and you'll have started that journey to that newer, more improved you!

Eric

Thank you Eric - I needed to hear this! You are so right in your words... Thank you for the response and for your prayers!

Lynn

Sending prayers to all those having surgery today and those past surgeries.

Sending prayers to all those having surgery today and those past surgeries.

MinaT - how are you feeling? Everything going smoothly?

I'm having a better day than yesterday. I keep having coughing fits which hurt, and I had a fever of 100 yesterday. I then sneezed so hard I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Tylenol is the only thing I'm allowed to take and it makes me sick so my mother found some chewable tylenol so I finally got some help.

Every day is a little better. I had my first real Protein Shake today it took me a while to get 4 ounces in this morning and then another 4 ounces later.

Everyone heals at their own rate, I'm going to be slower because of the Lupus, but I'm not down about it. Yesterday the fever made me weepy, and today I feel a little better. I finally lost the surgery weight I gained and I'm down to 227.2 from 229, it's not much but I am obviously very swollen still.

I started walking in the house in a circle through kitchen, living room, dining room 20 minutes at a time, I've done it twice so far today.

The binder really has helped today.

I hope everyone is doing great, and best wishes and prayers going out to Tuesdays sleevers.

Eager12

Iwant2Bthatgirl

need2change

Dayo

Denalisa

CRosa

glsun0612

I'm having a better day than yesterday. I keep having coughing fits which hurt, and I had a fever of 100 yesterday. I then sneezed so hard I pulled a muscle in my stomach. Tylenol is the only thing I'm allowed to take and it makes me sick so my mother found some chewable tylenol so I finally got some help.

Every day is a little better. I had my first real Protein Shake today it took me a while to get 4 ounces in this morning and then another 4 ounces later.

Everyone heals at their own rate, I'm going to be slower because of the Lupus, but I'm not down about it. Yesterday the fever made me weepy, and today I feel a little better. I finally lost the surgery weight I gained and I'm down to 227.2 from 229, it's not much but I am obviously very swollen still.

I started walking in the house in a circle through kitchen, living room, dining room 20 minutes at a time, I've done it twice so far today.

The binder really has helped today.

I hope everyone is doing great, and best wishes and prayers going out to Tuesdays sleevers.

Eager12

Iwant2Bthatgirl

need2change

Dayo

Denalisa

CRosa

glsun0612

Thank you Mina! I am ready to cross over to the bench tomorrow! Questions for anyone who has already run the gamut...

1) What is The Binder? Mina you said it helped you today...

2) Some have mentioned being "bagged" and others have said they have a drain that gets removed. Can I get more details on what all this is please?

3) What did you wear to the hospital? I would imagine that with fluids and swelling, nothing even mildly tight around the waist would work, correct?

4) Did you stay in the hospital gown and if so, not to be silly here, but what keeps you from flashing the floor once you were made to walk the halls?

5) what is the average wait time from arriving at the hospital to the actual surgery? I know someone who had to wait 11 hours!! Yikes!

I know I should have gotten answers prior to the 11th hour, but it's my night before nervousness that is making my mind race!

Thanks!!

Thank you Mina! I am ready to cross over to the bench tomorrow! Questions for anyone who has already run the gamut...

1) What is The binder? Mina you said it helped you today...

A binder is a stretchy wrap that goes around you. Keeps things close in and from not moving so much. Mine helped a little but after a bit, the pressure just hurt so I stopped using it.

2) Some have mentioned being "bagged" and others have said they have a drain that gets removed. Can I get more details on what all this is please?

I'm not sure about "bagged" other than it could mean a catheter bag. I was in surgery a long time so my doc used a cath for me. I got it off the next AM. It was actually kinda nice b/c I didn't have to worry about getting to the bathroom on time!

I did not have a drain tho it was a possibility.

3) What did you wear to the hospital? I would imagine that with fluids and swelling, nothing even mildly tight around the waist would work, correct?

