Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleever's Compilation - Good Luck & Well Wishes

You are going to be so happy with Dr Rodriguez and staff .. They are wonderful people and did great job not too much pain at all! Are you going to Juarez?

I did it !!!! :)

Surgery started around 7:40 this morning, took about 1 hour and in my room by 10:30. I have had minimal pain (being told to stay on top of pain meds was the best advice ever!) and was a touch nauseous in recovery but have felt much better than I thought I would. I've had a popsicle, Water and some broth and doing good there and have already done some good walking.

All I know is if anyone ever needs a surgeon in Atlanta, Dr. Hart is amazing!!!

Good luck to all today's sleevers!!!! Thanks for the advance well wishes for tomorrow! I'm very nervous and obsessed that I don't have enough time to get it all done before I go in tomorrow at 6am. I dropped my three boys (7,9,11) off with grandparents in Houston and drove back up here to Dallas yesterday with a heavy heart, wondering if I'd ever see them again... Am I obsessed with the off chance that things will go wiggy or have any of you all felt this as well? I'm a mess!

You are definitely NOT alone.. I have two little girls. One is 6 1/2 years old and the other 7 1/2 months old. I have been driving my husband crazy saying, "What if this.. and What if that.." I even had a long talk with my best friend about helping raise my girls if I died.. I think it's normal to have all of these emotions..

That's why my date is June 29. I can take off anytime, but that's my husband's week off and he can just take a couple of days off before vacation then go back after his regular week off. I am excited this is actually about to happen! Dreading this darn preop thing though!

I started my pre-op today and I feel like I'm going to die! lol :wacko:

[quote name=McSleevy :)' timestamp='1339623869' post='373353]

I started my pre-op today and I feel like I'm going to die! lol :wacko:

I so dread this preop but maybe after a couple of days we'll either die or get used to starving. My friend is taking me to Olive Garden for a little lunch tomorrow....I've been doing a couple of shakes a day already but the evenings are tough on me.....My husband is a junk food addict and weighs nothing so I told him he has to buy stuff I don't like!

You are going to be so happy with Dr Rodriguez and staff .. They are wonderful people and did great job not too much pain at all! Are you going to Juarez?

They are I'm one week at work doing great. Only one scare that needs to heal.. Drink my Fluid.... Get gas strips and walk all the time

I so dread this preop but maybe after a couple of days we'll either die or get used to starving. My friend is taking me to Olive Garden for a little lunch tomorrow....I've been doing a couple of shakes a day already but the evenings are tough on me.....My husband is a junk food addict and weighs nothing so I told him he has to buy stuff I don't like!

That's very smart of you to have started doing some shakes already.. I probably should have done the same. OOPS! lol Enjoy that Olive Garden! Have a breadstick or two for me! :P I have heard for many people that this pre-op diet gets easier as the days go by.. I sure hope so because I am not even through the first day and the very thought of another Protein drink makes me CRINGE! :blink:

Btw, what is your pre-op diet? Just curious.. Here is mine...

1) DRINK 4-5 SERVINGS OF A liquid Protein

Meal Replacement DAILY: (Choose from the following)

Bariatric Advantage, CHIKE, BARIATRX ESSENTIALS, unjury

EAS MYOPLEX LITE, or GNC TOTAL LEAN shake 25

Powdered mixes may be mixed with skim milk or soy milk.

2) IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, CONSUME 64 OZ.

sugar-free FLUIDS DAILY:

Water

CRYSTAL LIGHT (OR OTHER FLAVORED WATERS)

sugar free Jello

LOW SODIUM broth

sugar free POPSICLES

Sound tasty?? lol

P.S. I see a couple people have said something about a secret FB page.. Do you know how I can find that? Thanks! :)

I am here, and alive. Been suffering some HORRIBLE reflux/heartburn.... not gonna lie, been feeling like I may die (being dramatic here).... due to it being a revision, the part of my lower esophagus/upper stomach where my band was is still pretty inflamed and swollen. This is normal, but it does not make my life any easier at the moment. I haven't been able to get down any fluids yet.... the other girls here that were not revisions, just sleeves, have been eating their Soups and teas just fine.

