Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

[quote name=McSleevy :)' timestamp='1339627917' post='373426]

That's very smart of you to have started doing some shakes already.. I probably should have done the same. OOPS! lol Enjoy that Olive Garden! Have a breadstick or two for me! :P I have heard for many people that this pre-op diet gets easier as the days go by.. I sure hope so because I am not even through the first day and the very thought of another Protein drink makes me CRINGE! :blink:

Btw, what is your pre-op diet? Just curious.. Here is mine...

1) DRINK 4-5 SERVINGS OF A liquid Protein

Meal Replacement DAILY: (Choose from the following)

Bariatric Advantage, CHIKE, BARIATRX ESSENTIALS, unjury

EAS MYOPLEX LITE, or GNC TOTAL LEAN shake 25

Powdered mixes may be mixed with skim milk or soy milk.

2) IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, CONSUME 64 OZ.

sugar-free FLUIDS DAILY:

Water

CRYSTAL LIGHT (OR OTHER FLAVORED WATERS)

sugar free Jello

LOW SODIUM broth

sugar free POPSICLES

Sound tasty?? lol

P.S. I see a couple people have said something about a secret FB page.. Do you know how I can find that? Thanks! :)

My preop is ...

3 Meal Replacement shakes a day

broth

2 slices whole wheat bread

2 cups fat free veggies with no butter, or other Condiments

2 cups slim milk

1 cup fruit

At least 64 oz of sugar free liquids and water....

I am thankful because, at least, I get to chew! I have been doing 2 shakes a day and then supper. But night time is my achilles heal! Just gonna try to keep busy sewing and reading. I am looking forward to that Olive Garden today with my friend! But last time I ate something heavy like that it made me miserable!

My mom ask me last night how much of my stomach they were taking out...I told her 75 to 80% and she like to have freaked out! I wish she would just quit asking me questions!

OMG! Started preop diet today, so far I'm ok. It's only been a few hours. We shall see in a day or so. :) I'm really starting to get nervous now. I've been alright so far, but I knew that when I started the diet I would also start freaking out. I am. :o I am 5 days out now. June 19th has ever looked so close but seemed so far before.

I've seen quite a few differences in preop diets/lengths. I'm so glad I only have 5 days. Mine consists of:

3-4 meal replacement shakes/day

5-6 servings of cream of wheat/rice, non-chunky low fat low sugar yogurt, low fat puree Soup, unsweetened applesauce, sugar-free pudding

48-64 oz. H2O or other sugar free caffeine free beverages

I can also have veggie juice, broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles or Water ice

I started this morning with a Protein shake. I now know why a lidded cup was suggested: Protein shakes smell awful! Tasted ok but the smell was wicked.

So far that's all I've had except some Water to take my meds. I'm so nervous right now that I'm not even hungry. Weird.

Dadto2,

I have seasonal allergies myself and yesterday I was sneezing and post nasal and all that jazz so I called my doc and she said I can take my Claritin right up til the night before surgery to keep things cleared out. I take it as needed so it wasn't on my list when I did my appointment. Usually by this time I've had my allergy fun and I'm good til Sept but my neighbors have been doing yardwork like crazy and it rained yesterday. A perfect storm for me. :) If you usually take something and haven't already, check in with your doc. They may let you take it. If you don't they may be able to give you something.

Just my 2 cents. I believe you and I are going the same day for our surgeries. (June 19). T-minus 5 days and counting! Oh, I know it's a few days early but just so I don't forget, cause I will: Happy Father's Day!

Thanks for replying about the FB page. I have not slept in a few nights so I took something last night and got some sleep!

Not a problem at all!

I'm glad you got some sleep. I haven't slept well in days either. Not good for either of us :(

It seems everyone's preop diet is slightly different. Mine consists of 6 glucerna (I begged to use Atkins instead), 2 no fat or low fat yogurts with sugar substitute, 2 8oz servings of 100%juice, and all of the sf no calorie drinks i want up to the day before surgery. The day before surgery is nothing but clears. I am so allowed sf Jello during my preop.

Good luck to all the sleevers today and those I missed over the past few days. My prayers are with you all.