I wore a maxi dress. I didn't want anything on my abdomen when I went home! And yeah, looked like I'd swallowed a small watermelon! LOL!

4) Did you stay in the hospital gown and if so, not to be silly here, but what keeps you from flashing the floor once you were made to walk the halls?

I brought a nightshirt but with the IV and cath/bag, I ended up not changing in to it. I just used another gown as a "robe" and that worked. Actually would have been nice to have one [robe] but again w/the IV, would have been difficult.

5) what is the average wait time from arriving at the hospital to the actual surgery? I know someone who had to wait 11 hours!! Yikes!

Really depends on where you're getting it done. My hospital, I checked in about 8:45, they took me back about 9:30 and I was headed in to OR just before 10:30, came out about 1.

I know I should have gotten answers prior to the 11th hour, but it's my night before nervousness that is making my mind race!

Thanks!!

You will do fine! Best wishes!!!!

Okay, opening up for tomorrow's sleevers!

Eager12

Iwant2Bthatgirl

need2change

Dayo

Denalisa

CRosa

glsun0612

Good luck Tuesday sleevers - prayers going out for you all, as well as crossing my fingers and toes!

You will do fine! Best wishes!!!!

MamaM - thank you so much for the answers to my many questions! I'm bringing a cushie pillow with me because I read that if I need to cough/laugh/sneeze/breathe, etc. that it would help. Intuitively, I think anything pressing on an incision would make it hurt, but many have commented that a small pillow helped.

Ok, one last clarification - even though you didn't get a drain, what is it, why would one need it, where on the body is it and what gets drained... if one is needed?

I'm so sorry for being a question pest!! You really have helped me a lot!!

Thanks!

Good luck Tuesday sleevers - prayers going out for you all, as well as crossing my fingers and toes!

THANK YOU DuranFan1969!! I am soooo ready to be at the hospital. My tummy is doing some flip-flops now, but I'm sure everything will be ok :-) Please keep me in your tomorrow-prayers... my call-to-the-hospital time is 5:30a.m. with the action happening around 7:30a.m. (I hope!)??? All I know id that I'll have one sleepy hubby waiting in the lobby!

Hope all the sleeves today were without incident. Also, good luck - thoughts and prayers with you - to the Wed & Thurs sleevers, since I may be out of touch until then!

I hope everyone is doing well. Tomorrow is the big day for me and I've been going from excited, to crazy nervous all day. Up until this morning it didn't seem real but after spending the day in the doctor's office and hospital for last-minute stuff it's very real. I'll be focusing on positive thoughts.

MamaM - thank you so much for the answers to my many questions! I'm bringing a cushie pillow with me because I read that if I need to cough/laugh/sneeze/breathe, etc. that it would help. Intuitively, I think anything pressing on an incision would make it hurt, but many have commented that a small pillow helped.

Ok, one last clarification - even though you didn't get a drain, what is it, why would one need it, where on the body is it and what gets drained... if one is needed?

I'm so sorry for being a question pest!! You really have helped me a lot!!

Thanks!

The drain would be in your abdomen and drains out any fluids that would build up in there from the surgery. Excess blood, etc. They stay in for varying times. I've heard of them being in for as little as a day and for as long as months. Don't stress on that part. It really is an individual thing, for getting one or not and for how long it stays in.

The little pillow does help. If you lay it across your abdomen and hold it w/your arm across and apply pressure w/your whole arm, it helps "hold" things while coughing or sneezing or even just adjusting yourself in the bed. They do help.

And you're welcome! I hate the unknown and am always wanting to know more, so I can relate! LOL!

Sending healing prayers for those who went in today and best wishes for those going in tomorrow!!!

Here's hoping all of today sleevers were done without incident and everyone is resting comfortably ...

Same for tomorrow sleevers .. Good luck everyone !

Thank you!! We'll see what happens tomorrow...! :)