At this rate I will lose 50 lbs in a couple weeks if I can't get anything in! They also gave me my band to have... pretty interesting to look at and think that thing was in me for over a year!!

Waiting to start feeling better so I can realize this was worth it.......... :unsure:

I am here, and alive. Been suffering some HORRIBLE reflux/heartburn.... not gonna lie, been feeling like I may die (being dramatic here).... due to it being a revision, the part of my lower esophagus/upper stomach where my band was is still pretty inflamed and swollen. This is normal, but it does not make my life any easier at the moment. I haven't been able to get down any fluids yet.... the other girls here that were not revisions, just sleeves, have been eating their Soups and teas just fine.

At this rate I will lose 50 lbs in a couple weeks if I can't get anything in! They also gave me my band to have... pretty interesting to look at and think that thing was in me for over a year!!

Waiting to start feeling better so I can realize this was worth it.......... :unsure:

Bless your heart! Praying for you to start feeling better fast! I must say that you look FANTASTIC in your post-op pic.. Hang in there! Keep us posted on your progress...

Oh Blondeej, I hope you start feeling better VERY soon. Remember your doctor can prescribe something for the heartburn or reflux. Hang in there!

I plan on going as often as I can. There is actually a meeting June 19 according to the schedule. :) I thought maybe on one of my post-op walks I'd swing by and check it out. LOL :lol: Yeah' date=' right. Somehow I don't think so. When did/do you have your pre-op class?[/quote']

My pre-op class is Monday, June 28th. Had my pre-admissions telephone interview today Counting down the days...

Blondeej .... Yes they can help with reflex....you don't have to suffer... And what's the saying, "this too shall pass"... healing hugs sent your way!

Yep! Going to Juarez =) That is the only thing that causes me any concern lol I know we'll be fine but Juarez is admittedly a little scary!! Being in DFW area though, it made more sense to fly to El Paso instead of San Diego. Plus Star Medica is supposed to be an amazing hospital!! I'm just happy to have someone in my "neck of the woods" having the surgery on the same day. I hope we can keep in touch =)

[quote name=McSleevy :)' timestamp='1339627917' post='373426]

That's very smart of you to have started doing some shakes already.. I probably should have done the same. OOPS! lol Enjoy that Olive Garden! Have a breadstick or two for me! :P I have heard for many people that this pre-op diet gets easier as the days go by.. I sure hope so because I am not even through the first day and the very thought of another Protein drink makes me CRINGE! :blink:

Btw, what is your pre-op diet? Just curious.. Here is mine...

1) DRINK 4-5 SERVINGS OF A Liquid Protein

Meal Replacement DAILY: (Choose from the following)

Bariatric Advantage, CHIKE, BARIATRX ESSENTIALS, unjury

EAS MYOPLEX LITE, or GNC TOTAL LEAN shake 25

Powdered mixes may be mixed with skim milk or soy milk.

2) IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, CONSUME 64 OZ.

sugar-free FLUIDS DAILY:

Water

CRYSTAL LIGHT (OR OTHER FLAVORED WATERS)

sugar free Jello

LOW SODIUM broth

sugar free POPSICLES

Sound tasty?? lol

P.S. I see a couple people have said something about a secret FB page.. Do you know how I can find that? Thanks! :)

Here is the link to the FB thread. In the thread is a link to Robin's FB profile to give her a friend request to be added to the group.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/40813-fb-page/

Here is the link to the FB thread. In the thread is a link to Robin's FB profile to give her a friend request to be added to the group.

http://www.verticals.../40813-fb-page/

Thanks for replying about the FB page. I have not slept in a few nights so I took something last night and got some sleep!