Hey....me too!!! I'm having mine on June 25 at Kaiser here in Ca. Say prayers for me too!

Yep! Going to Juarez =) That is the only thing that causes me any concern lol I know we'll be fine but Juarez is admittedly a little scary!! Being in DFW area though' date=' it made more sense to fly to El Paso instead of San Diego. Plus Star Medica is supposed to be an amazing hospital!! I'm just happy to have someone in my "neck of the woods" having the surgery on the same day. I hope we can keep in touch =)[/quote']

You will love it...never seen so many nice people caring and clean hospital.

OMG! Started preop diet today, so far I'm ok. It's only been a few hours. We shall see in a day or so. :) I'm really starting to get nervous now. I've been alright so far, but I knew that when I started the diet I would also start freaking out. I am. :o I am 5 days out now. June 19th has ever looked so close but seemed so far before.

Dadto2,

I have seasonal allergies myself and yesterday I was sneezing and post nasal and all that jazz so I called my doc and she said I can take my Claritin right up til the night before surgery to keep things cleared out. I take it as needed so it wasn't on my list when I did my appointment. Usually by this time I've had my allergy fun and I'm good til Sept but my neighbors have been doing yardwork like crazy and it rained yesterday. A perfect storm for me. :) If you usually take something and haven't already, check in with your doc. They may let you take it. If you don't they may be able to give you something.

Just my 2 cents. I believe you and I are going the same day for our surgeries. (June 19). T-minus 5 days and counting! Oh, I know it's a few days early but just so I don't forget, cause I will: Happy Father's Day!

Lehg520 thank you so much for the Father's Day wishes! We are both due on the 19th for our surgeries and that is awesome as well.

Thanks for the advice on the allergies. So far the coughing has started going away. Still a little persistent, but slowing a lot now. Fortunately the rest of the symptoms have all but disappeared.

Good luck on your surgery!

Eric

Eric,

Yay! I found someone who shares my day! Good luck to you as well. We're gonna do great!. I'm having some issues right now with 2nd guessing myself and coupled with the pre-op diet, I have been a B!tc#. I'm excited one minute, terrified and depressed the next.

Glad to hear your allergies are letting up. I think I'm just going to keep taking the Claritin anyway just to be safe. Last thing I need is to be stuffy, sneezing and coughing while trying to have surgery. I don't know if I could handle having it postponed at this point. :(

Off to bed now. I'm hungry and out of food for the day. Figure I'll just go to bed and forget about it.

-Lauren

Prayers and positive thoughts to all having surgery today. Also, continued prayers for healing and strength to all that have already had surgery.

I'm from the DFW area as well and have a June 29th surgery with Dr Rodriguez! Yay! Someone close to me!! So excited to find you =)

I'm near downtown FW. Been here about two years.

Thinking of and praying for great surgery experiences for all our June 15th sleevers!

My prayers are with all June 15 sleevers! I have started the preop diet today! Game on!

prayers for all sleevers that I've missed their surgery dates the past few days and those that are today!

back at work today and sip sip sipping my Protein shake!! :)

Everyone on having surgery today, prayers and well wishes your way! Let us know how thing go!

Okay everyone we have the following June Sleevers coming up on their life changing dates!

Saturday, June 16, 2012 (unless I didn't see a change here)

june16 -- Dr. Jorge Daes, Columbia, SA

Monday, June 18, 2012

ChrissyDeex3

VeronicaH

Pteri

innerme

Naturals

mommieof3

Kymwalla

Good Luck to you all! I wish you a speedy, successful surgery, rapid recovery, and a wonderful life on the Loser's Bench! Let us know how things go!

I'll be on the Tuesday list (June 19th) so I may or may not be posting anything that day (or maybe before as Monday is going to be a swamping busy good time for me at work and at home!) If I don't then to all of those joining me on the 19th:

Sunshine25

Littlebits

Zoobdude

Lehg520

Again, good luck, speedy successful surgery, rapid recovery and let us know how things go! I will post as soon as my wife hands me a laptop and I am coherent enough to.

Eric